Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Electro

Shh... I sneaked this in here...

Awww :( Well, I can't resize it anyway but I want people to see then to do all that HUGE WORK of click on ONE more little link to see my AWESOME screenshot ;)

Plus, it is awesome, isn't it?

Well, what I can see of it. My monitor here has the brightness and contrast turned all the way up, and it's still too dark (I blame the monitor, heheh).

Big blurry lump of grey/brown with a few crates and plenty of dead bodies. So I can't really tell about your mapmaking skills, but you certainly suck at taking screenshots to promote your work.

Ok, after looking at it on this monitor at home, I can clearly see it all now. It looks good, except for the blurriness associated with converting pictures to .jpg format.

only ie converts txt files into an image, and i'm not going to bother saving and converting. as i've said before, you can make it a redirect instead using

<html>                                              
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0; URL=http://www.inserwackyimagelinkhere.cx">
</html>
otherwise don't expect people using real browsers to bother looking.

Ichor said:

It looks good, except for the blurriness associated with converting pictures to .jpg format.

Yes, when converting to jpeg it makes sense to experiment with varying degrees of compression (obviously, less compression means a bigger file). In this case, the compression was clearly too great. If your image manipulation program doesn't allow you to choose the compression, dump it and switch to one that does.

pritch said:

works fine for me.. in IE6 Sarge

yeah because IE has a stupid feature that converts text files to images.. how i see it txt file should always be seen as text, since that's what they're supposed to be.

Not bad, I especially like the

(‚i€RQE
dP¨¦ƒN ŽÔQÚ€u ŠZ

and also the

(¢Š¢Š(¢Š(¢Š(
ÖŠZÖŠZÖŠZÖŠZ

parts

What do I use to edit? I use Deepsea v11.66, its a really old copy of it but I like it. :)

Epyo said:

Not bad, I especially like the

(‚i€RQE
dP¨¦ƒN ŽÔQÚ€u ŠZ

and also the

(¢Š¢Š(¢Š(¢Š(
ÖŠZÖŠZÖŠZÖŠZ

parts

Me too. I'm using Mozilla Firebird and that's what I get as well.
EDIT: I took a look in Internet Explorer (5.0 btw), and uh, it doesn't look like much to me at all. All I see is a bunch of dead marines and blackness.

why in the holy fuck is it called MHMF.txt?!

why didnt u leave as jpeg or png?

why would u do something like that? i had to save the thing and change the extension to see it.

sorry for the attitude but it is just wierd. if u post screenshots post them as net friendly. not as wierd shit. i know it dont really matter in unix/linux/MAC platforms but it does to some programs on them (like mozilla, netscape, konqueor and opera)

Sephiroth said:

why in the holy fuck is it called MHMF.txt?!

why didnt u leave as jpeg or png?

why would u do something like that? i had to save the thing and change the extension to see it.

Hosts prohibiting direct image linking.

which still isn't an excuse.. since a good 15% of the community uses a browser that isn't IE, and it's perfectly easy to get around with HTML.

Complaining that something only works in IE is like complaining something only works in Windows. If you really want to be "alternative" (perhaps "geeky" is a better word? :P), you've got to learn to live with the consequences :)

You never even asked me if you could post that stuff. It's your map yes, but if its for Hellmouth, you could have asked me.

See you in MSN lad...

Lord FlatHead said:

Big blurry lump of grey/brown with a few crates and plenty of dead bodies. So I can't really tell about your mapmaking skills, but you certainly suck at taking screenshots to promote your work.

Thanks for pointing out the reason why I need to be consulted when it comes to promotions, because this kinda thing really turds the whole image out; using poor quality, badly viewed screenshots in a thread bragging for attention is not what I want my team portraying.

NiGHTMARE said:

Complaining that something only works in IE is like complaining something only works in Windows. If you really want to be "alternative" (perhaps "geeky" is a better word? :P), you've got to learn to live with the consequences :)

well i'm not complaining i can't see it, i just think that he would want as large an audience as possible. putting it up as a text file 15% less people can see it, which i would say is a fairly significant chunk, especially when there is a simple solution to avoid it (that i posted).

anyway i would hardly call netscape an 'alternative' browser since it's been around far longer than IE and was the dominant browser until microsoft realized all they have to do is bundle IE in windows and people will be too lazy to download something better. i think it's sad people would use something because it's 'the norm' and it's only that because it's more convenient, not because it's better.

Enough! I only changed it to a txt because I used the [img] coding (before it was changed...) because geocities wouldn't allow HotLinking! ;)

Also sorry that I made the jpeg poor quality, but I didn't want the image to take 2 hours to load.