Sephiroth

atari, nintendo and sega

Atari, nintendo and sega  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Atari, nintendo and sega

• Atari
    • Nintendo
    • sega
    • I am a noob (N64, PS1/2, X-Box, dreamcast)
    • no consoles, computers
    • computer

well i grew up with all 3

the arati 2600 and 5200 being favorites well into the 1990's, gameboy and sega genisis.

i still own all those system, with the exception of that original gameboy. anyways i just got out and decided to play my atari 5200, sadly i need a new inverter box (actually i will just make one) the 5200 only has 4 games but i have over 250 for the 2600. i have ordered the adapeter that allows u to play 2600 games on the 5200

so which ones did u grow up with?

stories?

Where's other? I grew up with a Colecovision.

However, the majority of my gaming nastolgia stems from the old Computer games from Apogee. Cosmo's Comic Adventure, Crystal Caves, Monster Bash, Commnader Keen.

Nintendo Entertiainment System, Sega Genesis, Sega Mega Drive, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, mainly. I played a lot more but these ones I Played a lot. Mostly NES at first but then Genesis and such. I used to have a colecovision in my room and I had Mr.Do, and Venture, for it, but we got rid of it. :( I didn't start getting into computers till late 3rd grade or so.

I suppose the first system I used was the Amstrad CPC 464... ahh the good old days of having to wait for the tapes to load. I've got fond memories of playing Ghostbusters and other games which I can't remember the names of on the Amstrad. My next system was the Atari ST and I have to say it's my all-time favourite gaming system. I've still got a ton of disks for it and I occasionally set it up for a quick blast. Some of my favourite games for the ST include Dungeon Master, Voodoo Nightmare, and god knows how many other classics. Then I got a Sega Master System one Christmas and although it was cool it never really grabbed my attention as much as the ST did. Which is probably why I've always been more of a computer person, less of a console person.

I grew up playing my old 486. Commander Keen used to be my favourite game for years when I first played it.

The only console I ever owned was a megadrive, but I think my brother has had his hands on every mainstream console ever made at one point or another. Barring complete flops like the 3d0 or the jaguar.

Sinclair Spectrum ZX81, Sinclair Spectrum +1, Amstrad Spectrum +2, then on to the PC! So far I've been through everything from a 10mhz 286 to an Athlon XP 1800+ :) I also bought an original Playstation a few years ago, and a PS2 last year.

Nintendo - I played with my brother's NES a lot when I was a kid (More than he did). Sometimes I'd beat the games before he did too, notably with Super Mario Bros. 3.

Computer - I got a second hand Commodore 64 that I used a lot. Lots of great, albeit primative, games with it. The thing eventually broke or else I'd still have it.

Computer - After the Commodore 64 broke I got a 286 PC. I didn't like it quite as well as the Commodore, since the gaming options were more limited (no soundcard, no joystick, had less games for it). Ever since then I've just been getting better PC's when they break. I don't play consoles anymore.

i grew up with a ti-99/4a and a nintendo. although the nintendo was much newer and graphically superior, we ended up just putting it upstairs after a few months of use and went for the ti-99/4a instead. parsec owns j00!

ZX Speccy +2 - First thing I had, great games like Chaos, Lords of Chaos, Spy vs. Spy and the Dizzy series ruled back then.

Megadrive/PC combo - PC gaming was limited, as it was a 386 sx 25 (Lemmings 1/2 and Legend rocked though) and I had to upgrade to 4 meg ram to get my hands on Settlers and (of course) DooM. Still, the megadrive was on hand to make up the shortfall (the Sonic, SOR, Micro Machines and Strike series)

P200 - Finally, a decent machine (at the time). DooM-engine games, Quake 1/2, Duke, proper Worms games plus loads of others.

Duron 700 - 3D accelerated games came in and all the others improved. Until someone fucked up the drivers and left it unable to play anything 3D accelerated without trouble, bar Unreal. Which nearly leaves me back at the previous stage really, except the better speed etc.

VIC-20 and C64. Then I got a Genesis. Shorty after that my normal human life ended.

I grew up with only a C64. Then when I was in about 1st grade we got a blue-grey screened PC, and we've had PCs ever since.

If I'm correct... Atari split into Atari and Atari Games. Atari made the Jaguar and went out of business. Atari Games has gotten along alright and since they're the only Atari around, people just call them Atari.

Heh, the first system my parents ever let me get was a GBC, because they had things against video-games for a while (though I still had a PC). However, at friends houses I grew up on Genesis, SNES, PS1, and old Gameboys and Gameboy Pockets. On PC, I grew up on Doom, Blake Stone, FRAC, Falcon 3.0, and a whole bunch of other games for DOS. My family currently has 2 PCs (XP, 95), 2 laptops (98, Mac OS 9), PS2, 2 GBCs, 1 GBA, and one GBASP.

I've been fortunate enough to grow up with the Atari (not sure which one), the NES and Sega's Megadrive. I didn't own one myself, I played videogames with my friends. I had a Commodore 64 myself, which was awesome too.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Did Infogrames merge with the existing company, buy the rights to the dead company, or what?

Not that it matters much. Except for a few good games they didn't actually make but got the rights to release versions of, Infogrames always sucked. These are bastards are so unoriginal they must just have stuck an extra letter in when Infogames was already taken. Hell, they gave the Euro version of River City Ransom/Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari the ultra generic name, Street Gangs. Now they're pulling an Interact/Performance/STD so people won't immediately disregard their stuff by recognizing of their name.

EDIT: Except they're dragging an old great's name through the mud with them in the process they otherwise have nothing to do with.

Found the old news here. What happened was they acquired the rights to the dead Atari company when they bought Hasbro who owned them. I think Atari Games is completely separate from this bullcrap.

*gasp* No one has mentioned the intellivison! Actually I found this machine one day in our attic, played it for 5 minutes, and never touched it again. Didn't really own many consoles growing up.
My first system I ever played on was a good ol' Atari 2600. Still works, and is at my mom's house. Paddles and controllers included. I played pinball, space invaders, and combat mostly. The first computer I had to play anything on was an IBM Personal Computer 8086. I had some math game and Castles for it, and it had a green/black monochrome screen. We then got the Packard Bell 486 sx/33 whereby I played all sorts of crap games and something called Xargon (great series, a must play!). We finally got a SNES of our own late in the game (the n64 was just out at this time). I still have it, and some of my favorite carts include Uniracers, Yoshi's Island, stunt racer fx and some other ones I can't recall at the moment. It sits at my mom's house now.

Throughout that time tho I did have friends who owned other systems, and we would also rent video game systems from blockbuster. Ah, the days of renting a genesis and Street Fighter II Turbo...

Nowadays I'm a pc person. I'm thinking about purchasing an Xbox, but I don't know. The PC has always had a special place in my heart.

Edit: Oh yeah, almost forgot, for a brief time I owned a PSOne and an N64, but I didn't play them much really, and they were stolen out of my car as I was about to have them pawned. Talk about rotten luck...

My parents never let us have consoles. We had various forms of PC since 1984 though.

Finally they relented in 1996 and got us a Virual Boy. That system is silly. The peripherals are hi-tech but stuck on a crappy computer no more advanced than a GameBoy.

Well, now we have NES, SNES, N64, PS2, Virual Boy, GBC, GBA, and a stack of PCs, and of course the games on my brothere's phone.

I want a Sega Teradrive. It's a cross between a Megadrive and a PC AT.

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=518

o hell yeah, me wants one too!!

all your base is gonna be blarng all throught my house. i wonder it will play roms???