Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

annoying songs

well working at best buy provides a person with alot of very odd music. when it is 6:30 am some of it is just too much. some is justs annoying, some comic, others WTF.

here is a small list.

a gangster rap song where the guy says "what up cos, what up cos, what up.... gangsta" not very annoying, but the guy's tone of voice for the line is comic. makes me laught/

dip set: guy yelling 'dip set' repeatedly (at first i thought he was saying dick suck) not only is that annoying but a girl in the back ground seems to be yelling "meow"

anything country. nuff siad!

song that i can even describ other than it is masked by this horrible digital 1980's game style music. only turned up loud and sung by 1000 fingernails on a chalk board.

creed cause i have heard too much of them

what other songs have u heard that fall into this list?

well, its an annoying song to me (i dont like rap, but i can handle it) and, its the one (i noly the video) where they are running around and putting ? marks all over the place. It annoys me, also anything repitous or anything with a bad background is annoying too :P

A cd called "Made in Japan" which had horrible, sub-amature punk. Which wasn't even in Japanese. And my Fat Boy Slim cd is annoying. Oh, and any of my mom's Christian music albums.

All rap. But especially that 50 Cent guy. He sounds like he's got carrots in his mouth while rapping. I can't hear what he's saying. Hopefully, next time when he gets shot he dies.

Country does not suck. It's just that every single song sounds exactly the same.

Unless it's Garth Brooks. Then it's different and cool.

Not all rap is bad. But that's all rap done by rock artists. Like Queen, Blondie, and Ian Hunter. :)

Well to me, if a genre has all songs that sound the same, then thats good enough reason to say it sucks.

I know a song that will get on your nerves,
Get on your nerves, get on your nerves,
I know a song that will get on your nerves,
Get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves.

We know a song that will get on your nerves,
We know a song that will get on your nerves,
Get on your nerves, get get get on your nerves.

You know a song that gets on your nerves,
You know a song that gets on your nerves,
Gets on your nerves, gets gets gets on your nerves

Melfice said:

Well to me, if a genre has all songs that sound the same, then thats good enough reason to say it sucks.

'It all sounds the same' usually means that you're simply just not interested in a certain genre, or do not know enough about it, not necessarily that it sucks. There's a lot of genres of music I think always 'sound the same', but I'm sure it's more to do with me just not knowing enough about the genre than it sucking per se.

Manufactured pop.

Melfice said:

You could actually say that for all genres.

The Flange Peddler said:

'It all sounds the same' usually means that you're simply just not interested in a certain genre, or do not know enough about it, not necessarily that it sucks. There's a lot of genres of music I think always 'sound the same', but I'm sure it's more to do with me just not knowing enough about the genre than it sucking per se.

I have listened to country for ten years, it does all sound the same. But I never said it sucked.

hey seph, that first one, the gansta rap you mentioned, that's 50 Cent, 'Whut up Thug' or something like that. i don't know. i only listen to rap for about two weeks before going back to the 80's techno.

mmm new order...

Disorder said:

He sounds like he's got carrots in his mouth while rapping. I can't hear what he's saying.

Heh, you sound like my dad. :-P

could have been him. i dont fallow rap. most i can stand. the "what up thug" is annoying but the "what up cos" is just plain funny. most of the ones that annoy me sound horrible. either background music or repition of something that seems kinda dumb. like one song goes "skee,skee,skee,skee" or something like that.

All genre's definitely don't sound the same within themselves, although there are alot of genres that do.

Take KoRn's "Freak on a Leash," Manson's "Coma White" and NIN's "Head Like a Hole." Those 3 are from the genre of rock (some still consider nin as industrial, but lets face it, industrial is nonexistent, its all just plain "rock"). They all have very different sounds. I shall continue to make a list of songs that don't sound the same as eachother:

"Stupify" - Disturbed
"Falling Away From Me" - KoRn
"You Know You're Right" - Nirvana
"Target Audience" - Marilyn Manson
"The Perfect Drug" - Nine Inch Nails
"Rexall" - Dave Navarro
"Resurrection" - Fear Factory
"Blue Monday" - Orgy
"Wait and Bleed" - Slipknot
"The Only" - Static-X
"Seven Nation Army" - The White Stripes
"Junkie" - Ozzy Osbourne
"Mutter" - Rammstein
"Red Hot Pussy Liqour" - Rob Zombie
"Manequin" - Cradle of Filth
"Schism" - Tool
"Death Blow" - Deftones

Basically my point is, is that I believe Rock is the most diverse genre and has alot of bands with their own sounds that no band can copy, such as KoRn, NIN, or Marilyn Manson. Sure they can try, but they fail. And actually each of the afore mentioned bands have their own unique sound, unlike alot of genres such as Rap, R&B, Pop, and Country. I'm done with the argument now. If someone cares to carry it on, go ahead, but I'm done.

NIN - March of the Pigs
NIN - Big Man With A Gun
Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
Marilyn Manson - Ka Boom Ka Boom
Just to name a few

And what UD said, manufactured pop where the "artists" really aren't yet they take all the credit. Knaw'mean?

This is exactly my point. I could sit here and go 'all rock sounds the same' (although I know it's not). Just guitar thrashing and angry vocals. But if you are really into the genre, you can see the subtle differences that somebody that only has a passing knowledge (probably based on what they have heard in the charts) of the genre may not notice. Hence, 'it all sounds the same' when it really doesn't. Rap (or whatever) may all sound the same to you, but I'm betting there's lots of people that could spend hours explaining to you the specifics of all the different sub-genres and the unique sounds of individual artists.

