Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

The One Room Contest

Sorry everybody, I was out of town -- my apologies for the inconvenience. Please allow me one more moment to review all the last-submitted wads and then I'll come out with the winner.

Doom Dude said:

Thats one long moment your having. In 10 days it'll be month past. So what's up Job? ;)

Heh, sorry...Finals are kicking my ass. : /

Important: Please read carefully!
This contest is finally going to be updated. :) Hirogen2 has won the first part of the contest consisting of an E1 theme. Accordingly, his prize will be sent out. The second contest, due to having too few entries will be grouped together with this new theme-contest section. Those who participated in the second contest may leave their entries as they were or they may let me know if they wish to alter them and re-submit them for this new theme-contest section. If there are any questions, please ask them in a timely manner. The new time limit for this contest section will be from the date of this post, the 20th of January until the 15th of February. In the event of too few entries, I will make an announcement in this thread and extend the closing date of the contest-section for this theme and if anyone wishes, they may continue working on their map even if they've already submitted it to me.

Okay, this section's theme is going to be a base that is, in one part, being consumed by demonic influences. Scripting, colored lighting, additional/custom music wads for ambience are allowed and encouraged. However, you may not include additional custom sprite graphics or textures of any sort. Also, I am dropping the size requirement of the room. No longer is it constrained to 896x896. It may be as small, or as large, as the author sees fit. If any individuals who submitted maps to me for the second section of the contest, this being the third, may post in this thread their desire to resize their maps and resend them to me if they wish. This could be a bit confusing, so if I forgot to address something or you want me to clarify, feel free to ask me in this thread or PM.

OMG an update to this thread.

Anyway, I would like to make a few changes to my map, but i don't have it on my hard-drive, so could you please E-MAIL it to me, I lost it when i lost all my Doom stuff a few months ago.

I'd assume not.

As for the contest, I guess my level is out then.
It had new textures, new flats, new sky, new music. I fail it, heh.

*New update. All ports accepted*

Earthquake: Just redo your level as you see fit. If you don't have it, I'll check my email and see if I have it -- in which case, I'll forward it to you.

Doom.wad or Doom2.wad?
I understand previous contest was for doom1 iwad. Wich one should be used this time?

Frades said:

Doom.wad or Doom2.wad?
I understand previous contest was for doom1 iwad. Wich one should be used this time?

Either will work fine. Whichever you feel will help you produce the better result.