Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sniperfrommars1

Doom3 Release Date News

As Ive said before Im a customer returns problem solver at Amazon.com and have been checking on pretty much a daily basis for sign of news about Doom 3's release date. Today around 3:00 or so I found this annotation listed under a unix tool we use called asin stat one year. Here are the annotations I found.

Tool starting!!
Enter ASIN: B00006C2HA
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ASIN: B00006C2HA
TITLE: Doom 3
BIBLIOGRAPHIC INFORMATION
Title : Doom 3
Author :
Availability : At Distributor
Pubdate :
List Price : $0.00
Amazon Price : $49.99
Product Group : Video Games

Binding : CD-ROM
HOLD DATE
Hold Date: 03/01/2004

ISBN ANNOTATION
CSS: letter of demand sent to merch (lmagee 06/23/2003).|.CSS: per
buyer, item not released until Nov.
2003. ticket 717853.
(06/23/2003 lmagee)
CURRENT INVENTORY
DC: PHL1 RNO1 SDF1 total

Amazon owned inventory
unallocated customer demand: 340 194 236 770
inventory (TOTAL ON HAND): 0 0 0 0
inventory (ALLOCATED): 0 0 0 0
inventory (BOUND): 0 0 0 0
inventory (UNENCUMBERED): 0 0 0 0

Now IM not implying that November is the exact release date as you already are aware It may not come out till 2004. As you can see the hold date is currently 3/1/2004 which has been correct in the past. We currently have no orders allocated to our lexington FC so I assume none will ship from lex, but we do carry other video games at that fc so why not this one? Ill attempt to keep you guys posted but once again this in no way is implying that this is the correct release date for doom3

I won't believe any release date announcement unless it comes from id themselves, and when they do announce it, everyone will know.

Once again flamer, Im openly saying this is not concrete. But this is past speculation this is the official record at amazon. You have any inside info? Then shut the Frag up

I know it's not for certain, but there has been all sorts of speculation and guessing as to when the game will be released, so far all it's turned out to be rumor. That's why I will wait until id annouces the release date. One thing is certain, the later the game is released, the cheaper the hardware required to run it will be.

sniperfrommars1 said:

Once again flamer, Im openly saying this is not concrete. But this is past speculation this is the official record at amazon. You have any inside info? Then shut the Frag up

Uh, Ichor wasn't flaming you. Nowhere did he insult you, he merely stated his opinion on the matter. Geez.

In that case I see your point and should apologize but i feel more like he was trying to undermine the validity of my statement. My point with this whole thing is this. This info means this is when we expect to be able to sell the item, specifically in time for this holiday season which to me makes sense, but our hold date is officially listed as our shipping date for pre-orders. I dont beleive this is correct im just offering a shred of hope that ill have this game ive wanted so badly within the next five months at least

I don't mean to be rude sniperfrommars, but I think it would be for the best if people stopped posting possible release dates, because the only (even remotely) credible release date there could possibly be is "When it's released".
I don't think it'd do people much good if you get them all excited about a possible release date in early 2004, because then they'll just get disappointed if the given release date is indeed wrong. Iirc, Quake's release was very sudden and unexpected and that was a nice surprise.

Nah, the best thing is to wait while anticipating no release date in particular, and suddenly id drops the ball on you completely unexpected - the release of Doom 3 would be all the more satsifying that way, instead of people going "Bah! What took them so long!?" (sadly, that's the way it'll most likely turn out to be), but that's just my take on it.

sniperfrommars1 said:

As Ive said before Im a customer returns problem solver at Amazon.com

I'm your manager at Amazon, and the information you post here is confident, you act against our company policy on disclosure of corporate information. you are fired!

dsm said:

Stuff...and More

I say just let it come when it comes. I'm not shitting my pants to play the game. Hell, I haven't seen the alpha and I'm still not hyperventilating.

lol.. i am though.. However still, id like it to be a suprise on me.. I dont usually like when games tell you when it will be released, and your sitting waiting and getting bored.. The suspence keeps me excited about it.. :D

Well this is what the hold date means. Whenever we take preorders for items we have to ship them ahead of the release date to get them to the customer on the day of release. The hold date is the earliest date we can pick these items to have them shipped. Im only trying to give you whatever inside info I can. Amazon obviously has inside contact with the vendors in cases like these especially when we have money tied up in preorders. And of course i know Im violating company policy i could be fired for even claiming i know anything about the release of this item. Just attempting to be helpful because for the 50% of people who flame me, ive got another 50% who are glad someones trying to let them know the big question......when the hells it coming out

There is no reason to hit on people because they post what info they have. If you're bored of release date speculation maybe you should spend less time in this forum rather than tell people not to bother with it.

Amazon, Electronics Boutique, et al have been known to have release dates for games that don't even exist (e.g. Baldur's Gate 3), so I'm afraid a heck of a lot of people now take anything like this with a pinch of salt.

I'll take the official release date of Doom3 with a pinch of salt :)

DooMBoy said:

I'll take the official release date of Doom3 with a pinch of salt :)

You think they won't release it when it's done?

Bastards.

The closest thing to Baldur's Gate 3 is Throne of Baal, which is really just an expansion pack.