Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

ZDoom 2.1 Where Are You?!

Head over to the ZDoom page for a rather lengthy list of recent changes and fixes Randy has made to ZDoom for the upcoming release of 2.0.48/2.1 (that's a very complex number). Changes and fixes include stuff like minor Hexen issues and additions of multiplayer safe scripts and things like increased range for bullet tracers. Oh yeah and:

Sorry, I want to get through more of the bugs before releasing anything.

Ah well. Also the previous update before that one has the release of ZDoom's internal nodes builder as a stand alone util you can use on your maps, both Hexen and Doom formats.

hehe, I knew that would get your attention fredrik :P

btw I forgot to mention it in the update, but the new version will also sport the ability to read compressed gl nodes (even the software engine). Advantages:

* Less space used in the wad
    * Full precision vertices even for non-GL nodes
    * More than 64k segs
    * More than 32k subsectors
    * More than 32k nodes

sgtcrispy said:

Now if we had a map editor that was just advanced, or did I miss it somewhere?

fnord.

Apparently, Doom Builder is beginning to come close.

Scuba Steve said:

Not to stray from initial tompic, but does Doom builder plan to support Zdoom features?

It supports most of them now. Unfortunately, no mapspots or 3dbridges, to name a few. (wip)

Can someone gimme the gest about Zdoom's nodebuilder? Does it have special features? Does it only work for Zdoom? etc..

Doom Builder fully supports ZDoom (afaik), it's just some specials and thing types are missing from the config files. All you need to do is add them.

Scuba Steve said:

Things like save lines?

Even if the lines aren't listed, you can still put their type number in the box and it will still work.

zarcyb said:

Doom Builder fully supports ZDoom (afaik), it's just some specials and thing types are missing from the config files. All you need to do is add them.

Um, he also has to fix the scripting problems too.