Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Hey Shorty!

$789 more on average per inch, you mean. damn, i'm only about average height :P
actually, it says the average is only 5'9 for guys so i'm a good 2 or 3 inches over.

Heh, reading that sentence or two on basketball players brings forth a question I've been wanting to ask:
Is it just me, or am I the only one who finds it just a tad silly that really tall black and white men are paid millions of dollars a year just to play basketball?

DooMBoy said:

Heh, reading that sentence or two on basketball players brings forth a question I've been wanting to ask:
Is it just me, or am I the only one who finds it just a tad silly that really tall black and white men are paid millions of dollars a year just to play basketball?

It's silly that they get paid millions of dollars to play a GAME, while hard working joes across the country go hungry each night even after working a full day's work.

Oh, and the fact that their height can get them that sort of money is dumb. Do they even go by skill in the NBA anymore? Last time I checked they just keep trying to train the tallest people they can find to put a ball in a hoop.

Dunbar said:

It's silly that they get paid millions of dollars to play a GAME, while hard working joes across the country go hungry each night even after working a full day's work.

Oh, and the fact that their height can get them that sort of money is dumb. Do they even go by skill in the NBA anymore? Last time I checked they just keep trying to train the tallest people they can find to put a ball in a hoop.

These people aren't athletes, they're entertainers. They get paid a lot by their owners because people will pay their owners a lot to watch them perform.

I often wonder about basketball... How would a team of the world's best basketball players under six feet in height fare against a team of seven-footers who were total newcomers (with, say, just a week's training)?

he was 6'6. really that's about the best height for a basketball player, or maybe a couple inches taller. by the time you hit 7 foot people often have trouble running very fast, probably because your legs are so long at the point you don't have as good balance. obviously you can dunk easier but the little guys are going to run circles around you and probably get a lot of fast breaks.

if we were talking the best WHITE basketball players under 6 feet and some random BLACK guys over 6 feet who had never heard of basketball until a week before the game, well. i'd put my money on the n00bs :P

If you ARE tall and earning the riches you deserve, go check out where your salary puts you in the Global rich list :) I am the 43,302,445 richest person in the world. But don't tell my wife!

fodders said:

If you ARE tall and earning the riches you deserve, go check out where your salary puts you in the Global rich list :) I am the 43,302,445 richest person in the world. But don't tell my wife!

"Sorry, if you earn less than $90 a year we are unable to calculate your position on the richlist.

If this is the case you would be one of the billions of people who earn less than $2 a day. Typically you would also not have access to a computer or an Internet connection."

Heh... :(