Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mickgr

Pink Demon

Here's my interpretation of the pink demon. Took about two hours. Got in from work a short time ago, lay on my bed with some tunes playing and thought, why not? Grabbed my pencils and pad and started scribbling away and this is the result. Hope you all like it.

Mick.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/3446942/

heh, he have done it again. Nice work. Man, you should make all the doom monsters. I wish someone would color these drawnings too.

Man, make the arch-vile now. :P

You know, out of all the Doom baddies, the archvile is the one I'm least familiar with (maybe because I discovered Doom on the playstation, and they very rarely appeared). But, I'll give it my best shot, watch this space.

Mick.

That rocks! I see almost everyone gives him proper animal hind legs like yours. My interpretaion has him on all fours, just like an ape.

very nice, i tried to post my comments at DA but i guess they dont process that fast :P so youll be getting 2 from me :P

Thanks for all the comments guys...just makes me want to keep on going :)

Yeah Zell I got your comments...lol, both of them :) Cheers mate.

Mick.

Very good, only one complaint. I think the legs need to be a little bit more prominent/wider. Only a bit. The proportions are basically top-notch.

The legs are a bit too small for the beast, but other than that it's excellent!

You get most improved. Ding!

Damnit, nice work!

I'll suggest a bitch of a demon to draw: a pissed off (maybe damaged) Arachnotron ;)

Again thanks for the comments, constructive critiscism always helps ;)

As for the legs, I thought that too as I was drawing it. I know the Demon has little stumpy legs and I was trying to show this without making him look too weird, or the legs too small.

Right, onto the next one :)

Mick.

Mickgr said:

Right, onto the next one :)

muthafucka's good, AND he's fast. :P this is gonna be interesting.

Ouch! a very tasty pic there. Well done.

It looks less heavy/beefy/bullish than the one in game, but more scary. Quite visceral, very alive and very animated. I can imagine your one being a far more manic attacker than simply charging up to its prey and biting. I can imagine claws thrashing, the thing springing around, wrapping limbs around you and repeatedly chewing. Yuk!

The head has a very slightly familiar "feel" to it. Kinda reminds me of the Balrog in LotR.

Mickgr said:

You know, out of all the Doom baddies, the archvile is the one I'm least familiar with (maybe because I discovered Doom on the playstation, and they very rarely appeared)...

If an Arch Vile appeared at ALL on your PSX version, I want it. ;)

Cool stuff... I looked through your other Doom pictures. I'd like to see a cacodemon, I bet you could make that look cool. =)

Sorry, but you may see I accidentaly posted a new topic in the Multi-player forum. :)

Very good indeed. But could you draw a picture of the Baron?

Enjay said:

The head has a very slightly familiar "feel" to it. Kinda reminds me of the Balrog in LotR.

Jesus now that you mention it your quite right about that.

I went and did a little research after viewing the 'Balrog' comments and to be honest, I don't think it does look like it(not that it was the intention anyway). The horns of the Balrog are totally different, much tighter to the head and curlier, also the eys are smaller and closer together (like a humans)and the snout is very pronounced. I can see where you are coming from from however, the faces do sport the same features....just in different proportions and layout.

Ultraviolet said:

Why does your name sound so familiar?

heh, Rebldomakr sound familiar. But only one I could remember there had a name like that is "REB Doomer" or his real name Eric Harris (one of the columbine shooters.)

Torn said:

heh, Rebldomakr sound familiar. But only one I could remember there had a name like that is "REB Doomer" or his real name Eric Harris (one of the columbine shooters.)

That is one of the possibilities I considered, especially because he signs his posts "REB." I believe Rebldomakr may have been the e-mail address or an alias in the textfile for those "Eric Harris" wads.

You know, those were almost kinda fun.

I wonder how quickly a "Choose your favorite Columbine killer" poll thread would get helled...