Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Job

Two for the Price of One -- US & Israel

1. I don't believe that any 'serious' weapons will be found, since Saddam was probably bluffing to keep other country's from attacking him.
2. Keep building that wall. It's the only way to keep those two groups from killing eachother. Oh, and taking out that camp in Syria was a very dumb move. You can't just violate airspace rules and expect everyone to tolerate it. Now Syria might just as well send a couple of jets to Israel.

Disorder said:

Now Syria might just as well send a couple of jets to Israel.

Wouldn't Israel be the clear "favourite" in an all-out conventional war? Indeed, isn't that the main thing that has deterred invasions of Israel by its neighbours for the last 30 years?

Grazza said:

Wouldn't Israel be the clear "favourite" in an all-out conventional war? Indeed, isn't that the main thing that has deterred invasions of Israel by its neighbours for the last 30 years?

Correct. They have the most powerful, most advanced army in the region.

Correct. They have the most powerful, most advanced army in the region.

Yeah, I wonder why... *cough*US*cough*.

Israel would've perished if a certain superpower hadn't been persuaded by a certain lobby-group.

if there was no oil we wouldnt give 1/21 of a rats red ass about the middle east.

look at africa, i mean war and such goin on there 24/7. all we did was clean a few skulls (friends dad had to go to africa to clean skulls after the genocide in rwanda)

we should say "you, shut the fuck up! if u dont stop we will nuke everything!"

Middle East threads are slowly taking over from music threads as my most loathed ever.

The only solution to the issues in Israel would involve throwing out the extremist Jews and throwing out the extremist Palistinians and those who support them. It will never happen any time soon.

The Ultimate DooMer said:

I thought Arafat fully supported the terrorists - that's why he's done nothing to crack down on them.

Not cracking down on them is no indicator of support for them...in his own words, he was "shocked" to hear what happened to the WTC on 9/11.

the_Danarchist said:

Arafat is the only member of the PLO that actualy wants peace. :/

You're being sarcastic, right?

Disorder said:

You're being sarcastic, right?

No...he's been pushing for peace since the Carter administration. The PLO doesn't back any of those bombings in Israel. Those are done by seperate terrorist organizations whose names escape me for the moment. I'm sure there could be some members of the PLO (and there probably are) that do back them, but Arafat isn't the one who is doing it, nor is he supporting these at all.

Heh, I couldn't resist a hearty laugh when I saw on The Daily Show (with Jon Stewart) that they were making of Rumsfield by saying after a press conference he went outside to join a "give the inspectors more time" protest. It looks like in the end we were wrong . . . Damn. At least Prez Bush said basically the same thing I've been sayin'; that is, he made a tough decision about our security based on the intelligence availible. Which looks to be wrong. Damn, I hate this stuff . . .

Well. Freaky, but, that simply may have been what was thought at the time; new evidence may have surfaced later. Smells fishy to me, though. I'd like to see where those clips came from though, just out of curiosity. Theoretically, there is software that remaps lips to make the words you want teh person to say, and there could be voice syntesizing software, which is why wanna see where it came from. There are fanatics out there. Seems unlikely, though. Oh well, that's politics for you.

Flashback
Ariel speaks, Bush obeys. Is this what you surrender half of your life's earnings as taxes for? To be slaves of a government that is a slave of a foreign power? What is the price you place in the life of your children? How much is it worth to you to buy your assent to send your children to death or crippling injury? Those congressmen who favour war on Ariel Sharon's enemies for Ariel Sharon's benefit and at Ariel Sharon's command have long ago decided that the lives of your children are cheap, and easily spent in barter for the thirty pieces of silver handed out by AIPAC. Ariel Sharon wants war, but he wants YOUR children to fight it, and by hook and by crook he has the co-operation of the US Government and the US media in sending your children to fight and die in his war. And when your child comes back home, lifeless, you will have nobody to blame but yourself for knowing what was happening, and doing nothing to stop it.

Oh, prove it's not true (like it says anything special anyway)... I like how people constantly police forums when they see "conspiracies" (behind the scenes diplomacy and politics speculations) when in fact that's exactly how high-level decision-making takes place in many delicate matters. I mean, take for instance the other article fodders linked, with that theory implicating zionism in the 911 incident; you might easily be able to detect excess zeal to prove that point in the article, and the point may seem baised in relation to the complexity of world affairs, but who wouldn't notice the amount of relevant questions the article raises in relation to "official" media statements, which as equally biased and often much less informative (or more filtered)?

Don't be afraid, you don't have to believe what people with an obvious bias say, but if you have nothing to add or nothing to refute why give away that all you can do is be afraid to read the article or into the subject the article deals with outside of the mass media standards of acceptability?

A French-language Israeli newssite is reporting Yasser Arafat, leader of the Palestinian Authority, may have died of a heart attack.

The report is based on the Guysen Israel News' sources and is ''unconfirmed.''

Well, fodders, regarding your zealous statement, I'm simply gonna laugh, tell you to stop trying to be the world police, and then keep on laughing. And hopefully you'll see the irony. Then I might post something significant tomorrow.