Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoorado

FF7: Advent Children

http://www.eyesonff.com/roo/ffvii-ac.jpg

Incredible! The character models look extremely badass, especially Cloud, who's almost photorealistic in the close-up shot. I'm really looking forward to this.

Just so you don't know, Advent Children is a direct-to-DVD movie set two years after the end of the original FF7. Square has spent 1 1/2 years working on it and it will be released next year. The movie will last for 60 minutes.

Zoorado said:

http://www.eyesonff.com/roo/ffvii-ac.jpg

Incredible! The character models look extremely badass, especially Cloud, who's almost photorealistic in the close-up shot. I'm really looking forward to this.

Make any game's screenshot as small as these screens and everything looks real. Blow up the pictures and start counting polygons. This says nothing. Besides, I hate the Final Fantasy series.

-edit Oops, I missed the 'movie' part. Still, it's probably not that impressive if you see a full sized screenshot.

Disorder said:

Make any game's screenshot as small as these screens and everything looks real. Blow up the pictures and start counting polygons. This says nothing. Besides, I hate the Final Fantasy series.

-edit Oops, I missed the 'movie' part. Still, it's probably not that impressive if you see a full sized screenshot.

Small? Did you not see Cloud's model, which takes up nearly half the page? It's in the background if you didn't notice...

Edit: In fact, I find the new Cloud looking more realistic than any pure CGI character that precedes it. You heard that right: more realistic than Smith in Reloaded, Gollum in The Two Towers, and the buxom Hulk. Go figure. ;)

Fredrik said:

Oh no, not another Final Fantasy movie disaster...

Nah. There's a VERY high chance of this movie being a success. It's based on the most well-received game of the series, and has better graphics than The Spirits Within. Of course, the battle scenes are gonna rock as well (this is Square dammit).

Zoorado said:

It's based on the most well-received game of the series

FFVI is better. FFVII might be more "well-received" because it's been played by a larger number of people (and directly after its release).

Fredrik said:

FFVI is better. FFVII might be more "well-received" because it's been played by a larger number of people (and directly after its release).

It's all differing opinions, as to which is the best. But FF7 is certainly the best-selling one.

FF7 is THE BEST out of all the Final Fantasy series. I don't give a shit about any other Final Fantasy Game.

Xaser said:

FF7 is THE BEST out of all the Final Fantasy series. I don't give a shit about any other Final Fantasy Game.

Have you even played any of the other games?

Fredrik said:

Have you even played any of the other games?

I dunno, but anyhow, I can't get emotionally attached to the characters in FF(<7). Different people have different tastes, if you can accept it.

Damn fanboys, although it looks promising, im not intrigued by the FF series.

Zoorado said:

Different people have different tastes, if you can accept it.

Of course, and that's why I don't "don't give a shit" :P

im tired of all these people being like "OMG ff7 is the best one!" when they havent even played the 6 previous ones. ive never played 7 but my favorites are 4 and 6, those fucking pwn.

the thing that gets me is that half the final fantasy fanbase was started BECAUSE of 7 which was the first one on the playstation. i dont know why it was so popular, hell, most people that "love" the FF series (i.e. 7-10) seem to not even care about 1-6. sounds to me like theyre missing out on the best ones. i have not played 7 but i have played 8 and i was like "omg this sucks". im not gonna judge 7 but i am gonna say 4 and 6 are my faves so far out of 1, 4, 5, 6, and 8

I like 5 as well. My favorite ones are:

2 and 3 (Haven't played these two very much. I guess I should start again. I'm sure there are English versions for them by now.)

Goat said:

i dont know why it was so popular

Because it got a lot of promotion. It was also the first that got released in Europe.

Zoorado said:

Incredible! The character models look extremely badass, especially Cloud, who's almost photorealistic in the close-up shot.

Welcome to 2003.

Xaser said:

Can almost agree with ya there :P
FF8 was just loooooong and boring, same plot over 4 disks.
FF9 just sucked. 'nuff said.
FF10...wow I only played the beggining of the thing and i still didnt like it.
FF6(FF3 here in US) - Probaly the best FF. It wasnt boring, had the BEST magic system, and probaly the best charcters to play as.
------
OMG i just noticed i have a title now...not saying i like it.. =P

The best thing about Mystic quest was the music. I'd probably rank it right below 5.

Zoorado said:

Edit: In fact, I find the new Cloud looking more realistic than any pure CGI character that precedes it. You heard that right: more realistic than Smith in Reloaded, Gollum in The Two Towers, and the buxom Hulk. Go figure. ;)

Err, I would hold off on such comments until you've seen these characters in motion. It may end up looking more real than Gollum or Hulk, and it may not. I'm betting on not, but it should be great none the less:)

heh, yeah. The models can effects can be realistic as hell, but it's the animation that needs the most attention.

I still contend that jurassic park (the original) has some of the best CGI going, just because the animation is superb. With an entire CG film and about six animators on the planet I consider good enough to sell living, breathing creatures as real... well, you can bet the animation will be piss-poor.

And animating people as opposed to creatures, well... you'd be as well slitting your own wrists. We see people every day and every night and the slightest fuck up on the animators’ part will ruin the entire effect.

Argh. Will Square PLEASE stop continuing the stories of the Final Fantasies? Final Fantasy X-2 is going to be the total shit direct sequel to the WORST final fantasy ever made. I don't know what the hell people saw in X. "Let's walk over here." RANDOM ENCOUNTER. Item. New character. Repeat, and you have a gme called "epic." Why people consider walking in a straight line on one screen dungeons while dealing with the most annoying characters yet is "innovative" and "cool" is beyond me. I swear, they need to make final fantasy movies based IN the FF universe of old (i.e. 1, 4, 5, Tactics) with Black Mages and stuff. Tell a new story, and don't rip off one that salready sucks (7-10).

Oh, and anyone who says 7 is the best final fantasy has never played any other final fantasy. It was good, but not the BEST. Play 6, you fanboys! 6's Story = teh win. 7's story = fails it. "Oh, aeris died." Boo friggin hoo. I never used her anyhow.

They need Final Fantasy Mystic Quest ported to the GBA. That would be badass.