Melfice said:

Basically my point is, is that I believe Rock is the most diverse genre and has alot of bands with their own sounds that no band can copy, such as KoRn, NIN, or Marilyn Manson. Sure they can try, but they fail. And actually each of the afore mentioned bands have their own unique sound, unlike alot of genres such as Rap, R&B, Pop, and Country. I'm done with the argument now. If someone cares to carry it on, go ahead, but I'm done.

Hmmmm... Rock - is it diverse or is it a catch all term for music that fits loosely within a certain heavy guitar based style, thereby making it diverse by the fact the category is a wide ranging, woolly one. Similarly, the other genres - are they simply more tightly defined? What's in a name and who cares? If it's crap "rock", it's crap. If it's crap rap, it's crap. If it doesn't fit into a pre-determined category, who gives a flying fuck at a rolling donut?

Play a bunch of "diverse" music such as you list to someone who doesn't like the genre or general style of the music, and they will almost certainly say one or more of the following:

"It all sounds the same"
"I can't hear what they are saying"
"It's crap"
"I don't like X"

What's more, their responses are likely to be the same for any genre, as long as it is a genre they don't like.

Poor limited people, restricted by convention, preconceptions, peer pressure and whatever else forces them to judge a book by its cover. And that comment goes equally well for "right-on alternative people" who are often just as restricted and wouldn't be seen dead listening to a song by (insert appropriate "straight" artist here) for basically the same reasons as anyone else.

My advice? Enjoy a song because it's good, dislike one because it isn't and not because of who sings it and the style it is in. I don't mean like everything - we all have different tastes, but try to give everything a fair hearing so that every song starts on an even field.

Annoying songs? The ones that usually really get me are novelty songs. These things are released with a guaranteed hit factor, rapidly race up the charts, spend weeks hanging around the top end, usually going to number one, are on the radio every time you switch on. Then they disappear without trace, presumably only ever resurfacing in people's CD collections when moving house or something and causing embarrassment to the poor fools who bought it in the first place. I don't know how much of a universal phenomenon that is, but in the UK it happens with alarming regularity.

most annoying song is whats played in posthell. lol, although i sat and listened it about 50 times out of fascination.

And thanks for the advice Enjay. What would trigger our willpower if that passing wisdom didnt break through, eh mate?
Now the grazing youth (sheep type) can listen to what they like! heh ;)
Classification by genre can be ignored if you like. It makes it easier ,for a person's selective tastes, to choose what they want to get. :)

Melfice said:

Those 3 are from the genre of rock (some still consider nin as industrial, but lets face it, industrial is nonexistent, its all just plain "rock").

What? That's bullshit. Industrial is its own genre, though it's a lose term that basicaly means "dark and electronic". Very few industrial bands could be classified as rock. For instance, the rock band format is pretty much: guitar, drums, vocals. Then add a bass or rythm guitar, or something more exotic or a combination of those, and thats how it works. Now name a single industrial band (besides NIN) that uses a drum set instead of a drum machine. Hell, a lot of them dont even use guitars.

The Heretic said:

And thanks for the advice Enjay. What would trigger our willpower if that passing wisdom didnt break through, eh mate?

Hey, thanks, that's what I'm here for.

(Yes, I got your sarcasm, hope you detect mine floating back through the ether :-) )

Sad to say that there are plenty of people whose willpower won't be triggered by anything any of us say. You're obviously not one of the people who need their triggers pulled (snicker) but many people seem to. What's more, their triggers seem to be jammed.

Ah well, so be it Jedi.

læmænt said:

The Flange Peddler is right

music with lyrics always has a great potential for being annoying, though

Music with too many lyrics tend to get boring or annoying.

I'd rather listen to classic rock & pop ie 70's & 80's. :)

the_Danarchist said:

What? That's bullshit. Industrial is its own genre, though it's a lose term that basicaly means "dark and electronic". Very few industrial bands could be classified as rock. For instance, the rock band format is pretty much: guitar, drums, vocals. Then add a bass or rythm guitar, or something more exotic or a combination of those, and thats how it works. Now name a single industrial band (besides NIN) that uses a drum set instead of a drum machine. Hell, a lot of them dont even use guitars.

In fact, the purists would even say that having a guitar makes you completely NON-industrial.

And since I'm here... I'M FUCKING SICK OF MANSON.

number 1, industrial is not rock.

Number 2, hard house and club music pisses me right the fuck off. "Oh wow, we found a cool riff... maybe if we repeat it 500 times we'll have a song!"

Total ass.

The Heretic said:

most annoying song is whats played in posthell. lol, although i sat and listened it about 50 times out of fascination.

The Tatu music or the crazy circus music? I don't find Tatu annoying at all, in fact I really like listening to them.

darknation said:

Number 2, hard house and club music pisses me right the fuck off. "Oh wow, we found a cool riff... maybe if we repeat it 500 times we'll have a song!"

Total ass.

Now that's a big fat lie born out of ignorance and stupidity.

TeamKill said:

Now that's a big fat lie born out of ignorance and stupidity.

You just called down a shitstorm that will limit visibility to -2 feet... If you aren't a brunette already, get ready for a messy dye-job.

The Flange Peddler said:

This is exactly my point. I could sit here and go 'all rock sounds the same' (although I know it's not). Just guitar thrashing and angry vocals. But if you are really into the genre, you can see the subtle differences that somebody that only has a passing knowledge (probably based on what they have heard in the charts) of the genre may not notice. Hence, 'it all sounds the same' when it really doesn't. Rap (or whatever) may all sound the same to you, but I'm betting there's lots of people that could spend hours explaining to you the specifics of all the different sub-genres and the unique sounds of individual artists.

smart man, very smart

btw all music is repetive, there's not a single song that doesn't repeat itself at some point, it's just how music works