Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lectrix

Which monster looks the best so far...

Ok i love the doom enemie's new look, very Alien imo...

But i'm finding it hard to decide which looks the best (new or old) or which is the best remade from the original... gimme some comments peeps :D

I don't like the human adaptation of the Lost Soul would have prefered a skull's head on a flying machine.

But i love the Hell Knights extreme resize and musclular body plus looks evil as hell.

Well, the imp looks a hell of a lot better. As do the lost souls and zombies. But the Hell Knight looks the best by far.

The Arch-Vile looks pretty evil as well. But so far I'm most satisfied with the looks of the Bulldemon. I love everything about it. Can't wait to see the Mancubus too.

The pinkie. It looked cool before, Heh "Shave gorilla" but this new one with its pig/eyeless bearsized dog thing is much cooler and a hellava lot more frightening. I think its the scariest creature so far. I wouldn't say it they look alien imp, t hough.

I'm probably alone on this, but I would have preferred it if they had left the creature designs alone and just updated the old monsters to 3d. The revenant is a good example, it's been updated to look less cheesy, but it's still faithful to the original (it's still one of the lamer enemies from Doom2, so I'm not crazy about it). The new monsters don't have enough of a demon vibe to them IMHO. Still, I can see why id chose to do things the way they did, and they've done a good job on the baddies we've seen so far.

DaJuice said:

I'm probably alone on this, but I would have preferred it if they had left the creature designs alone and just updated the old monsters to 3d.

To each his own I guess, but I think that that would look retarded.

Job said:

Which Doom3 monsters don't have screenshots yet?

Baron, spider mastermind, Cybie, manubus, cacodemon. . . hmmn, that can't be all...

dEaThMaStEr said:

i cant wait to see Mr. Caco.. :D

i dont think they did the caco.

But anyway, I really like the demon. It looks so sweet. :D
But...I think my fav is the trite...(thats the spider thing
right?) i just love the tought of head with leg chasing me through vents or outside, etc

Zell said:

i dont think they did the caco.

But anyway, I really like the demon. It looks so sweet. :D
But...I think my fav is the trite...(thats the spider thing
right?) i just love the tought of head with leg chasing me through vents or outside, etc

They did, I might be banned, but in the alpha, in the monsters definition file there is a thing there for the caco, AND the baron, and the maggots and crap.

So caco is for sure coming back, unless there was a last minute decision, but i'd rather wait and see that for myself, along with the rest of the monsters, no more new screenshots kthxdie.

All the monster are cool IMO but I like more the imp for crawling on ceilings and walls and the look of the arch-vile in the mag.

Hell Knight and the arch vile. The hell kinght looks more beast like.
I hope the B.O.H dosnt look any thing like the h.k.. The arch vile looks more hellis and evil. The doom2 vile looked to much like an alien.

The new Doom3 Demon looks totally badass. I'd hate to meet one of those in a dark alley!

Disorder said:

The Arch-Vile looks pretty evil as well. But so far I'm most satisfied with the looks of the Bulldemon. I love everything about it. Can't wait to see the Mancubus too.

Oh yea! The mancubus and the caco are sure to look pretty damn sweeeet! Can't wait to see the Cybie and Mastermind too. But how many new demons will there be?

The return of all the classic monsters except for the pain elemental would make me a very happy man. Missing out one or two (namely the caco, cybie and mastermind) would be disappointing.

My favourite is between the demon (i wonder if it'll come in different flavours not just the cyborg one) and the hellknight.

I like the new Imp design best, feels very impish :) Also the new Pinky is really well designed.
The new monsters we´ve seen so far are great as well, the Cherub baby and the Trites look imaginative and twisted.

I´m not fully satisfied with the Hell Kinight look, it´s a bit too much a generic alien brute, not demonic enough. Also the Archvile looks to alien-like with it´s tail and those tentacle claw things coming out from his chest.

The Revenant looks crappy in that recently released screenshot, but I quite liked it´s appeareance in the E3 movie. He looks just to funny and childish in a way.

from wots been released, i like the trite... also, the cherub.. id say the cherub is the creepest for me... when i saw that thing in the e3 movie, that freaked me out.. :D Cant wait to see one.. but it will be disturbing having to unload a shotgun into a flying baby's head.. :D

I'm probably alone on this, but I would have preferred it if they had left the creature designs alone and just updated the old monsters to 3d. The revenant is a good example, it's been updated to look less cheesy, but it's still faithful to the original.

No, you are not alone.
My sentiments EXACTLY, DaJucice! My sentiments EXACTLY!

