Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mordeth

Kings of Chaos

Once upon a time, several Doomers got involved in an online 'real-time' text strategy game called "Planetarion". I've just found something similar, called King of Chaos, which is basically the same but for the medieval setting. You basically need to build up your own camp and army, and defend friends/allies or attack your opponents.

I've just setup an account there, as Heerschap. Click the link, and join my ever-growing army of the... um... Dwarves, or setup your own independant account from the main page.

It would be fun if we could get a bunch of Doomers together for this, like we had going for Planetarion! If you join up, post your account name & recruitment link below.

Let's see if we can have some fun ;)

Bleh, recruitment type schemes aren't allowed to be posted on forums, as the Kings of Chaos FAQ/TOS states.

Outwar-type stuff is faggotry, sorry tho heh. It's useless.

Mr. Chris said:

Bleh, recruitment type schemes aren't allowed to be posted on forums, as the Kings of Chaos FAQ/TOS states.

No, it says that it's not to be posted in forums unless explicitly allowed by the owner/operator of the forum in question. As Mordeth is one of the people who runs this forum, I rather think he is allowed :)

Outwar-type stuff is faggotry, sorry tho heh. It's useless.

Not when there's actual prizes at stake! Yes I know it's a X-Box, but you can always sell it... :P

NiGHTMARE said:
As Mordeth is one of the people who runs this forum, I rather think he is allowed :)

Dictatorship is the way to go :P

NiGHTMARE said:

Not when there's actual prizes at stake! Yes I know it's a X-Box, but you can always sell it... :P

How much spam do you get from these guys? ;)

NiGHTMARE said:
No, it says that it's not to be posted in forums unless explicitly allowed by the owner/operator of the forum in question. As Mordeth is one of the people who runs this forum, I rather think he is allowed :)

Indeed. And if people don't like this game, they need not bother posting their opinion in this thread. Thanks.

A question for the fellow Doomers who joined up: once I click on your recruitment link, do I need to follow it past the second page and become an officer? Or is clicking on your recruitment link enough to get you additional personnel?

Mordeth said:
A question for the fellow Doomers who joined up: once I click on your recruitment link, do I need to follow it past the second page and become an officer? Or is clicking on your recruitment link enough to get you additional personnel?

Hm, after some reading-up it seems to be some kind of pyramid-scheme... commanders get additional income if their officers get their own officers and stuff. So, i'm signing up with the biggest account I've seen so far in this thread: TheBlackKnight.

Still, you can click on recruitment links once every 24 hours. That seems to suggest that you don't need to actually sign up with somebody. Hmm, confusing.

Personally, I liked Planetarion better, as it had a better sense of community by grouping your planet into a galaxy. So you actually had immediate neighbours and a somewhat joint defence of your galaxy (provided you didn't get lame backstabbers or kiddies in your group). I don't get the same sense of "being somewhere" here... my camp seems to exist in oblivion.

You have to delete your account to sign up again as someone's officer ( I think ) . I'm not sure you want to do that, because you'll lose your officers. Unless they want to start again as well...

You're right, I can't seem to make myself your officer even if I click that link. Hm.

Btw, to all Doomers currently enlisted: don't forget to click eachother's links once every 24 hours! :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Yes I know it's a X-Box, but you can always sell it... :P

Xbox is the bst :(

Anyway...this sounds like Majesty..anyone else ever heard of it?

Zell said:

Xbox is the bst :(

Anyway...this sounds like Majesty..anyone else ever heard of it?

OMFG Someone else has actualy played Majesty.

I think I'm literaly the only person who ever bought the expansion pack.

Okay, I'm confused by one thing on KoC: when you buy stuff for the armory, do you have to buy one per unit or one for the entire army?

I've been attacked a couple of times and from what I could read when attacked is that a defense unit takes one piece of armor, either shield, helmet, etc... Same with attacking units with weapons.

Yes, one 'item' per unit. The names "knife" and "shield" do not actually refer to things that units can yield. A "Shield" is something a trained defender uses, and a "knife" something that a trained attacker uses.

Although I've just started, this game is nowhere near as much fun as Planetarion once was. Planetarion at least had 'communities' who could work together, three different kinds of resources, and a whole slew of different upgrades. Plus, an impressive array of different ships you could build, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Kings of Chaos basically just has gold, and men to attack or defend. Plus, there is no reason why you should keep on using 'knifes' instead of 'warhammers' once you can afford those.

O well, it gives me something to click while on lunch breaks :)

Man, upgrading sure is expensive. And I don't see why I should invest in attack/defend items... you'll need 110 level 10 spies in order to become immune to sabotage, so any item you buy is BOUND to become sabotaged when somebody bigger decides to atttack you. Clear example of broken balance: small starters should be immune while bigger players ought to invest more and more in their Covert Action rating in order to stay immune.

One way to save up enough cash is to buy loads of attack weapons, but don't attack anyone. Even if you're sabotaged it won't matter because you won't be using those weapons. Then sell them all. I'm doing that to get immunity, but it's pretty boring. Hopefully once I'm immune I can start playing it properly... :/

Yeah, like some kind of "investment" with bad returns. But any money put away in those weapons can't get stolen... Kinda like collecting perfect gems in Diablo in case you need some emergency cash :)

Ok, I now officially declare this game Teh Suckage. Downtime for two days, only to come back to find out I've been attacked with zero casualties on my part, but with gold stolen and, strangely, all my officers gone.

Not worth the clickage during lunch breaks ;) This games fails it.