• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Hell Knight How?

Funeral Fog said:

BANNED

What's MVW done now? BP

dEaThMaStEr: most doomers here are jokers (myself included by the looks of it). Don't let it get to you. You'll know whenan insult comes your way. Trust me.

hm.. alrighty.. :D btw, to let u all know too, i can be the same myself... like, if i EVER insult or flame someone but attatch "lol" or a smilie or nething, im not being serious.. :D

Oh and, IMHO, its awesome that they made the hell knight a seperate monster instead of a weaker version of the baron.

Yes the New Hell Knight is very tall, but jugding by the cover of PC Gamers coverstory issue, it does not look like he can get the doomguys head in his mouth whole, that's all I'm saying. Im sure he can bite the top of your head and rip it off, but in the first E3 video it showd your view going staight into it's mouth as if he could fit your whole head in it's mouth without chewing on it.

Funeral Fog said:

Oh and, IMHO, its awesome that they made the hell knight a seperate monster instead of a weaker version of the baron.

Do we know anything about the Doom3 Baron of Hell? I don´t think so.

Maybe he is just a stronger version of the Hell Knight :p

Shapeless said:

I'd laugh if the Barron was just a stronger Hell Knight with redish skin lol.

heh. Actually I think that would be pretty cool! :)

I must point out, when the video ends with the mouth closing over your face... how the fuck do you know he ate his entire head? The screen doesn't go black because you're inside the creature's mouth, implying that you can still see (ie. you're still alive), the screen goes black because you're dead.

[sarcasm] If Id released an official statement that the hell-knight did, indeed, get the Doomguy's entire head in it's mouth, disregard the above comment. [sarcasm]

I agree with Scabbed Angel on this one, the hell knight looks and acts completely different, since the original could fire green plasma from his hands (But then again the HK is a poor man's baron, who's easier and weaker).

Maybe ID wanted him to be a more unigue creature (like Funeral Fog said) than a carbon brown copy of the baron, now that he has to get up close to you, like a really big, slow pinky.

Personally i like him and if i walk round a corner and see his face, im not gonna stare and think.. duh i wonder if he can bite my head off. :D

"I must point out, when the video ends with the mouth closing over your face... how the fuck do you know he ate his entire head?."

I don't for sure, but I dought that he only bit you face off.

"The screen doesn't go black because you're inside the creature's mouth, implying that you can still see (ie. you're still alive), the screen goes black because you're dead."

really *smack himself on the head* I thought he was "Officialy" dead when his head got ripped off of it's body. But I guess I wasn't using my head lol.

Shapeless said:
The zombie is the same size as the doomguy when you place both sprites next to each other, but in the game zombies appear to be much much taller. You can measure their hight by where their eyes are at next to the horrizon. My eye level is at the horrizon level from my P.O.V. So if the zombie is the same heigth as me his eye's should be at the horrizon line or at least very close, but they'er not they'er way higher.

They are only slightly over the "horizon" unless you have the status bar on. Certainly not way higher... what engine and resolution are you using to watch the zombies?

Take a look. You can't get closer than that, and the sprites seem well centered as they become distant.

As for the Hell Knight and the Baron of Hell, they've always seemed only somewhat taller than the player; if you press yourself against one the head is still in view. Only the Cyberdemon is really tall, and only about twice as tall as the Player at that.