Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

Melt Banana

Well, I discovered that Melt Banana is playing here in Denmark on Thursday and I have heard that they should be quite awesome.

I have some questions however. While it is clear that I am going to see them myself I don't know whether to bring my girlfriend along or not.

I'd like some info. What kind of genre do they play?

i think if they are so good a better name would be used. melt banana?

why not sasage cow, or cat hot dog. mink surprise?

Sephiroth said:

i think if they are so good a better name would be used. melt banana?

why not sasage cow, or cat hot dog. mink surprise?

Odd thing is I dunno if you're joking.

Anyway, of course take your girlfriend. She'll only resent it if you don't, I find.

Oh, but the problem is whether she will like the music or run away screaming. I don't wanna miss the concert just because my GF is nagging me to go home.

She's not into punk.

I have never heard of them, but according to one description, they are apparently a percussive punk band.

If you wanted some insights beyond what can be found from a quick Google search, ignore this post.

If in doubt, take some ear-plugs with you.

i've heard of them before. but only because mantra/jon^c/idioglossia/asshole mentioned them one time on IRC. they seem to be a japanese noise rock band.

sargebaldy said:

mantra/jon^c/idioglossia/asshole

haha, that explains it. I wondered who that jerkoff was. thanks baldy!

yeah. japanese noise rock. i prefer the boredoms as far as japanese noise rock goes, but i wouldn't mind seeing them. i'd bring the lady.

melt banana??

i tried melting one in the mocrowave but it just exploded. honestly that name is gonna stick with me. i mean it is the wierdest, oddest and most confuseing name ever.

Sephiroth said:

melt banana??

i tried melting one in the mocrowave but it just exploded. honestly that name is gonna stick with me. i mean it is the wierdest, oddest and most confuseing name ever.

What do you expect, they're Japanese. The same nation that came up with "I Me My Strawberry Eggs".

Not that I'm trying to be racist or anything.

i dunno about most confusing name ever. how many bands really have normal names anyway? i mean, pearl jam? radiohead? stone temple pilots? wtf kind of names are those?

and that's not to name more obscure bands names, such as Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia, Porcupine Tree, Desert Hearts, etc.

sargebaldy said:

i dunno about most confusing name ever. how many bands really have normal names anyway? i mean, pearl jam? radiohead? stone temple pilots? wtf kind of names are those?

Ones that are supposed to sound cool, I suppose, just like "Melt Banana" is probably supposed to sound cool, if you're Japanese.

A quick trip to engrish.com says:

English is used as a design element in Japanese products and advertising to give them a modern look and feel (or just to "look cool"). There is often no attempt to try to get it right, nor do the vast majority of the Japanese population (= consumers) ever attempt to read the English design element in question (the girl wearing the “Spread Beaver” shirt for example, had no idea what it said until a foreigner pointed it out to her). There is therefore less emphasis on spell checking and grammatical accuracy (note: the same can be said for the addition of Japanese or Chinese characters to hats, shirts and tattoos found in the US or Europe).

Draconio said:

What do you expect, they're Japanese. The same nation that came up with "I Me My Strawberry Eggs".

Not that I'm trying to be racist or anything.

Engrish r0><0rz

Draconio said:

Ones that are supposed to sound cool, I suppose, just like "Melt Banana" is probably supposed to sound cool, if you're Japanese.

As far as I am informed, Melt Banana is not overly concerned with being "cool".

Little Faith said:

As far as I am informed, Melt Banana is not overly concerned with being "cool".

being a punk band, one would suppose that they are not, and with a name like that....its pretty safe to say that 'cool' probably does not rate very highly on the agenda.

Well, if you want the impression it gives me, "Melt Banana" sounds like something you would title a hentai flick. Yeah, I need to pull my mind out of the gutter =P

Which reminds me...doesn't "Golden Canopy" sound dirty? Like something that has to do with water sports.