Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

Another one bites the dust

As you probably know, a pop legend died yesterday. Robert Palmer, age 54 died of a heart attack in Paris. As you also know, he was one of my favorite artists, one which I have loved since I was a kid. At least he had a good life, and will be missed by all. This really isn't a good year for musicians.

Melfice said:

*Sighs with relief* Ah, the world continues to become a better place.

And why do you say that?

Lots of famous people are dying lately, I wonder who's next. I like his video for addicted to love, it's a classic.

Arioch said:

And George Plimpton died at 76.

noooooo. well i dont know who that is, but at first i thought u said pimpton.

i remember someone drawling a picture for a teacher a few years back. called it "pimp daddy frosty" had a snowman thinking about money. teacher hung it up, but a few days later cut the p out of pimp, so it said "imp daddy frosty" so i printed out a picture of an imp and taped it over frosty

Not that anyone knows who they are, but Joe and Louis Mentor died a couple weeks ago. Joe Mentor owned like half the county and did many, many development projects. He was probably the richest guy in the county (though Chris Cornell, Chris Katan, Brian Herbert, and a few others are residents of the county as well so I dunno). Louis was his brother, so he probably owned a lot too. Joe died of a aneurism and Louis died of a heart attack a week later. Kinda odd.

And thus the inevitable question arises: Who's next?
Shame about Palmer, Plimpton, and the Mentors though :(

Sargebaldy: There are National figures of fame that not every knows about too...the list of people I've known who never heard of Trent Reznor would probably have more words in it than the US Constitution.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people who jump to conclusions. For the record, I read his whole post; how do you think I was able to quote him that far down? I don't skim when I read, I READ!

Disorder said:

Lots of famous people are dying lately, I wonder who's next.

Probably Arnold Shawartzinagger(sp?), most likely assasinated.

Ultraviolet said:

Only people who pose threats are assassinated.

not true :P some times its just a maniac who kills someone non threataning :P

what does SP stand for anyway??

footman said:

Probably Arnold Shawartzinagger(sp?), most likely assasinated.

Are you kidding me? Have you seen his movies? NO ONE CAN ASSASINATE ARNOLD!!!!!!11 HE'S IMMORTAL!!1

Disorder said:

HE'S IMMORTAL!!1

McCloud: No one lives forever.
Arnie: Then I'll be back!

whose next. weel u know therer is some tred about presidents elected in a 00 year, or something like that. get either assassinated, die or an attempt is made

attempts isn't saying saying much. only two presidents have been elected in 00 years, and 11 presidents total have either had assassination attempts or foiled plans to be assassinated. this includes 4 out of the last 5 presidents (Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr. (although during clinton's term), and Clinton). furthermore, superstition is officially retarded.