Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arielus

Best architecture

Arielus said:

Any other add-on which hasn't been mentioned yet? :-)

Ariel.

Nimrod. This one also has some absolutely impressive architecture and makes excellent use of Legacy's 3D-floors. It's the only reason I keep Legacy around.

AV-20

And Darkening 2 was a masterpiece.

One cannot forget Caverns Of Darkness.

Hmm, dunno why I put Equinox before Darkening2, and why I forgot CoD. That's what happens when I have to order wads.

Well there are a lot of wads out there with impressive detail...but the three ones i like the most are:

Darken2- The reason why i made dark7.
Phobos Anomoly Reborn- Inspired me to put more detail in Southern Cross.
Slaughter Deathmatch- I made a deathmatch of my own called 'Gothic Dreams' But not as good as Slaughter Deathmatch though.

I know i'm missing some other great wads.

http://earth.prohosting.com/dvd2k3/Demise%20V4.00/

ravage said:

AV-20

And Darkening 2 was a masterpiece.

One cannot forget Caverns Of Darkness.

Caverns of Darkness would have been great if it was playable with a decent source port. As it is it's practically one of the most useless mods ever made (which is a real shame.)

yeah cod is in dire need of a win32 port, I still haven't played it because of that

Same here. Heh, I think I might have said told this story before, but back when I thought Doomworld was a Doom 3 only site, the second time I can back, there was a screenshot of COD under the Top News or whatever heading, and I was, like, "Whhaaaaaaat?! You telling me THIS is what Doom 3 looks like?!" So, uh, yeah.

Cyb said:

yeah cod is in dire need of a win32 port, I still haven't played it because of that

I played it just fine.

ravage said:

I played it just fine.

DOS doesn't run well on too many systems. For example, I have absolutely no desire to install all the stuff that would be required to make DOS games work anymore. Doing so can seriously affect Windows performance.

I really don't get why there is no Win32 version of COD. The changes to the engine are so minor that IMO it wouldn't take more than a day to add them to a source port. Due to some very specific stuff, however the only ones that would do are Eternity and PrBoom and I have some problems compiling both due to some SDL problems. Otherwise I would have done this a long time ago... :-(

Isn't Joel Murdoch now helping Quasar with Eternity? If so they could easily add CoD support to it.