Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

Lost Soul art -vs- ingame model

What do you think loos better the art shot fist shown in the legacy video ot the ingame model from a design perspective.

I personally like the contemerary art design better, cause it's eyes are pale white and has several rows of scathered teeth making it look more twisted. While the ingame ver has black eyes with yellow pupils, and the robotics start way to low on the ingame version.

It's a bit hard to compare the two imo. Hand drawn type of art allows the imagination to flourish a lot more than it does with a video game model and i've seen frequent examples of this (quake 2, half life etc). So obviously the art will always look more cool than the model counterpart.

From the screenies I have seen, the in game model looks too angular on the parts of the head that are supposed to be rounded (ie over the top of its dome).

The game's not out yet - both the lost sould and the revenant may end up looking better in the final.
Hell, most of the other monster models seem to look better so far.

I liked the art picture much better,

But after looking at the D3 movie at the E3, And seeing those "GHOST" lost souls spread out of the gateway and quickly phased through the walls/doors and possessed that security gaurd. That made my hair prickle. I would like id to redesign the soul's scull to be much more demonic or strangly mishaped and not so humanlike. After seeing the ghostsouls made me feel that the solid bio-mechanicle lost souls are pretty "POINTLESS". id should just get rid of the "bio-mechs" versions of lost souls and just use the ghostsouls for the game. After all, what they can do does fit their discription much more anyway.

I find them to be the most scariest demons, cuz the fact they could phase through walls and people with ease. When one attacks, it should shoot in fast and phase through you like the S.guard, lifting you in the air. Your health meter will drop, and you will get sluggish for a brief moment, but you can try to run away and gradually your health meter would slowly return where it was before you were attacked but if you were attacked buy groups of them in non-stop fashion with no opening to run away so you can recover. You will get possessed the same way the S.Guard in the video. Because they're entities and not solid creatures, you shouldn't be able to fight against them with conventional weapons but it'll be much smarter to just avoid them as humanly possible. I don't know, get out of their line of site, or something..... Especailly when when they come after you in packs.

thoughts anyone?

But the ruff edges have noting to do with the texturing, just compare the robotics on the back of the head. Doesn't the one from drawing look better, it's bulkier were as the in game verions is smaller and lower. plus the eyes.

on another note, Is it just me or does the mancubus in the top hand corner seem to have a skull like mask?

Shapeless said:

on another note, Is it just me or does the mancubus in the top hand corner seem to have a skull like mask?

Mancubus?

Yaa the Mancubus in the top lef corner, the one that's a picture of the latex sculpture from the id offices. Looks like he's wearing something, it's even a darker colour.

I like the concept art more than I like the actual in-game screenshot of the Lost Soul. The art gave a different look to the LS, in way that you could say are deceiving to what the real thing will be. In the picture, it shows a lot of exhaust coming from the LS's engine, which lead me to think it was incapable of floating slowly, but insted they'd jet around rooms, screeching and such.

I like the 3D model in ways too. I like how they changed it's eyes to a more demonic black, with reflective lenses. In the long run, I'll end up liking the Lost Soul's 3D form more, after seeing it in motion, I'm sure.

tsareppsun said:

thoughts anyone?

Hmmm, cool thoughts for something described in text, featured in a movie or whatever, but fun to play against? Not for me. I think such an enemy would be a frustrating annoyance.