Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Post your desktop

Yes, done lots of times, but these threads always seem to be quite popular.

Important note: desktop images are by their nature quite large, so use [url] tags and not [img] - forum rules prohibit [img] links to large images.

Here's mine. It's from a while ago, but hasn't changed much (two new icons added since then, and one more on the taskbar).

I'd post but there's not much to look at, and my wallpaper changes frequently (I don't have a page of my own anyway).

...and I'd post my current wallpaper but planetquake doesn't want to respond. It was in the POTD a few days ago.

Any chance I could get that wallpaper, Arioch?

Mine's a picture of my backyard on a foggy and snowy day. I don't anywhere to put the pic though.

Hey Arioch, that's a nice theme you have there, where did you get it from?

Howcome I only see WinXP desktops here? I'm gonna like, install Linux or something and take a screenshot in one of their GUI's.

Theme: Watercolor XP v4.2

Wallpaper: Frozen Throne

This theme package is a port of the original Whistler Beta theme (Windows XP beta cycle) which Microsoft eventually scrapped for the XP theme seen today. There's only one glitch I know of in it and it's only noticeable if you alt+prtscrn to take screenshots of individual windows, and even then it's trivially easy to correct in whatever application you edit images with.

Maybe, but it works well with that Science screensaver, especially the spiral version.

You'll have to wait about 3 months to see mine; I'm too embarassed (sp?) to show mine as it is right now. Yes, I'm still running that craptacular Win98SE HP Pavilion you all lost about 4000 points of vision from back in 2001...still with the NIN decal on it ;)

Thankfully this Christmas I'll be getting a new one, built from the ground up this time, with XP pro on it. Yay, or something.

Ichor said:

Clean your monitor.

no, er, it was fine, then my mother tried cleaning it (it was slightly dusty) and for some reason the rag made these huge holes in the protective layer or whatever the hell it is. The monitor is permanently fucked now, but i already got used to it.