Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Hell Knight How?

I've been looking at that pic of the Hell knight fom the front cover of the Doom 3 cover story and there are two things that I asked myself

1) the Hell knight is so tall so why does he look so short next to doom guy. my bet it was edited just for that cover.

2) in the first E3 video near the end, the hell knight ripped your head off and swollowed it whole, but looking at the Hell Kights head next to Doom guy's on that cover. it looks like he would have some serious trouble getting your head through it's teeth. unless he could disslocate his lower jaw like a snake.

Shapeless said:

2) in the first E3 video near the end, the hell knight ripped your head off and swollowed it whole, but looking at the Hell Kights head next to Doom guy's on that cover. it looks like he would have some serious trouble getting your head through it's teeth. unless he could disslocate his lower jaw like a snake.

It ate the head but i don't think it swallowed the head whole. I think, through the 1st person view, the scene just concluded at a disturbing point.

I think it was just crouched down, because the chainsaw zombie is about the size of the marine, and the hellknight is much, much larger. They may have downsized him in the pic to accomadate having both of them. Also in the alpha, I lined up a HK and a zombie, and the HK was almost 3 times its size, if that helps answer your question... is your newfound interest in the HK because you're going to sculpt one? : )

Yes my newfound interest in the Hell Knight is because I started roughing him in already, and I noticed that if he wanted to bite the fat zombies head off (although my sculpt is almost nothing but a head) he wouldn't be able to get the whole thing in his mouth even if he planed on chewing it. may I assume can dislocate his lower jaw like a snake?

ummm, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed the HUGE jump in the hell knight?? I mean, the first one, it was so-so.. but THIS thing?! its a beast! :D me ike tho.. :D

I also thought he looked even bigger in the last e3 video when he was standing behind the chainsaw zombie. Compared to the First video released. But I think he just looked bigger in the last video cause his legs where fully stretched out. he seems to have a natural bend in his legs.

wot im sayin is the doom 2 hell knight, and the new hell knight.. you HAVE to see a difference.. the doom 2 one was just an average thing, pretty mean, but not too severe.. and man sized... a brown goat dude.. this one is HUGE and DOES look like it can bite your head off! In the e3 trailer, they showed it pick up a chainsaw dude, and jsut chuck him into a wall!! Id say thats a bit of a jump there!! :D

dEaThMaStEr said:

What I'm saying is the doom 2 hell knight, and the new hell knight..[/b]I'm waiting for a point, preferably grammatical in some way)[b]( you HAVE to see a difference.. the doom 2 one was just an average thing, pretty mean, but not too severe.. and man sized... a brown goat dude.. this one is HUGE and DOES look like it can bite your head off! In the e3 trailer, they showed it pick up a chainsaw dude, and jsut chuck him into a wall!! Id say thats a bit of a jump there!! :D

OMG, there is a difference!1 Thank u so much D3@tHm25t3r!!1 for pointing out knowledge that without your magnificent insight, I could have never even begun to hope to be privy to. The original Hell Knight was much larger than man sized, and I'm pretty sure, if it was in the mood, could bite your head off. Please, please try to form thoughts that are a little more grammatically correct, your current manner gives me a headache to read. Talking in such a manner in every post you make brands you a newbie, just a few words of advice.

uh huh... so that brown goat man could bite your head off?? oook... Dont know what the hell doom YOU played.. And try actually typing somones name properly not in that stupid form before u accuse somones ways as showing them as a noob..

uh huh... so that brown goat man could bite your head off?? oook... Dont know what the hell doom YOU played..

They're as tough as a dump truck and nearly as big, ffs. Read your Doom Instruction Booklet! (Assuming your not a software pirating newb who wouldn't have one)

A Hell Knight could bite a marine's head right off, in either Doom 2 OR Doom 3.

huh.. never thought so myself... and hell knights weren't even in doom 1... :S

Here we go!!

So, THIS one can bite off the player's head, but not the one that is 4 times his size? Oh, and this is "size of a dump truck"? Hardly..

WoW I never realized how big the Hell Knight from the Original Doom is until I just saw that comparison shot *applause*

But then again your comparing a sprite you only see in Multiplayer with an ingame sprite. Tell me why is it that in that pic, the Doomguys eye level is up to the Hell Knights solarplex, but in the game your face to face with the Barron. When you go walk up to him?

The zombie is the same size as the doomguy when you place both sprites next to each other, but in the game zombies appear to be much much taller. You can measure their hight by where their eyes are at next to the horrizon. My eye level is at the horrizon level from my P.O.V. So if the zombie is the same heigth as me his eye's should be at the horrizon line or at least very close, but they'er not they'er way higher.

