Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Do You, uh, Doom 3?

Saw on the forums again that there's a new article on Doom 3 over at Yahoo! Games. There isn't any new information in the article (though there is a bunch of misinformation), nor any quotes or anything that you don't already know. There is, however, a (new?) screenshot I haven't seen before of the Hell Knight. Of course, being the nice guy I am, I've mirrored it here on DW. Enjoy! Thanks to Disorder for finding the article.

Yahoo! said:

Even simple features like strafing aren't included.

Um... WTF? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that total bullshit? Why would they make something like that up?

Gah stupid Yahoo. Stupid article.

EDIT: Oh yeah and don't forget the "real-time physics engine" which "creates dynamic lighting"!!!!!!111

1996...I'm pretty sure computers had MUCH better capabilities than what DOOM could render in that year. Then again, it IS Yahoo!, a cesspool for AOL rejects.

I wonder what Carmack will have to say about that article once he reads it.

Even simple features like strafing aren't included.

Oh gn0!!! Say it ain't so. Wow, these guys really did their research. I'm constantly amazed by the boundless stupidity some people possess. Really, that is quite a gift.

AgentSpork said:

All this Doom3 news is starting to bother me.

hit display options on the main page and change the focus to 'classic doom'. that's what i do but unfortunately the cookie seems to disappear every week or so and i have to reset it -_-

BBG said:

Because it's the name for it?

He's got a point, where did the name hellknight come from for this pic, as it doesn't resemble the original one.

Jon said:

He's got a point, where did the name hellknight come from for this pic, as it doesn't resemble the original one.

Last I checked, I don't think any of the monsters in this game resemble their 1993-94 counterparts, save maybe the Revenant.

BBG said:

Cool shot, but the info could have been more um...accurate. Props to all logged in Disorders!

Yahoo! :)

sargebaldy said:

hit display options on the main page and change the focus to 'classic doom'. that's what i do but unfortunately the cookie seems to disappear every week or so and i have to reset it -_-

Because you use a shit-for-browser, likely. I haven't ever had to reset that cookie. Not even on Firebird.

Arioch said:

Because you use a shit-for-browser, likely.

no, i sure as hell don't use IE. i use netscape 7.1.. not sure what's going on with it.

yay, you're one of those people who holds grudges against things just because it's popular to! let me guess, you also hate macs without having ever touched one, daikatana without ever having played it, and frog legs without ever having tasted them. try being more open minded about things rather than just play to the crowd.

you do realize netscape 7.1 is basically mozilla 1.4 don't you? except i've actually found it somewhat more stable, which is why i use it instead. or if there is something so hideously bad about netscape, please bring it to my attention, i'm curious to know whether you have some sort of valid reason or just think it's cool to hate something because it feels like the popular thing to do.

Python_Junkie said:

Last I checked, I don't think any of the monsters in this game resemble their 1993-94 counterparts, save maybe the Revenant.

Well. The commando zombies kinda look like their old counterparts. Not a lot, though.

The Imp has the same colour + the same basic shape.

The Demon has kinda the same colour + if you cut off the hind legs it looks like the old one (except mouth and head region)

The Lost Soul...is that the cyborg one or the actual lost soul? Neither have horns, but they both look a lot like their old counterparts.

The Hell-Knight Looks absolutely nothing like the old one except perhaps the colour of its upper body skin.

The Revenant looks pretty much the same, but cooler.

The Arch-Vile looks less alien-like and sports a darker brownish colour.

Birdman (Baron of Hell?) looks like the BoH somehow. He has hooves and horns. Doesn't look like a goat, though.

The Arachnotron(?) Looks a lot like the old one, just 1 billion times cooler.

So yeah. They don't all look 100% like their old versions, but they aren't completely off either.

Birdman? New Arachnotrons? Haven't seen nor heard anything abou them...

/me heads on over to the DOOM 3 screenies section

sargebaldy said:

yay, you're one of those people who holds grudges against things just because it's popular to! let me guess, you also hate macs without having ever touched one, daikatana without ever having played it, and frog legs without ever having tasted them. try being more open minded about things rather than just play to the crowd.

Egads! Wasn't that one of the many things I bitched and moaned about during my Cren days? *sigh*...Why did it take until after I had been banned for someone else to find this out? ;)

Uhhh, I didn't mean to start anything with that, BTW.

But you can't leave without your buddy Superfly!

I happen to like frog legs.

I had to use a Mac for about an entire summer, then quite a few years later I was paid to do translations on an Avid system through a Mac. So I hate them with a passion for good reason.

Julian said:

Tasty.

Indeed, it's all in the chef. Got a good one, get good food; no matter what he's making it out of.

Python_Junkie said:

/me heads on over to the DOOM 3 screenies sectionEgads! Wasn't that one of the many things I bitched and moaned about during my Cren days? *sigh*...Why did it take until after I had been banned for someone else to find this out? ;)

Are, so you're finally admitting it's you now? Heh, well it's about time.