Imp-
(*What I don't like) Multiple bug eyes, No spikes sticking out it's body, no dog-like hind-legs.
(*I do like) Leaping, wall crawling, low crouching attacks.

Demon-
(*What I don't like) Bio-mechanicle hind-legs? What this suppose to mean? Is it a demon from hell or is it a "Man-Made" construct that's finally got out it's cage?! It's "Mouth" is not as nearly BIG enough for my taste and no eyes(*I miss those glowing, blinkless, SOULESS staring yellow eyes!!)Which I feel were the two most intimidating features on the demon. BIG MOUTH, those Souless eyes!
(*I do like) Pretty much all of it's upper-body design. I like the new creature mind ya'll. I just prefer it's original 2D form alot more.

Hell Knight-
(*What I don't like) Well pretty much nothing, Everything looks nice, but I do miss the large horns and it's snout-like features from the original. I'd wish it's skin would give off a pinkish steaming glow as if it's been boiling in hot water for all eternity!(LOL)
(*What I do like) Well, everthing! almost.

Arch-Vile-
(*Don't Like) Nothing, but it's head reminds me too much of the "KLEER" monster from Serious Sam.
(*Do Like) Everything! I hope id find a way to make the arch-vile give off that shimmering effect of sulfuric heat, like a desert heat mirrage.

Commander/Commando Zombie-
(*Don't like) Whip-like tenticle arm. Is this All there is to this guy? And why does he have to be a commander/commando because of it? And HEY DAMN IT!! Why he gets to have camo-pants and our DOOM hero doesn't!?(:D)
(*Do Like) whiplike tenticle arm. But is there anything eles?

Lost Soul-
(*Don't like) After seeing those "GHOSTSOULs" in the video preview,(*the entities that attacked the S.Guard) I think the Bio-Mechanicle lost-souls are unessasary.

Trites-
I have conflicting opinions about these creatures, I don't know what to like or dislike about them. I guess I have to see them in action to judge.

Revenant-
(*Don't like) I share most of opinion of DaJuice. However, I'd wish id would redesign it's shoulder rocketpods to look more like a mini-size Standard or FN/FZ Multi-tube rocketpods found on alot on our Attack Helicopers. I think it'll be cool if the revenant would crouch to one knee and bend forward so the rocket pods would point towards whoever it wants to fire at. The rigging of the R.pods would a firing wire from it's shoulders all the way to it's hands with a built-in firing trigger on it's palms. One R. Pod would be for a fast unguided rockets and the other would be a slower heat-seeker. It's in-close attacks would still be the nasty hook punch, but with other attacks like grab you and slam you to the ground and violently stomp at your head. And claw swipes.

UAC Zombies-
(*Don't like) Don't know yet, I've seen only 3 types. standard, mantenance, and Fatboy. I hope to see alot more variations and some females zombies. Even an occasional Supervisor or Executive. Some attack with heavy things lying around and some with firearms.

Baby-Bee-
(*Don't like) Get rid of it, It's looks more pointless than SCARY for the overall atmophere of DOOM.

I have feeling I'm missing something here, but That'all for now...

TSAR,

my fave is the "birdman" one...u know the first monster besides the zombies that we saw? it was walking down a row of pillars. i think that monster looks the most awesome of all the ones ive seen. i hope its still in doom.

I like the Imp and it's new insect nature the best.

I hope they show some screenshots of the Caco at least before they release the game. I'll die going into the game not knowing what it looks like and later have this new designed floating demon lunge at me.

I'd like to see the pain elemental make an enhanced apperance (well all the original monsters really). But the pain elemental i thought was a very clever monster, it spat lost souls out like crazy which annoyed me to feck, but thats why i liked it, quite the challenge when theres loads of em. :D

Plus will there be any anachratron's? id love to see em, but i fear the trites may be replacing them, i hope thats not the case :(

Janderson said:

Do we have a screenie of the 'Cherub baby' thing? I looked and I can't find.:(

This is all I could find. I absolutely love the Cherub:

Lectrix said:

Plus will there be any anachratron's? id love to see em, but i fear the trites may be replacing them, i hope thats not the case :(

Same here. I'd love to see the Arachnotrons return. Why not have both the Trites and the Arachnotrons?

New demons don't look as demonic as their 2d descendants; but I certainly would love to kill them like I did in doom so much. Birdman perhaps is the only demon that looks as demonic and intimidating as the old demons, the rest just look cool.

Birdman is the best by far.

dEaThMaStEr said:

um as far as i know, idont think there is an arachnatron.. thats a concept art of the spider mastermind.. :D

Well...id said they won't show any screenshots of the bosses, so I guess it could very well be an arachnotron.