Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XDelusion

BOOM Dependant?

A lot of Freedoom's maps use Boom features. You won't be able to play it properly with Doom95 or Doom2.exe. To my surprise I discovered that one map contains a few ZDoom slopes! (optional of course. The map still works with other Boom compatible ports, just without the slopes)

Graf Zahl said:

To my surprise I discovered that one map contains a few ZDoom slopes! (optional of course. The map still works with other Boom compatible ports, just without the slopes)

Yeah, I added those for visuals only :) They don't affect the gameplay at all, so it doesn't really matter.

boris said:

Yeah, I added those for visuals only :) They don't affect the gameplay at all, so it doesn't really matter.

Very good practice imo.

XDelusion said:

(once finished without ugly ass sprites)

I think if you just alter around 100 pixels on the existing sprites, you aren't breaking copyright laws. so...(im probaly wrong tho :P )

Most of the sprites look damn good, just not the Demon replacements that I last saw, and what ever that is in that screen shot. :)

Zell said:

I think if you just alter around 100 pixels on the existing sprites, you aren't breaking copyright laws. so...(im probaly wrong tho :P )

Original doom sprites?. Uhm, of couse it is still breaking copyright laws, if you just alter 100pixels on them.

seems silly putting in slopes because it means the map you're playing is struturally different depending on what you run it in.. just seems kinda careless to me.

sargebaldy said:

seems silly putting in slopes because it means the map you're playing is struturally different depending on what you run it in.. just seems kinda careless to me.

Did you actually play map07 in ZDoom and anything not ZDoom compatible?

Zell said:

Yes, that is totally wrong.

Graf Zahl said:

A lot of Freedoom's maps use Boom features. You won't be able to play it properly with Doom95 or Doom2.exe. To my surprise I discovered that one map contains a few ZDoom slopes! (optional of course. The map still works with other Boom compatible ports, just without the slopes)

That's an awesome idea. God, it's been so long since I checked out freedoom - I didn't know it had expanded to this kind of stuff. Is it still a remake of the Doom2 maps or is it more like a TC with a full set of replacement sprites/textures now?

Finally, where can I get the latest version (if at all).?

Dear me ... http://freedoom.sf.net/; i.e. the top match on google for 'freedoom', and the URL linked in the announcement threads on this board.

would you like help to the download page, too? :P