Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BattleCat

DooM textures in Worldcraft/Hammer Editor ?

I've seen some hi resolution doom scenes rendered as pics (wallpapers etc.) made in 3d max and the likes. I've been wanting to try and do this, but I don't have 3d max, and Hammer Editor is the tool I'm most comfortable with. The problem is that HE doesn't allow the use of DooM wads, so does anyone have any suggestions ? like, another program than HE to use, a conversion program, or anything...

Use wintex or any other wad resource manager and extract the textures as bmp. From there, you'll be able to convert them into any image format suitable for this Hammer Editor (using an image processing proggy like psp).

Just notice that the most of the (wall) textures in doom is 128x128 and the normal ones in HL is 256x256. SO you can't past them into a hl wad or else they will look shitty. :)

Well, Worldcraft needs the files to be in either a pak file or a wad3 file, so I'll have to find some way of putting these textures into a pak file..which shouldn't be that hard....oh well *shrugs*

EvisceratoR said:

Well, Worldcraft needs the files to be in either a pak file or a wad3 file, so I'll have to find some way of putting these textures into a pak file..which shouldn't be that hard....oh well *shrugs*

Use wally. It makes HL texture packs :D