Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pbldcttr

b&w pallete

made the pallete, it all look great on inkworks, but when i saved it as a wad, it just looks like regular doom. i did everything it says to do.

is there another program to edit palletes and stuff? agh. i want my doomy in b&w :(

Did you try loading the wad with doom?

Also, make sure you actually saved it in inkworks. (export to wad)

ok. this is what i did. took a screenshot from the game, then opened it on inkworks, then got the invunerability effect, reversed the it so it would look b&w and then i exported it as a wad, loaded it in zdoom and nothing happened.

:(

yeah. did that. actually, i did it twice again from scratch (the whole pallete that is). nothing happens!! agh. i dont think im missing something... i could send you the wad if you want so you can take a look at it?

Check the wad. There should be two lumps there called COLORMAP and PLAYPAL.

Sounds like all you may have done is edited the colormap rather than playpal. More, it sounds like you may have only edited the part of the colormap that affects the invulnerability effect.

Anyway, Zdoom does not use all of the colormap in the way that doom did. I know it definitely ignores changes to the invulnerability colormap (I think because Zdoom generates its own). First try loading your WAD into another port and see what you get.

I made a B/W palette in DeePSea, and a similar one with a slight yellowy brown tinge to look a bit like sepia. So I can play the game like a 1920s or 1950s movie (and they work fine in Zdoom). :-)

XWE also allows palette editing.

Edit: OK, in case it helps, I've just put my 2 files up on this site:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Enjay001/

Second last file at the bottom of the page.

opened the wad with doom95 (me has winxp) and well, it worked but it still doesnt work with zdoom, so i guess i'll do it with deepsea just to see if it works or whatever... hehe.

thank for your help dudes! hehe. will post screenies of the level sometime soon. :)

p.s - enjay, gonna check out hte sepia one.. hehe, sounds funky.

p.p.s - fuck it, gonna use enjay's b&w pallete. nothing works for me anymore, only opium. :)

hey, its me! :)

anyway.. screenies. not in b&w since i havent added the pallete yet. the level is just a regular base map. its old and has parts from old levels i never finished, and some areas were made by tobias münch (http://tobisite.tripod.com). hehe. anyway. i wanna make it into b&w because ever since i started mapping i wanted to have a map in b&w.

anyway. ignore the other screenshots, those are from some music videos i made for a friend. :)

http://www.geocities.com/bondageforme2003/images.htm

again, thanks for the help everyone! me is happy.

thats it

Oh good, more talk about palette editing, just what I need!

OK, so...what tutorial should I look at to start learning how to edit the color palette and use it in a wad?

i have no idea. i just read the text files it came with the program... didnt work like it was suppose to (even though i did everything it said i should do) so yeah... dochism.