Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

'Half-life 2 source code leaked'

Darkhaven3 said:

I'm absolutely serious. I have the HL2 Beta sitting somewhere on my hard-drive... I want to get this out before THEY come to get me...

What?

If I were you, I'd think very carefully before posting a link to the leaked beta on this forum.

Zell said:

someone over at the steam forums posted this:

think he is right? Discuss :P

I read on several forums that someone, probably the same guy (ANON) threatened to release a pre-gold version today, or on another day in this week. However, I don't understand why he would say that since he previously claimed that all that was released so far, was all that he had. Then again, check out the last line of that post.

You know, I always thought you had to sell 500,000 copies to make it go gold. But whatever.

heh, that guy is so full of shit. he claims that's all there is and says valve should admit they've screwed over customers, then at the end says he'll release everything else if they don't admit it. right...

sounds to me like he has more and will just take an apology from valve in place of releasing it. this guy's just a sack of shit and anyone who believes what he's saying is falling for a trick. he wants to shift the blame over to valve who are not to blame for anything here.

It looks like he's waiting for an excuse, yes. Then again, if you have something like that, wouldn't you like to brag about it and copy the game anyway?

You know, I really have to agree with/believe everything the "anonymous leaker" said. I'm not surprised at all, either.

haah man u mods need to mellow out..i wasnt going to post that link but i saw it on halflife2.net and thre mods were cool with it so i assumed that JOO guys would be too.

sargebaldy said:

heh, that guy is so full of shit. he claims that's all there is and says valve should admit they've screwed over customers, then at the end says he'll release everything else if they don't admit it. right...

sounds to me like he has more and will just take an apology from valve in place of releasing it. this guy's just a sack of shit and anyone who believes what he's saying is falling for a trick. he wants to shift the blame over to valve who are not to blame for anything here.

Read this article : http://csnation.counter-strike.net/comments.php?id=6540

Errr, how exactly do we know that the post was made by the actual hacker himself?

@Livo : Dunno, but some guy at steam said he found that .nfo in the leak package.

This really does suck. Hl2 coulda have been great, and the mod community would have updated rather nicely. But now due to this we might need an NBA(i dunno wtf it is) to get the modding tools, which SUX becuase I had a mod in my head that I planned on using the HL engine. =/ Anyway, most likely he just stole some outdated crap that wasn't anygood, and said it was where they were currently at.
(Which in other words means he is trying to get valve to release HL2 NOW, which it would truely suck right now becuase of some bugs that I have heard of.)
Anyway, If I found how this was I'd shoot him and then set him fire. :P But seriusly, there are people on the steam forums like, "Why didn't they release the tools why they were at it? That would jumpstart the mod community!" Now he just being a fucking moron. If they would have released the tools, then we would have had to wait LONGER, and then any content released would be easliy spottable. SO no, that would just FUCK up the mod the community. =/

Zell said:

..an NBA(i dunno wtf it is)...

You probably mean NDA what stands for Non Disclosure Agreement.

Anyway, most likely he just stole some outdated crap

I do not have the beta or the enginesource, but it does seem that textures, models, sounds, the mod tools and the source are all available. They don't seem like crap to me...

The rest of your post is not understandable.

If i look at the other forums (nvnews, beyond3d, halflife2.net and others) It looks like this leaked stuff provokes some of the most retarted people to enter in all kinds of pointless discussions.

I must honestly admit that if I knew how and where I would download this beta. But I don't.

That comment by the "leaker" seems like BS to me.

ill just remind you that what was leaked is what Valve has, nothing more and nothing less,

He then goes on to say:

I suggest you stop lying to your customers about how much was stolen/compromised, or I'll have to release everything just to prove my point

He's leaked everything that Valve has ever made rgearding HL2 according to him, but if they don't admit it, he'll release...what he has leaked already? :rolleyes:

Livo said:

he'll release...what he has leaked already? :rolleyes:

Or else he releases the pre-gold release, the e3 beta release, some patches, the sourcecode, the complete sourcecode, Counterstrike CZ and the HL2 patch so you can play HL1 with HL2 engine.... It seems that this ANON(YMOUS) guy is pretty busy.

As I read elsewhere, we will probably get a service number we can call if we want more patches released by the hacker.

There's plenty more he could have taken from Valve other than HL2.

CS:CZ, which is going gold this Friday.
Full Steam source code.
Lots of miscellaneous assets, for TF2 and the like.

I could think of quite a lot of things. And FWIW, I agree with what he's saying about Valve.

Arioch said:

Yep, looks like CS:CZ has begun to spread out there in warez-land.

Where do you see that? Newsgroups? Bittorent? I'm not asking for warez, I'm just curious if this is real. If so, then the CS:CZ scene might be in for some serious cheating problems, since that anonymous leaker claimed he had the sourcecode to that game as well. So far he has proved to have spoken the truth.

Disorder said:

Where do you see that? Newsgroups? Bittorent? I'm not asking for warez, I'm just curious if this is real. If so, then the CS:CZ scene might be in for some serious cheating problems, since that anonymous leaker claimed he had the sourcecode to that game as well. So far he has proved to have spoken the truth.

Click the link in my custom title and see the: HL2 Fiasco: Current Status

All I can say is that this sort of thing had better not happen to Doom 3. That leaked "demo" was bad enough as it is without having to worry about some nut holding the whole game hostage.

OK, so apparently the anonomous leaker is going to release a pre-gold version of HL2 within the next 24 hours. Meaning what he said is bullshit:

| To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that |
| THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no |
| such thing as a much better release in Valves network! |

This means that this "pre-gold" version would've been ready to release on September 30th, meaning that the leaker is talking total shit when he says Valve are lying about the release.

zarcyb said:

OK, so apparently the anonomous leaker is going to release a pre-gold version of HL2 within the next 24 hours. Meaning what he said is bullshit:

| To everyone saying this is no Beta: I'd like to point out that |
| THIS is what you wanted Valve to release on 9/30/03, theres no |
| such thing as a much better release in Valves network! |

This means that this "pre-gold" version would've been ready to release on September 30th, meaning that the leaker is talking total shit when he says Valve are lying about the release.

Where did he say it? Only rumors and speculations on "HL2 pre-gold" release.

And so far today we do have a pre-gold release ... of CS:CZ.

If someone leaked the steam code, then there's a chance a _decent_ client could be made.

Where's this hacker posting this crap? Couldn't they get his IP address, contact his ISP and track down his home address and send the fuzz his way? Or am I living in an ideal world where people use common sense?

Trasher][ said:
Where's this hacker posting this crap? Couldn't they get his IP address, contact his ISP and track down his home address and send the fuzz his way?

This being a hacker he would 1) use some IP Masking tool or 2) use a public place to log on to the interweb.

Or am I living in an ideal world where people use common sense?

Commen sense without knowledge is not my idea of an ideal world ;P

Trasher][ said:
Where's this hacker posting this crap? Couldn't they get his IP address, contact his ISP and track down his home address and send the fuzz his way? Or am I living in an ideal world where people use common sense?

in the .nfo files that come with everything he releases.