Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neo-Reloaded

Dungeon Keeper Mod :)

Hello, me and other guys are making a doom 3 mod called "Dungeon Keeper" it's based on the dungeone keeper series that were released a long time ago, it was a really cool game so now we are kinda porting it to the doom 3 engine to make an awesome mod, with great visuals and addictive gameplay, well, right now we could use all kind of help, you can check the mod out at: http://mods.moddb.com/2149/?view=all
the website is on the works, if you want to join post your e-mail and what can you do, Bye. :)

ya... i am the leader of this mod.. i need some modelers mainly, and coders would help.. but modelers are a MUST! :D i hope to see some of u join in.. wil be very fun.. also, for everyone that joins, i will NOT send you a free copy of Dungeon Keeper, despite the fact that you can no longer buy it.. :|

you play comps or other ppl.. with doom 3's 4 player max, it will be PERFECT.. wot u do is, u have to build a base, and bring in evil monsters.. in this game, you are the bad guy, and u kill humans and are trying to take over the world. Along the way, u meant huge hordes of heroes, and other Keepers with the same goal.. you must kill them as well too.. Its an excellant game, but EA bought the company that made it, then the shut it down./. :S they are bastards... and so, i am making this mod as a tribute sorta of thing.. and i ask for ANYONE at ALL who can do ANYTHING to join! im desprete! i NEED this almost done before doom 3 comes out so we can be ahead of the game!!

why wait? join now, and you can MAKE it!! you can BE it! join now! infact, if you cant even mod yet, i'll TEACH YOU! jsut gimme your msn, icq, or contact me on aim.. i cant contact u on aim, only msn or icq.. long story.. my AIM is deathmaster851, msn is deathmaster_dpw@hotmail.com, and ICQ is 91061765. if you cant mod yet, i'll teach you.. jusst TRY! i NEED PPL!! :D

dEaThMaStEr said:
type in eglish?? eh?? i am.. at least, i THINK i am. .:D

He means you should take the time to spell correctly so it's not so difficult to read your posts.

On a side note, though... I don't see how you're going to be able to do a lot of the work you're planning until the game comes out. Planning you can do, and maybe the models, sounds, and textures... but as far as coding and level building goes you're going to have to wait. Unless you're planning to use the alpha as a base... but that's not a good idea at all.

ah.. i see.. no short hand and abbriviations.. k.. :D

Anyhow, thats exactly wot i was saying.. You can make models, textures, 2d art, and sounds, just cant code.. And im a decent coder, so im not TOO concerned on that.. but i REALLY need a modeler here.. :D please?! :D

Neo-Reloaded said:

you can check the mod out at: http://mods.moddb.com/2149/?view=all
the website is on the works, if you want to join post your e-mail and what can you do, Bye. :)

Jesus Christ those models SUCK. If this is a Doom 3 mod, those models had better be higher quality before it is released. ;-)

Anyway...If I have some spare time I might be able to pull off a model or two...

Prime said:
Jesus Christ those models SUCK (I'm a computer animation major, I should know). If this is a Doom 3 mod, those models had better be higher quality before it is released.

Heh, if I'm not mistaken, it clearly states in the most recent post (on that site) that those are from Dungeon Keeper 2. They are just what the new models are going to be based on.

EllipsusD said:

Heh, if I'm not mistaken, it clearly states in the most recent post (on that site) that those are from Dungeon Keeper 2. They are just what the new models are going to be based on.

Good call, Ellipsus!

Maybe I should stop posting in the early morning hours...heh. ;-)

In any case, like I said before, if I can find some time I might be able to provide a couple of models...I also do concept art. Deathmaster, I have your AIM and ICQ contact info...

Well I can't! :P
I have my own Doom3 project to attend to! :D I've already started some of the basics. (Yes I can do levels in 3D) Now all I have to do is wait for Doom3 to come out so I can do the actual work :P

Ahh.. thanks for clearin that EllipsusD.. :D anyhow, my AIM is deathmaster851, and my icq is 9106765. Feel free to contact me on whichever.. :D And thanks! :D

Just a thought - wouldn't you all be well adviced to look at the SDK of the final Doom3engine first?

Or are you all talking about prework ?

:D prework of cource.. make al models, sounds, and textures and such, then when the engine source comes out, code it all in, and u got a big mod made in short time.. :D good way to get a mod released sooner.. :)

By the way, I can't believe no one has done this yet:

Neo-Reloaded and dEaThMaStEr, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

um ya.. one BIG problem with that buddy... :D we have nobody to MAKE those maps, models and whatnot.. so far, all i can offer are some shots of dungeon keeper 2 that we are using as concept.. to look at that, goto the link neo posted. And as far as maps go, if you ever played dungeon keeper, you would see there really arent nay maps.. its jsut a large square area filled with some dirt and gold and lava and water... nothing complex to it whatsoever.. So really, i CANT post anything cause nobody to make it.. :S

dEaThMaStEr said:

you play comps or other ppl.. with doom 3's 4 player max, it will be PERFECT.. wot u do is, u have to build a base, and bring in evil monsters.. in this game, you are the bad guy, and u kill humans and are trying to take over the world. Along the way, u meant huge hordes of heroes, and other Keepers with the same goal.. you must kill them as well too.. Its an excellant game, but EA bought the company that made it, then the shut it down./. :S they are bastards... and so, i am making this mod as a tribute sorta of thing.. and i ask for ANYONE at ALL who can do ANYTHING to join! im desprete! i NEED this almost done before doom 3 comes out so we can be ahead of the game!!

