Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

slige modification contest

Rejected? That's complete ass. When Ultimate Doomer questioned whether it would be allowed I thought he was over-reacting. Do you think Ty has actually checked out the levels? They really don't look anything like the Slige originals. Especially the Zdoom levels with colour translations, slopes and use of the new texture system.

When I didn't specify music for my level I didn't mean for it to be totally silent :P i was thinking about putting in a specific music file, but it doesn't really matter. But what's the music to Map 2? That's really, really cool. Very atmospheric.

i sent ty an email about it, showing example screenshots and stuff. i personally thought it was utterly ridiculous. i was aware that the archives had a policy about slige maps, but i thought it only applied to.. well, the crap slige spits out directly. as for map02, espi added his own music, you'd have to ask him :) your map not having music was just an oversight on my part, as i'm not used to working with mapinfos. if you want something for your map feel free to choose one out :)

boris said:

Map01 fucking rocks! Best map I've played in quite some time! Great theme too.

So which maps belong to who, Sarge? I'm at home so can't download it.

teh textile says
Map01: The Flange Peddler
Map02: Espi
Map03: stoned
Map04: Nanami
Map05: mephisto00

Nanami: your map was rather disappointing :(

The text file lies!

According to the in-game map titles Map 3 is nanami's and map 4 is by stoned. And considering map 3 uses some colour translated monsters I'm guessing the in-game stuff is more reliable.

The Flange Peddler said:

And considering map 3 uses some colour translated monsters I'm guessing the in-game stuff is more reliable.

Yes, I think so too. Still a rather disappointing map :P

Even so my map isn't very good. =P

I didn't have time to complete it. My editor quit working when I was going to work on it, so only the first area is even at all detailed. I put in a few details and threw it to Sarge when I could. If I had more time it would've been a lot better.

To clarify, mine's the one with the monster translations and the translated health potions. =P

I like maps 1 and 2, good stuff. the other two were kinda meh though :/ but still not bad, better than a regular sliege map for the most part anyways