Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Doomguys hair cut?

why is it that in doom 1 and 2 he has somewhat normal hair, but on the box art of D2 he's got this zig zag pattern engraved in his hair?

and why do the former zobies have green hair?

Because he had a haircut? Has been known to happen (not to members of the Doom community).

The zombies? Well they were rotting so that might have something to do with it, or it might be the posessing thing that makes their eyes go weird as well.

Shapeless said:
on the box art of D2 he's got this zig zag pattern engraved in his hair?
[/B]

Well, think about it. If you had to save the Earth from demons single handedly, wouldnt your hair be a little messed up (and possibly with a zigzag) at the end?

i think what happened was after killing off the spiderdemon and a few hundred others, he needed a haircut really bad. but all the barbers on earth were dead so he had to do it himself (with his chainsaw of course). thus, he has a fucked up haircut for doom2.

Shapeless said:

Zombies are fashion victims. They dig Billy Idol and other crappy 80's music.

Shapeless said:

Because they rule. They dig Billy Idol and other awesome 80's music.

Teh zombification process turns hair green. Note that not only is the Trooper's hair green, but the Sargeant's eyebrows (all two or three pixels of 'em) are green as well.

Grimm said:

Teh zombification process turns hair green. Note that not only is the Trooper's hair green, but the Sargeant's eyebrows (all two or three pixels of 'em) are green as well.

arent the chainggunners eyebrows as well? oh wait...does he even have eye brows?

Shapeless said:

why is it that in doom 1 and 2 he has somewhat normal hair, but on the box art of D2 he's got this zig zag pattern engraved in his hair?

When my friend came back from a certain little upset in the Middle East recently, the first thing he did was get himself a "Taxi Driver" style Mohawk. Who knows what he'd have done if he'd been fighting hell unleashed?

Shapeless said:

To be picky, they're not former zombies. They're former humans, but current zombies. :-P

Disorder said:

Zombies are fashion victims. They dig Billy Idol and other crappy 80's music.

1980s??! No, "Cos You Got Green Hair" was a song on Gong's first album (1969).

I don't know about you guys, but if I was suddenly posessed/turned into a zombie the very first thing I would do would be to dye my hair green.

I'm a barbie girl in a barbie world...imagination that is your creation.

...come on barbie let's go party...

Shaviro said:

Heh, isn't that post supposed to be in the annoying music thread? :-)

Shaviro said:

Dear god no!

This is clearly an abuse of supermoderator powers, posting those lyrics! :p

Shaviro said:

Heh.....?

Shaviro said:

okay, ken.

heh.

Gokuma said:

The Doomguy is Mike Tyson.

He's far more intelligent than that. He can open doors for a start.

pritch said:

Hey now, Mike Tyson can open doors. It just takes a few tries...

You guys are messed, I thought nerds are smart?! if u use common friggin sense, and look closer, he always has the same haircut, cause the front of his haircut is always normal AND U CANT SEE THE SIDE OF HIS HEAD IN THE GAME, look near the front of his head on every other picture of his face and he looks the same.

otis_driftwood said:

You guys are messed, I thought nerds are smart?! if u use common friggin sense, and look closer, he always has the same haircut, cause the front of his haircut is always normal AND U CANT SEE THE SIDE OF HIS HEAD IN THE GAME, look near the front of his head on every other picture of his face and he looks the same.

I hate to break your little heart, but I hate to see lies and misinformation thrown around like dead cats, so I'm gonna have to correct you.

If you pay any attention to the ingame mug face, you'll notice that sometimes when you get hit from the side, the mugface will turn to face the attacker - that's right, he turns his head sideways on you, revealing no zig-zag pattern whatsoever.

If you doubt my word, download wintex and extract the frames for the mug animations. You'll be able to see for yourself.

EllipsusD said:

Hey now, Mike Tyson can open doors. It just takes a few tries...

I don't know, I seen the Doomguy get pretty puzzled trying to open some doors.

And to correct history, Mike Tyson freed the slaves. Or so someone my roommate knows answered on his nationalization exam.

Gokuma said:

And to correct history, Mike Tyson freed the slaves. Or so someone my roommate knows answered on his nationalization exam.

That's the best answer ever. :D

pritch said:

...and i have yet to be able to bite off ears in doom

honestly i belive that 2 different artist made the covers and such. so there

also i think that when u start up doom 2 the image is facing the opposite direction than the box

What I wanna know is: Why, after knowing what a Cybie can do, does the box art of D2 suggest fighting the Cybie off with a shotgun? Or even the slighest notion that it's a good idea to fight the Cybie with anything weaker than a "Plasma Gun/Rocket Launcher/and, Hell, maybe even a Chaingun" combo?