Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Shakespeare once said Bravery is next to Genius...

Hah, today I came out of the closet to everyone in my town that I'm gay. I decided I'm not hiding anymore, they can all kiss my ass if they don't like it. If anything, its a time to figure out who my real friends are.

Ah. Well, congratulations for having the guts to do that I suppose. So, how'd you go about telling the whole town? One by one, PA announcement :p? But seriously, what's your town like? The area I go to school (sorta like town for me) is pretty diverse every which way, so it probably wouldn't faze anyone. But I'm sure in some places people would get really angry over things like that.

Heh, go right ahead, it's nothing to be ashamed, it's not as though you've got an extra finger or something, it's merely a question of sexual orientation. And if you have any real friends at all, they'll support you and tell those that talk bad about you being gay and stuff to piss off. If not, time to get some new friends.

My town is a small town in midwest Missouri with about a populace of a little over 8,000, filled with rednecks and bigots. Not to mention my county is one of the worst Meth labs in the entire country. So if that doesn't tell you anything, my town is full of rednecks and druggies.

Not to sound rude, but that doesn't sound like a good place to be gay to me. Time to move, my friend :P

Well if the druggies wanna try doin something, bring it. The first thing I hear of it I'll make sure they're locked up for threatening me, I want 'em all locked up anyway.

JavaGuy4230 said:

But I'm sure in some places people would get really angry over things like that.

Yeah, like the area of the city I graduated high school from (Not Dallas)...

now you see, this sort of shit is something I don't think I will ever understand.

What the hell is the point in the whole 'I'm coming out! Clear a path, I'm Gay Gay Gay!" Especially in a redneck town where it's likely to get you beaten into paste.

Maybe you can help me with this melfice, but what exact benefit does 'coming out' confer? What's the big deal? Do you get Gay superpowers when you come out or what?

I can understand telling your friends and your parents, but really, what business is it of everyone else’s? Did they really need to know? In fact, why assume that they even give a toss?

I'm looking for a term here other than 'Drama Queen', but I can't really think of one. Is it just another "Melfice: Centar of teh Univarse!" exercise (and I'd understand it if it were, believe me) or is there something important that I am missing here?

I am so not touching the whole gay issue. However, I live in the Meth capital of the world, so there.

DC

darknation said:

now you see, this sort of shit is something I don't think I will ever understand.

What the hell is the point in the whole 'I'm coming out! Clear a path, I'm Gay Gay Gay!" Especially in a redneck town where it's likely to get you beaten into paste.

Maybe you can help me with this melfice, but what exact benefit does 'coming out' confer? What's the big deal? Do you get Gay superpowers when you come out or what?

I can understand telling your friends and your parents, but really, what business is it of everyone else’s? Did they really need to know? In fact, why assume that they even give a toss?

I'm looking for a term here other than 'Drama Queen', but I can't really think of one. Is it just another "Melfice: Centar of teh Univarse!" exercise (and I'd understand it if it were, believe me) or is there something important that I am missing here?

it's about not having to hide it anymore. not only do gay people have to pretend that they aren't attracted to other men, a lot of the time they actually have to pretend that they're straight so that people won't know they're gay.

once everyone knows you're gay, you don't have to worry about hiding it or even faking hetero behavior.

letting everyone in a backwards town of 8,000 know you're gay, despite the fact that they'll hate you for it, is pretty brave. it's not about "look at me, i'm gay!" it's about "i'm not straight, you can look if you want"

We all know Melfice is gay. I know a happy guy when I see one. ;)

Of course, we all know that he's also a homosexual, and I have no problem with that. :P
And, yes, I'm a heterosexual. :P

Ultraviolet said:

Has Nanami shown us confirming pictures of her gender yet? :P

Technically no, but some of us have faith.

DC

Ultraviolet said:

Has Nanami shown us confirming pictures of her gender yet? :P

Well then if she's not, then Pritch has a lot to explanin for. :P

mewse said:

it's about not having to hide it anymore. not only do gay people have to pretend that they aren't attracted to other men, a lot of the time they actually have to pretend that they're straight so that people won't know they're gay.

but behaving naturally is different than announcing his sexual orientation to an entire town. i don't understand why until he made this announcement, he was apparently forced to pretend he was straight.

Its not that I "announced" it, its just that I'm willing to come out and say so whenever I want. If someone says something that offends me, I'll let them know.

Monkey monkey, i've got a fire in my trousers!!

I can't put fires out through a computer and the internet though :(

Melfice said:

Hah, today I came out of the closet to everyone in my town that I'm gay. I decided I'm not hiding anymore, they can all kiss my ass if they don't like it. If anything, its a time to figure out who my real friends are.

yes it is good to admit and accept who u are. one, it should be accepted in modern society. hell in past times and civilizations it was ok and common.

In time america will change to allow it. Hell it should have changed 20 years ago.

Speaking of insert, I think it's good you came out, because I don't have any predjudices against anyone. Unfortuanantly, many people I'm forced to be around do. However, it does sound slightly dangerous, if everyone around is like you said.

Well, its been 2 days.

Thusfar I haven't had any problems. My friends who were my friends before are still my friends. The degree that it bothers that that I'm gay, I'm not sure of, but a few of them just told me it didn't bother them.

Good to know that your friends didn't drop you or anything. Good luck and go find a goodlooking dude. I heard Tobester is gay too by the way, you should PM him.