Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Macro11_1

Error S_MISSLE: NO DEST

Error S_MISSLE: NO DEST

thats what i get every time i play my map on legacy, its a map that uses the boss shooter thing, and i was wondering why this error is ocuring (as in if it was me or legacy or the map...), and if there was anything i can do about it, plz help.

You probably forgot to add the Boss spawn destination Things. Open up map30 in your editor to see what I mean.

Make certain that the single player flag, as well as all the skill level flags, are checked.

In ZDoom you can put a spawner with no targets and it still works. It'll just talk and then not do anything. Great for an Icon of Sin that doesn't actually spawn really annoying monsters everywhere.

The last level of Plutonia has two spawners in coop, so yes.

Be warned that people find the icon of sin annoying in the first place, so two spawners would probably be even more annoying.

Nanami said:

Be warned that people find the icon of sin annoying in the first place, so two spawners would probably be even more annoying.

What if one spawner was deploying ammo? ;)

uhh, ya, i found out that its an error with legacy, its when theres re-spawn items on, i pick somthing up its ok, but later(or rather sooner) i pick somthing up and it crashes.... so, what now....

Unless it's a Legacy specific level, try playing it with another port, such as PrBoom or ZDoom. That may solve your problems. Otherwise, make sure you have the latest version of Legacy.

Nanami said:

Well I'm going to have the spawn spots strategically placed (on top of crates, buildings and such) so they don't get in your way often.

I don't suppose there's any way to make one spawner send to only some specific spawn spots (so the one on the left could send to the left side for instance)?

netnomad312 said:

I haven't even TRIED one of those setups yet, but I have an idea for one that has two spawners... can I do that?

Yes...Perdition's Gate was able to do it, and that was made back in the Vanilla DOOM 2 days, heh.

netnomad312 said:

I don't suppose there's any way to make one spawner send to only some specific spawn spots (so the one on the left could send to the left side for instance)?

I think the spawners follow a pattern, sending cubes in the order that the spawnspots were placed, so if you alternate left/right it should spawn them like what you want.

if i recall, don't some of the levels of 1337 have a goddamn trillion spawners?