I once played an amature made level of Duke 3d, And this guy placed the socond boss (the Giant frog with the shoulder mounted rockets in a room where I could hit the ceiling if I jumpt. Now how could this 2-3 story beast fin in an 8ft tall gym is beyond me?

wow.. its just SOOO been missed what i was saying.. i mean, some ppl here just kinda went off on their own god knows WHAT thing... All i was sayin is, the hell knight made a very big, and cool jump.. THATS ALL!!!! in doom 2, it really was not that strong, and no, it was NOT that big either... This new one though can (obviously) pick up a human and throw him around... All i was saying was its interesting how it made such a jump.. damn... some people just seem to read only what they want, then exaggerate it..

dEaThMaStEr said:

Oh, and this is "size of a dump truck"? Hardly..

Considering that the Marine is probably around 6 feet tall, that means the Hell Knight is about 9 or 10 feet tall.

dEaThMaStEr said:

Oh, and this is "size of a dump truck"? Hardly..

I thought it was "tough as a dumptruck and almost as big" in the manual. Probably just exaggeration anyway to make him look fierce.

Stop toying with newbies, guys. That means: stop trolling newcomers when what they intend to say is obvious.

Awww! But some are just so annoying!
But here: dEaThMaStEr (Is that better?), okay, the HL from D2 is a brown goatman, which everyone can see. Some think that the new HL sucks ass and it resembles that god-awful excuse for creative design from Alien Reserection. Some like the goat thing because it illustratess a more classic representation of demons. The goat-ness and hooves and such. I personally like the new design better myself, but come 1/2 way... he could at least bite 1/2 of the marine's head off right? My only problem with you is not your way to type (which you completely ignored to address in your reply, and which was the sole purpose of my reply), is annoying and juvinille at times. Most would appreciate if you typed like a normal person. Spelling errors and such are forgiven when they are not intentional. This is not AIM. Other than that, welcome to Doomworld and we look forward to the insight you can bring about the game as it progresses. Act like a moron, however, and you will be treated like one. Fair?

EDIT:HL=HK... I must have half-life on the brain...meh

hm... well, now when i type, i DO often get typos.. like "just", i seem to have an incorrectable problem where i say "jsut" or "tlaking" instead of "talking".. :D but for some of my other tihngs, they just are typed in habit.. i'll try to keep it down tho.. :D err, though.. :D No insult intended here either. :D never had anyone who commented on my typing habits though.. :)

Anyhow, with what i said, i WAS pointing out the obvious, and i know this.. that was basically the intent, to just make small conversation on how the hell knight has made quite a jump in size and form.. :D

I appologize then for my comments. With a name such as yours one might suspect that you are a noob spammer, and with the way you typed "wot" for what and such, seemed to confirm these convictions. I, and I'm sure others as well, will appreciate your new found appreciation for proper grammer. But enough kicking the dead horse! I still must disagree with you on the hellknight. Though I like the new one better, I feel that the other one could probably bite the marine's head off, at least if he had the helmet off. ; )

oh yes, perhaps.. i mean, hes got that wicked looking mouth.. however, this new one IS considerably larger.. i mean, while the old one was a bit large now that i look at it, it still could not come close to what that hellknight did in the e3 movie... When i saw him toss that zombie like a pebble, i couldnt beleive that! I mean, the old one could NEVER manage that no matter how hard he tried! :D

Oh, about my name.. its my old name i use for gamming, however it then became my modding alias as well.. And i am NOt a spammer.. ;) Infact, im a pretty "hardcore" modder.. :D ive done it since i was 9 years old, and im now 15.. :D Im a very big frequenter at moddb.com, a VERY big mod site, and inside 3d, as well as quakesrc.org... Most repsect me, then some hate me.. lol! :D

Anyhow, i guess i'll be sticking around here for a timee, so i may as well itroduce myself.. Im 15 years old, male, schitzofrenic (ya, weird i know.. :D) and i live in a little nothing town called Weirton, in a little nothing state called West Virginia.. Ive been modding for 6 years now, only quake, however i now plan to expand my reaches. I am beginning with doom 3 and my dungeon keeper mod.. Btw, excuse the pimp here, but we ARE still recruiting!! :D Well, nothing much anyways.. nice to be here, and greatings to all! ;)

actually i DO hear voices.. usually only one other, then sometimes about 30 or so whispering all at once... also, there is MUCH more to schitzofrenia then wot its made up to be.. you also pull away from people, no longer trust them.. u seek solitude as often as possible, and think they are all plotting against you... the whole world feels like a dream u can never wake up from, and u never get a full grip on wots gonig on... it REALLY sucks.. lol.. u can have different symptoms too.. veries from certain people.. like my special issue with my voices, is they see life as a sin.. we think it is wrong and MUST not exist... :| its like, we see life as soemthing that should not, and CAN not be... :S

anyhow, enough on that... i dont like going on and on about meself likfe that.. if you got a question on it tho, id be glad to answer... but anyhow, back to teh hellknight.. :D Either way on him, i can wait to see it in real action.. :D