module <unknown> at 0000:b00dc190.
Registers:
EAX=e1d14000 CS=015f EIP=b00dc190 EFLGS=00010282
EBX=00000004 SS=0167 ESP=008be490 EBP=008b84aa
ECX=000005c0 DS=0167 ESI=e1d08498 FS=0157
EDX=008be488 ES=0167 EDI=e1d122e7 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:

Stack dump:
00000f59 00000327 0000fbbe 80586bc0 0167202f 40000000 84c4e1d1 03270f90 000005c0 00000004 b00dc190 0000015f e1d0b000 26198506 05c00327 b0000000 
I got that when trying to open up the configuration box, after I loaded up a slige map. Now it doesn't open up at all and throws me out of db.

slige maps leave out part of the format. i managed to save one fine in db, but if you can't i suggest you run it through a nodebuilder first to build the missing pieces of the wad.

I think it would be great to have a feature where you can choose certain categories for lighting and the editor will select a light level that is appropriate to what you described. For example, you have "Light sector...brightness of 190"...Flickering light sector...brightness of 112"..."Dark sector...brightness of 70" and so on. That'd save some trouble trying to determine which lighting is best for the sector.

Well, I've gotten to opening a slige map in DB, ok. So far so good. Then an error pops up when I go to select a flat:

Run-time error:453
Can't find DLL entry point Flip_flat in builder.dll

Edit: Apparently this is for ALL maps.

[stupid]Okay.. I put in a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI card, since my GeForce 4 Ti 4200 is ... busted, and now 3D mode just starts up as a black screen. You can exit the 3D mode, though.[/stupid]

Edit: Nevermind.. It was the drivers I installed.

I'm having a small problem that has never happened before. I tried to add about my 6th new thing catagory into my Cyberdemon.cfg, but it won't detect the new catagory. I looked it top to bottom and nothing at all is wrong with it. This confuses me greatly.

i've got a wish/suggestion: duke map mode toggle button on the toolbar where, like in duke3d's automap, you see the floor flats squished into each relevant sector ... duke also does the lighing/flishyflashy fx too IIRC.

Ops... looks like I made a little mistake... I forgot to put a closing bracket on my Cameras catagory making trees seem like a part of Cameras. So that's why it didn't work...

Rotating works ok over here. Did you remember to get the latest version, which is 1.01, because Rotating didn't work at all until 1.01...

I upgraded mine, and recently rotating stopped working. It's odd, I rotated with it before. Now it gives me that thing selection error or whatever it is and closes it. Odd.

Oh, and by the way, Doom Builder rocks! Making maps has never been so easy! Bless you Gherkin for such a godsend to incompetent mappers everywhere!

I've been meaning to say that.

I upgraded mine, and recently rotating stopped working. It's odd, I rotated with it before. Now it gives me that thing selection error or whatever it is and closes it. Odd.

That is damned weird. :/

I'm just happy I got my scripts working. I LOVE how Doom Builder has everything so customizable. I can change my Lines, Things, etc. so I can have everything labeled. For anyone else who can't seem to get their scripts to compile in Zdoom using Doom Builder, I left the code on page 2 of this topic to help ya oot.

Heh. I just found out a pretty bad bug (pretty much ruined my map) with the "FIX MISSING TEXTURES TOOL". Well, I tried using it in my map, but all that happened was the majority of the NON-MISSING textures got turned to BROWN96, and all of the MISSING textures were still there. Uh.. Just thought I'd let you know, even though you're not working on DB anymore.. heh.

Mr. Pork, I've been avoiding that like the plague! It messes up everything! I just keep DeepSea registered around to check for errors every now and then, and I'm all set.

Gerkin: I LOVE the ability to pull down a window and add in Scripts, this is great, I can work on my Fraggle Script while I'm building the map, and I don't have to use add_fs.exe anymore, at least until I use Neznode which won't be till the maps are done.

Any request though, while the script window is open, it would be great if you could still view the map, so you can check floor and ceiling heights, while your editing the script, that would save me a lot of hassel!

