Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lokisrealm

I Need A Cornstalk

I need a cornstalk.

Somehow someway its the only way to make my game work, and my life depends on it. i might die if i don't have one. no game=no future. name your price if there is one.

Sprites are ok
MD2 is greatly appreciated

coy_static@yahoo.com

I wonder, why do you come to a doom forum for that stuff? Heh.

lol, what do you need this for?

What's your poly limit? If I get time I'll do one for ya tomorrow.

DaniJ said:

lol, what do you need this for?

What's your poly limit? If I get time I'll do one for ya tomorrow.

Why thank you. would you like anything in return? This is exactly what i need for the last level i don't have....level 1 haha

If I see another cornstalk, I'm going to scream and commit bloody genocide. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Nevermind though. Don't let that stop you.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of game are you doing that would require a sprite or md2 version of a cornstalk? A farm simulator, maybe? ;)

well its a game where you just wake up with amnesia and have to figure out the plot itself. but the first level starts in the woods, then goes to a house where you find a letter on the coffee table. the tv is offstation and there's armies outside killing each other. outside of the house is a long country road and you must find the dock. but its locked and the key is hidden in a cornfield maze that the neighborhood kids have made. further out you stumble upon a huge obvious crop circle. the first chapter of the game takes place on an island just offshore that was invaded, and the other 5 chapters take place on the foreign planet Triax. ive got 50 pages of written plot finally. and after its made in doom i'm going to make it in genesis3d or quake, which is why i would have rather had an md2 model. but the cornfield maze will hopefully be set up so that deathmatch in it would kick ass. I got the idea from messing around army style with my little brother in the cornfields out here in the middle of nowhere. A cornfield maze would make a goofy side-deathmatch portion and requiring it so that the player ended in a crop circle would go along with the story about alien possession and spirits, or at least the alien part. this project is my excuse for being able to go to game design classes.

----
Gokuma - If I see another cornstalk, I'm going to scream and commit bloody genocide. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Nevermind though. Don't let that stop you.
----
is it trendy yet? >:-( or do you live out in the shitholes of indiana too?

i was just screwing around about that no future stuff. big dramatic soap opera moment. i thought i'd get no replies anyway. i stand corrected :D

hey does anyone want to work on this project too? i'm getting a domain for it in december. first its a doom project, then its a later engine if i find the right converters that are actually compatible with their target map type. The doom to quake converter i found is about as useless as using a banana to defend against a robber or something. but if get it just right when he's not looking, you can at least shove it up his bum. i really don't know why you'd want to, or why i'm typing this for that matter.

lokisrealm, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Seriously though, nobody's going to want to help until you at least show us what you've done so far, so people know they're not getting into something that's not going to be finished. For example, we need a lot of help with ZooM, but we're going to wait until after we release the demo (which is soon) to ask.

that's understood. I've been working on and off on it since 1995 though, trying to make something worth getting into, the levels are huge and need to be even bigger if possible. the only problem i'm running into is i asked the guy that wrote the doomsday engine if ACS scripting will be allowed in doom like in zdoom, he said yes, in the 1.18 release (i think those are the numbers) and when he recently released his plans for 1.18 it didn't mention acs anywhere. i'm basically needing a port that does acs scripting with text and music or any scripting that handles those for that matter, is compatible with mp3 music, lets you have a storyline screen before and after each level, allows md2 modelling, and has hi-res textures that can be loaded from pngs. right now there's a mess of stuff on http://dldomain.com/Jerry/absinthe but for some reason today the screenshots won't load. i can send anyone a cd of whats going on so far if they want to test it. its a landfill right now of tests.

I'm a couple states east of you but there's cornstalks within a mile whether I'm at home or at college, especially at college. There's endless fields a little ways out there.