Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

RTC-3057 Preview

FP ! Props to all logged in trolls !

Finally got it !

Great news. I'm really looking foward for the release. Now we need news about Millenium.

Uh, sargebaldy. This isn't the first doom project to use that shade of blue. I think it was fughdm01.

Green fist = understandable
Green fist with knuckle spikes = silly

Question, if you choose a different player color, will your fist change color accordingly?

Oh and it looks 1337, btw.

I agree, how silly of us to have spikes... really...

Ahem, if I had to punch a demon, I'd go for spikes too.

Vile said:

I agree, how silly of us to have spikes... really...

Ahem, if I had to punch a demon, I'd go for spikes too.

Yep...There's a reason for the spikes.

Shaviro said:

Yep...There's a reason for the spikes.

OMG a Dane!

Bah, Nimrod ripoff...

:p

Nice work Shav.

Now. anyone know how to reach Kurt? dammit he's hiding from me or something.

kristus said:

Now. anyone know how to reach Kurt? dammit he's hiding from me or something.

pretty sure he left the community so umm... email?

... making it the first pwad to have a story integrated within the levels themselves.

what

Those screenshots are truly badass!
All those little details must have cost quite a bit of effort.

As long as they get rid of that annoying, pointless, unsolvable floor puzzle, I'm sold! :]

Damon said:

As long as they get rid of that annoying, pointless, unsolvable floor puzzle, I'm sold! :]

What's that you say? You're dumb? Oh, OK. :P

The solution is on one of the wall consoles earlier in the level.

A rule of gaming: Any game where you have to memorize something you saw on a wall, or write down a combination, is a bad game. Especially in Doom. Geeze, yeah, I'm dumb for missing a pixelated background/atmosphere image on some console somewhere. Guess I was too busy shooting baddies. :p

But yeah, thanks, I'll look for that next time I play through. Now that I know where to look.

Damon said:

Any game where you have to memorize something you saw on a wall, or write down a combination, is a bad game.

DUMB.

However, the puzzle would have been more interesting if there were a few monsters trying to kill you as you try to figure out which direction to enter the combination from.

Damon said:

A rule of gaming: Any game where you have to memorize something you saw on a wall, or write down a combination, is a bad game.

heh. Good thing you aren't making games or doom mods! :P
Your "rule of gaming" sounds extremely boring and uninteresting.

I think the floor puzzle comment is fair enough. I can see how it could annoy some people. I think you just have to make the hints really obvious. And whats obvious to the level designers that have played-tested the level umpteen times is not gonna be obvious to those who haven't. I certainly thought some of the rtc demo puzzles were a bit obscure. Especially trying to work out which direction to start the floor puzzle from...

And what sort of spaceship would have some weird floor puzzle as a password system anyway ? :P

Damon said:
A rule of gaming: Any game where you have to memorize something you saw on a wall, or write down a combination, is a bad game. Especially in Doom. Geeze, yeah, I'm dumb for missing a pixelated background/atmosphere image on some console somewhere. Guess I was too busy shooting baddies. :p

Sounds like you do not like Hexen's "Tomb of Zedek".
Can't even remember three symbols?

Just be thankful it's not Hexen 2's floor puzzle. That one gives new meaning to the word 'annoying'.