Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zell

is doom going to happen?

Well, i think not, but, if you watched the dsicovery channel earlier tonight, you got too see that nasa is thinking of making the moon phobos the next civilized uhh..moon? Anyway, isnt doom set on phobos? :P

Discuss :D

Dude, seriously, this has been common knowledge that scientists feel that Phobos and, to some extent, Deimos, would make great colonies for a Mars base to study the Red Planet.

Heh, may be common knowledge, but its still pretty hard to believe that theres such a resemblence behind real-world ideas and that of a video game presenting certain doom.

I doubt very seriously that anybody's planning to delve into the concept of temporal/interdimensional travel at this point...so don't get your hopes up Zell/Melfy.

Hey, remind me to buy a bigass beretta and a chainsaw.

I've played so much DooM, I strafe into rooms with my right hand in front of my face.

Can we make a "Demon Invasion Scenario" Forum, where we can discuss various strategies and share tips on battling demons in the real world? We'd need a sticky on where to find a reliable chainsaw, for I'm sure that will spark heated discussion. And there's the inevitable poll on "What Continent will fall first?"

Seriosly though, it's pretty cool that Phobos is going to get the colonization treatment. It was starting to look a little bland.

Darkhaven3 said:

I've played so much DooM, I strafe into rooms with my right hand in front of my face.

Hmmm enless you live in Compton maybe you should get that issue checked out.

Darkhaven3 said:

Another item to add to the "You know you've played too much DOOM when..." list.

I thought Phobos didn't have any gravity. (Isn't that why Doom 3 got moved to Mars?) Huh.

Grimm said:

I thought Phobos didn't have any gravity. (Isn't that why Doom 3 got moved to Mars?) Huh.

Everything has gravity. The thing is Phobos has so little that you could probably put yourself into orbit around it by taking a running leap.

Well, yeah, I knew that. (From the Doom books, no less, heh.) Doesn't seem like enough to build a facility on.

no it certainly isn't. phobos and deimos are only a few miles in diameter and have such weak gravity they aren't even round. deimos has only 0.1% of earth's gravitational pull, so i'd say without some sort of artificial gravity you'd have trouble constructing anything there.

sargebaldy said:

without some sort of artificial gravity you'd have trouble constructing anything there.

Why would you need gravity to make constructions?

so things could be structurally stable? it seems to me supports wouldn't be very useful if gravity can barely hold them into the ground. not to mention it would be hard to set anything up in such a low gravity environment. with a gravity 1/1000th of that on earth, i'm not sure a person could even stand on the surface.. although i'll let the space agencies do the calculations on that.

What if they sent really really fat, obese construction workers up there? Maybe the extra weight would allow them to stay grounded?

They made the Internatrional Space station in 0G. Well, are making... They made the Mir that way too.

true but the ISS is supposed to be floating around. designing a building in extremely low gravity that doesn't would probably be more difficult.

Darkhaven3 said:

it's a baretta? been wondering

he's left handed dude.

seriously though, this makes me wanna join the marine corp just in case :P

monochrome said:

seriously though, this makes me wanna join the marine corp just in case :P

Do you mean Marine Corps, or Union Aerospace Corp.? Either way, you're screwed when the demons start appearing.

Really, If they can construct in zero g, and they can construct in regular gravity, then they can certainly build demonic experiment stations of fear and hellish insanity on Phobos in near-zero g. So when several aerospace corporations unite to become some kind of union, and they take over the Mars construction job, then we can start getting concerned.

I know he's left handed, but in the game he holds his right out, then punches with the left. It's fucked up :P

Oh, btw : if this does happen, also remind me to clock my fatass superior to the ground and get box-mailed to mars, and then when I get teleported to the third episode, shotgun-fuck an imp.

TODO LIST

Episode 1

1.Act like a crazy fuck with a chaingun
2.Pin a 'kick-me' note on a zombie's ass
3.Burn the shit out of my foot in slime
4.Lay drunk on the ground after drinking a soulsphere
5.Sleep in darkness while hell knights lurk around corners

Episode 2

1.Get stiffy before getting to first red key (just in case)
2.Stick up finger to dimensional portal of faces
3.Shit down neck of decapitated corpse
4.Run in circles as being chased by every demon in the game
5.Whack into blood pit

Episode 3

1.Shotgun-fuck imp
2.Help Bill Ritch lose weight
3.Jizz words 'DOOM RULZ JOO ALL' on vaginal wall of E3M1 (novel ver.)
4.Drop penny into giant blood pit
5.Pop shoulder out of place as SpiderDemon chases my sorry ass around map

Darkhaven3 said:

I know he's left handed, but in the game he holds his right out, then punches with the left. It's fucked up :P

I think he's supposed to be using his right hand for blocking or something crazy like that. Then again, it's still fucked because It's not like the doomguy can stop bullets or anything like that. He may be tough, but he's still not Neo.

Besides, we'll probably all be dead by the time they ever set up a base on Mars, anyway.

Darkhaven3 said:

4.Lay drunk on the ground after drinking a soulsphere

Had a bit too much spirits there, eh?