Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sirjuddington

Redemption Released

So today (being the 9th) is my 18th birthday. Hooray for me. But that isn't the point of this post.

To celebrate, I've finally finished and released my Doom Redemption project. Basically it's a single Ultimate Doom episode that emulates the designs and atmospheres of the four episodes of Doom. It is also for ZDoom, so that I could use some nice mod music, which are all tracked by me.

Anyway, I was going to update my site about it but Web1000 wont let me login to my ftp account. So I'll just post the link to it here:

http://earth.prohosting.com/~slyrh/files/redemption.zip

Anyway, download, play and enjoy.

Happy birthday! Not too often does the public get a gift from the birthday person. I'll download this now and try it out tomorrow.

Here's the E1M3 HOM, taken with 1.17c (maybe it appears only on older engine versions, you recommended using the latest.)

Hmm, very strange. The copy I have here works perfectly (in fact thats not even a texture there, its supposed to be a window). Maybe it was corrupted somehow during upload. I'll try downloading it and see...

EDIT: OK, it seems it only happens with older versions of ZDoom. I think it has to do with the nodes (later versions of ZDoom automatically rebuild nodes upon loading). But upon rebuilding the nodes and testing it in ZDoom v1.22, it still has problems. So all I can do is reccomend ZDoom 2.0.47i, which is what I use...

EDIT EDIT: Whee, found the problem. Seems the lines in question were not set to 2 sided for some reason. I'm pretty sure they were before, or else I would have noticed the problem with the older versions of ZDoom. Anyway, I'll reupload a fixed version now.

myk said:

Here's the E1M3 HOM, taken with 1.17c (maybe it appears only on older engine versions, you recommended using the latest.)

Who uses 1.17c anyway? And Slayer, if you had used ZDBSP ^_^ the error would not have been noticed either, in any versions ;)

Hirogen2 said:

Who uses 1.17c anyway? And Slayer, if you had used ZDBSP ^_^ the error would not have been noticed either, in any versions ;)

Heh, I tried ZDBSP actually, and it didnt fix the problem (in v1.22 anyway). Then again, that was ZDoomGL 0.66.2 :P

Hmmm....it's not so bad, I rather like it actually. However, there are still the glaring HOM errors in E1M3 and E1M8, heh. :(

Hirogen2 said:

I use it for vanilla play.

It's already been explained that the HOM will appear regardless of the ZDoom version you're using. Plus SlayeR kindly provided a link to the fixed version a few posts ago.

great wad. my only complaints are a couple y-misalignments in e1m7, the misspelling of the word 'relief' in the final message, that it requires zdoom despite using very few zdoom features, and the fact that the cyberdemon that replaces a baron in e1m2 for coop can never hit you because of all the posts nearby :P i think i played most of this back in january or something though actually :P anyway, a job well done :)

sargebaldy said:

. . . and the fact that the cyberdemon that replaces a baron in e1m2 for coop can never hit you because of all the posts nearby :P

Funny, I don't remember that stopping you from exploding several times.

Heh, come to think of it I meant to add more enemies in for Co-Op. All I got around to adding was that Cyberdemon (and thats only because originally it was there in UV, which was a stupid idea :P)

sargebaldy said:

i just uh.. got in the line of fire on purpose for more of a challenge :P

I'm sensing a lie...

I was just going to ask on forum. Are there any Doom 1 MegaWADS worth attention (I mean without errors, nicely detailed) which are still held in Doom setting/theme ?

I mean any others than Redemption...

Mhhm... I got Impressed by Redemption and 2002 odyssey. I just switched my current project from Doom 2 to the Ultimate Doom, since I've decided I won't be using D2 things anyways... I'll release the first episode soon...