Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Seven

New 'multi-player id game'

Look its obvious that this new game is the Quest we all heard about or some variation of it.

Im beting NeverWinter Nights, or the Board game 'Hero Quest' (amazing baord game..best ever!! ) in a FPS style.

A dungeon master..he creates a dungeon and can control everything about it...people join forces (the heros) and play through the Dungeon Masters home built dungeon.

Go play Hero Quest and you will know what I mean

Seven

Why do these RPG games always have to be about giant swords, men with beards and Kobolds ? Someone come up with a more techy or innovative setting please.

Quest wasn't exactly "fantasy" as I recall.

Kobolds, Flathead? That's frigging AD&D gay crap. There are much better and less stereotypical RPG rules out there...

Even id guys play D&D pnp. Best/most imaginative games out there, those rpgs. Fuck game engines..imagination..best engine ever and always will be.

Sanjay Shanbhag

It would suck if you have a sword and meet a damn CyberDemon
but it would be cool in a way.NO gimme some weapons so i can blast them to death

AD&D is far too simple. There are much better P&P rules out there. Not to say more interesting.

AD&D actually has rules that make it very realistic. THe problem is...it makes battles very very long. Cause of all the realism.

We use them all, but most gamers do not. Try them.

I've played over 15 different rpg systems. Some have better standard rules but I find all similar once you use all the optional materials.

Sanjay Shanbhag

I combined Rolemaster Fantasy (yes, I'm a GM) with some new critic tables I created in order to get locational damage.

That makes combat longer, yes indeed. But my focus is on social skills and research when I write the campaigns.

Ever Play Fallout? Great RPG game. you could probably get it for less than $20 nowadays...... I can't think of any other game where you can hose down cannibals with a flamethrower...... and not a sword in sight, either. but there are spears.

Ever Play Fallout? Great RPG game.

Hells yeah! That game has everything...you can gamble, gun down mutant rodents, lead a group of mercenaries against a band of raiders, and even do the nasty!

I havn't actually played much of Fallout 1, but Fallout 2 rules...probably one of the best game series ever made...

Kobolds aren't just for AD&D. An entire villiage of them lived in Suikoden, and you could have Kuromimi and his bro in your party (Suikoden has -way- too many choosable characters.... who to bring to battle?). Let's see... Tecmo's Deception was pretty RPG-ish, mixed with a little FPS, strategy and horror. Use traps to kill or catch enemies (caught ones can eventually be used to create monsters), gain EXP, build up your arsenal of traps, and find the unholy relics to gain power and ultimately ressurect Satan. Deception 2: Kagero sucked. The original is -still- my favorite FPS and RPG....
Oh, and PSO had nothing to do with big swords, kobolds and the like. Sci-fi RPG multiplayer game.... *sighs* a pity Seganet is likely going to die.