The max for multiplayer isn't 4... that's what iD will be using for the boxed multiplayer, but as I understand it, the player count can be adjusted in a text file.

dEaThMaStEr said:

EA bought the company that made it, then the shut it down./. :S they are bastards...

Actually I praise them for doing that, since all the talented people (Peter Molyneux, Demis Hassabis, Jonty Barnes, etc) had already left before Bullfrog closed down, and any future games they would have made would therefore have been complete crap. Of course it's almost certainly EA's fault that these people left in the first place...

EIDOS are the publishers I hate the most, for wasting a small fortune on the pile of crap that is Daikatana, and in the process killing off the team of pure talent that was Looking Glass Studios.

Before I thought Daikatana was a Joke, but now I know the story it is an Insult.

Deathmaster, have you thought of doing a futuristic style dungeon keeper where all the heroes are in fact space marines? I think that would be cool.

But how are you going to do the base building? Make the levels out of 3d models?

k.. first off, i know that you can MAKE it more then 4, im just syaing its set to 4 at first, which is PERFECT, cause i didnt want to go over 4 to begin with.. :D

Second, either way, EA screwed bullfrog, and i hate em for that.. Also, ever played ultima online?? EA screwed THAT game too.. i hate em.. pfft..

And third, the maps are gonig to be very difficult.... not for the mapper, but for me, the coder.. :D What i think i will do is, to save on space, make 3d models for every dirt tile, and u place them all in the map.. then, thru coding, i make them all static entites, so then only certain runs will be done for each one.. if doom 3 does not have this feature, i will make it.. :D This will allow the entites to exist, without butchering the rate.. then, any static entity dirt tiles that you "select" well then transfer into a dynamic enity, with all stats and such of the dirt tile.. including health.. then, then imps goto dig it out, wot happens is the imps will become angry at the dirt tile, jsut as a monster becomes angry at the player.. the imps will then attack the dirt, and kill it, to dig it out.. :D its is a big complex, but i know i can do it.. :D not TOO hard, jsut tedious and dull.. :D

chilvence said:

Deathmaster, have you thought of doing a futuristic style dungeon keeper where all the heroes are in fact space marines? I think that would be cool.

...Well, Deathmaster? ;-)

hm.. dunno about THAT one.. i mean, that IS well off base from dungeon keeper.. that sounds more like some starcraft mod or somethin.. :P Maybe i WILL do osmething like that.. i mean, if this mod goes over well, i may begin to specialize in making 3d shooters into a third person game like that.. :D But for a futuristic one, i dont think.. Becuase this IS done as a tribute to the game, so id like to keep it based off of it.. :D

But hey, like i said, maybe this will work out, and i can make one like that only with my own idea.. :D

Well, the reason I thought of it was just because there are already 2 medieval dungeon keeper games, having one set in the future would put a nice twist on it.

It is Doom after all, where space marines are the heroes and demons use technology as much as they use magic.

Basically, I think trying to recreate the dungeon keeper we know and love would be like trying to improve an already perfect formula, so why not throw some chaotic elements into the mix and see what you can come up with.

well u see, it wasnt perfect... there were some jsut flat out stupid and annoying things in dungeon keeper on and two, and i will fix those.. Also, as i said, this is like a tribute to them.. And witha dungeon keeper in better graphics, it will be played well.. i might ocnsider a futuristic one later tho.. :D

i remember playing dungeon keeper 2. i love that game. its fun as hell. but i dont like how it wont play on never versions of windows

well, can u model? or make sounds? Or do anything? If so, join my team, and u will get to be apart of a great mod, AND make a great game under better graphics, that runs on windows too!! :D

I have my doubts when it comes to mods made by people called "Deathmaster" with incorrect capitalizations, and who has a clear lack of language skills. Then, when I look at your "mod page" I just see screenshots and art work from DK2. Awesome.

It's a great concept (too bad you didn't come up with it) and Doom3 has everthing needed to pull it off, but I'm just not sure if you are the ones who are capable of doing it. Do you have any old work to show off?

What you should do is to take small steps at a time. Make a mod for HL or Doom 2 to learn the dos and don'ts of mod making. Maybe contact some other mod developers, like the NS team. (http://www.natural-selection.org/)