Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

slige modification contest

ok, how i've done it i've just made a few slige megawads and assigned each person to choose a map from it. please tell me what map you decide to modify. i'm not sure who exactly is still in, so if you want to be added in let me know.

zarcyb - slige1.zip
ralphis - slige2.zip
assmaster - slige3.zip
stoned - slige4.zip
nanami - slige5.zip
darkhaven3 - slige6.zip
blackfish - slige7.zip
deathz0r - slige8.zip
any other takers?

umm, honestly the slige maps are just so awful that trying to modify them to something good is basically the same thing as starting from scratch... so i'm not sure if there is any point in this.

what? you can change everything except the basic structure. you can add rooms, change the whole texture scheme, delete all the original monsters and add new ones from scratch, add detail, add some new rooms if you'd like... i don't see that it's that hard.

i PH'd, er, PM'd you, i'm in, this sounds like fun. w00t. hope i'm not too late :)

also, if the number of volunteers doesn't get any bigger, are we allowed to modify more maps?

i changed it a while back so that each zip would be a personal megawad (for reasons of fairness), so yeah, if you have time you can do two from your set :)

sargebaldy said:

i changed it a while back so each player can pick a map from their own megawad (for reasons of fairness), so yeah, if you have time you can do two :)

0wnz, i'm in, can't wait!

wait, is there a deadline on this? as in, when it needs to be done by?

yeah, you have until Monday, November 10th @ 8am (GMT). although if you'd like you can always work on it more afterward and put out your own updated release :)

sargebaldy said:

ack, sorry. /me cooks up more wads. 9 is me and espi is 10.
monochrome - 11

thank you. :)

heh, ever single map i've played so far in my search for my map starts off in a room with the exact same basic structure. other than that there's been a nice bit of variety. :)

scarecrow said:

heh, ever single map i've played so far in my search for my map starts off in a room with the exact same basic structure.

You mean the "s room", that's kind of like the "signature" of Slige. You know s, as in slige. It's so that people won't just upload slige maps and claim them to be their own work, they have to at least bother to edit that room. :)

Hmm, I've only found one map worth working on. Heh. Do all the slige wads have the same TEXTURE lump and patches?

perhaps not, it might depend on what random textures appeared between those 32 maps. shouldn't be a problem putting them into one full texture lump though.

Is this intended to work as a real Doom2 episode or just 32 single levels? I mean can i make this map04 of my very challenging and put barons of hell and plasma rifles and what not in it? And how about the style? Should the early levels be in the base style as in Doom2 or can i use hellish textures and stuff like that? (all these Slige maps seem to be in hellish style anyway).
I say lets just make 32 fun levels and not care about how big and challenging or in what style they should be.