AgentSpork said:

Heh. I just found out a pretty bad bug (pretty much ruined my map) with the "FIX MISSING TEXTURES TOOL". Well, I tried using it in my map, but all that happened was the majority of the NON-MISSING textures got turned to BROWN96, and all of the MISSING textures were still there. Uh.. Just thought I'd let you know, even though you're not working on DB anymore.. heh.

Ugh, I had that happen as well just the other day. Thankfully I didn't work on my map previously to trying that out. Heh

I just started using this program, and already I've got a few things that I think could be included in the next upgrade, whoever works on it. First, in 3D mode, why not give the arrow keys the same functions as in the actual game, functions we're already used to and use automatically? (Left arrow turns line-of-sight left; right arrow turns it to the right; strafe by holding down the ALT key). One could still use the mouse to lookup/lookdown. Second, again in 3D mode, the only way I've found to change vertical positioning within a map is to angle up or down with the mouse, then move until I got to the right place. How about changing the coding so combinations of the ALT/uparrow-downarrow keys will make you go straight up and down? And lastly, for those of us who occasionally make low-lit areas: why not have 3D mode ignore actual light settings and show everything at 255? One could always view final lighting by running Test Map. OK, I guess that's...oops! No it isn't. Just one more thing: as a graphic designer, I'm used to programs that have "magnifying glass" tools. Select that tool and draw a square/rectangle around the area of the image (in this case a map) you want to enlarge, and presto! the area suddenly occupies the full screen. Clicking with the mouse also can enlarge or shrink the area at preset percentages. Surely this tool could be added without much trouble, and if you think it's not necessary, wait until you've had a chance to use it! OK, that reall is all. For now. More later, maybe.

ok, obi two kenobi, thanks for the suggestions, but uhm...

You movement can be reconfigured in the options (Shortcut keys tab). But aiming is really a thing to be done with the mouse and movement with keyboard. Why else do you think all these gamers do it that way?

You can toggle lighting in 3D mode by default with the B key.

The zoom tool sounds good, but it doesnt sound much different than pointing your mouse to the area you want to enlarge and sling your scrollwheel up (or down for zoom out). If fact, I think thats faster than having to select a tool first and drawing a rectangle.

http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/pms-deepsea.png
http://oregonstate.edu/~lloydo/pms-db.png

i'm a detail whore i guess is the best explanation :P when i did make that computer, i did it in deepsea (in that bleak two week period after doomcad had become too painful to boot up in 95 to use and before doom builder came out). trying to repeat something similar in doom builder would hurt my head.

Thanks for the tips, Gherkin. I guess I'm just used to doing things in a certain way and it takes a little time to adjust. I still think having the option to move vertically between floors in a map without having to take one's hand away from the keyboard could speed things up and be ultimately easier, but I don't have the final say here. BTW, I use the mouse to aim, too, when playing. But why not keep as many of the key controls the same from game to editor as possible? Less of a learning curve that way...

Well, yes -- I was referring to Doom, though I also play other games, too. One of these days I'll actually have to let some of my Doom maps out into the cold, cruel world (Doomworld, to be precise) and let them make their own way through the hard drives of life. It's just that I'm a perfectionist, and after all, they're mine, mine, mine! They're my precious! Yes! My precious, I tell...oops, wrong franchise.

Oh, one other idea I had worth pointing out.. a snap to vertex option (that works irregardless of grid snaps)? Or extend the building to use the vertex selection range (since I don't think it does) and then highlight the vertex that the linedef is going to be built to? Something along these lines would be immensely useful for quicker building since I wouldn't have to fudge around with the grid as much and how it is now I don't know if a line is going to be built to the vertex I mean for it to or 1 pixel left of it.

I hope part of that made sense ;)

What's so hard about pressing [ and ] for raising and lowering grid sizes. It's so fast that way that it makes no different. Unless a measly 0.25 extra seconds to push that button makes a real difference in speed.