Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowRunner

Doom Text?!?

Ive Been Wondering...You Know The Font,Color and Logo Doom uses for the end level thing at the top.Anyone know how people use that to make look diffrent in color and Name.Really looking forward to using that.

Ok You The Text Logo for Doom.At The End of each level is a logo with the level name on it in the Doom Style Text Design.People have taken it and changed the color even changed the name of it.I Wanna know how to do this.

ShadowRunner said:

Ok You The Text Logo for Doom.At The End of each level is a logo with the level name on it in the Doom Style Text Design.People have taken it and changed the color even changed the name of it.I Wanna know how to do this.

Extract it with the various tools (like WinTex) you'll find in the utilities section at doomworld.com

EDIT: Wrong forum, methinks.

A suiting decryption algorihm has been found, but with a low accuracy.

I think he is talking about the CWILV* lumps, their colors and their names:

Extract them, change color using your favorite color while keeping in mind to stay with the restricted 256-color Doom palette set. Change the graphic to anything you like.

ZDoom can automatically generate the level name for you if you want (via MAPINFO), in default color.

Heh, yeah. MAPINFO's cool... 'cause I used to have to paste all those single letters into one picture to create level name bmps. But now I just finish the level using ZDoom, printscreen, and just edit out the text it displays.

Like UD, I like using those old fashioned letter textures as signs in my levels. It really can help the user find out where the heck they go. It can bug me sometimes though, because MS Paint is actually better at making them then Jasc.

I once used a program designed to make simple, win-based games... to make a word processor using Doom's font. The window is 320 * 200 (same size as the title pic, intermission pic, etc) and the background is cyan. Type, and it displays the font in the small, red letters (not the big gray ones...). You just take a screen capture of the text area and save it as a patch. I haven't used it just yet, but I will for various signs and the credits screen of my megawad.

The downside? I did have to copy the characters from the actual entries in doom2.wad, so I have to save all those graphics as part of the program. But hey, it works.

Yo Dude The Text im talking about is in your links at the top of each page! Ive Seen your site before,What did you use to make those.Maybe You Can Make Some for Me?

Also I Use Deepsea For making maps so got queston.
1.Alien Vendatta uses doom1-doom2 Hexen-Heretic-Custom textures,I Want to load the textures but not the .wad file when i mapedit to make my map look *Unique*.
Im Working On a 32-Map Total Conversion.
The Tale Of Doom Saga.
1.Training To Become a Marine-Complete
2.Something Wrong-Editing it.
3.Gunshot-Editing it.
Thats What is in development of the 32 map Saga.So i need some help UltimateDoomer If You got aim youd be a big help.
Screename:XBlackDagger89X

Oh, our clan logo? Yeah... I got it from some guy who used that font in his game. He said it's been used in many places besides Doom. It's not a font file (I wish), it's a picture with all the characters. Anyway, I have it in an LBM, which is what I recieved it in (if you can read that format), and also a bitmap (so I could copy/paste from paint). If you want it, PM me your email... or alternately, if you happen to get on Doom Connector, look for [*ORB*]NetNomad.

ShadowRunner said:

Also I Use Deepsea For making maps so got queston.
1.Alien Vendatta uses doom1-doom2 Hexen-Heretic-Custom textures,I Want to load the textures but not the .wad file when i mapedit to make my map look *Unique*.

Several ways to do this.

This is the simplest I think:

Press F7- select Lump Fixing Tool

Pick AV.WAD. Now copy only the entries you want this way:

Hold the shift+arrow or Ctrl+Left Mouse to select all the entries you want at the same time.

Now press Copy and all those are moved over to the right. If you forget some, no biggie, just go back find it and click the right column where you want to move it to - press Copy again. If you screw up, just press Reset ALL and do it again:)

WHen done Press Save and name the File AVTEXT.WAD (this now has everthing you want

Be sure to copy the TEXTURE1, PNAMES in addition to the graphics and whatever you want in the way of Flats).

==============

To use this file, just Open it and the PWAD you are editing and all the resources are available. (Be sure to press Reset ALL files to make sure you don't have conflicting resources loaded before you start).

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Hmm...I wonder where that idea came from...

There was no point of saying that I already admitted it in my post.

I suppose so, yeah.

btw, I'm not complaining or anything - it's good to see my maps are inspiring others.

(besides, signs are great - despite their size, they're still better than printing a message every time you get near a building)