Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
insertwackynamehere

Anyone know VB?

If you do, could you please tell me how to make an icon you see if the program is on your desktop or wherever. The only one I have is in the top left corner of the actual form, but not a nice clickable desktop icon. Thanks!

I know vb...lets see if i understand you. You want to make your own icon? The icons are made in seperate icon programs. I know the old Borland IDE had one internally, though, for C++ 5.2. Do a search for creating your own icon files.

If not, could you clarify some?

Not sure how much this will help you but icons need to be 32 by 32 in size.

You can use existing pictures or parts of them, or make your own in paint. I think there is a help file in paint as to how to do it.

Or you could download from say zdnet or cnet, one of the icon manager tools such as "Icon Manager". There are aditional help file entries with this icon manager program.

You gotta love the fact that Microsoft in their genius used single quotes for both quoting out stuff and for part of the syntax of SQL stuff used with VB. I couldn't try certain combinations of code while working on this database project because they would comment parts of themselves out. At least I think that's how I remember it. Fortunately I was able to pull something out of thin air that happened to work.

Ok. What I mean is that on a desktop for example, I have the program. However, it has the default application icon, that comes with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET (my IDE). I want this icon to be replaced with a custom icon. I set the form's icon, and the icon in the upper-left hand corner of my application seems to work. However, I want a "desktop icon" where desktop could be any icon that is veiwed to represent the application, before opening it.

EDIT: Figured it out, thanks to Mewse, and everyone else!

I would like to point out that having used VB is one of the reasons for my brain damage and schizophrenia. VB kills 2 out of 3 users. Quit it while you still can.

læmænt said:

I would like to point out that having used VB is one of the reasons for my brain damage and schizophrenia. VB kills 2 out of 3 users. Quit it while you still can.

Must be that lucky 1 out of 3. I've been working on a scrolling game lately after a successful experiment at creating an RTS engine...

insertwackynamehere, if you have any more questions about vb feel free to email me, i worked with it for several years, and we can avoid the "hahaha vb sucks" stuff

A hard earned thirst deserves a big cold beer... and the best cold beer is Vic.... Vitoria Bitter (VB)

Templar said:

A hard earned thirst deserves a big cold beer... and the best cold beer is Vic.... Vitoria Bitter (VB)

Heh. An Aussie!

VB (the beer) tastes like crap too :P

Templar said:

ROFL

I'll be sure to mention that tomorrow in my class ;)

What the hell is wrong with VB? It's easy to learn, and fast.