Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsareppsun

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Lost Oblivion....."DAMN!!!!!"

If someone here already brought up this gorgeous lookin' title in conversation, well then my bad.......

I'm well aware this is off the topic of D3, But I would like everyone here to take time off and go to either gamespot or ign and PLEASE look at these visuals of this upcoming game for the pc. DAMN!! The "Attention to Detail" in this game is....is....PHENOMINAL!! The shading, the shadows, the lighting, the textures. The graphic detail in just about everything, everywhere is so damn CRISP! It's fuckin' SCARY!! Just look at the damn GRASS!! and worse look at the damn twigs on dried up hedges! And most of all! MOST OF ALL!!! The SKY! those CLOUDS!! HOW did they do that? Especially the late afternoon to sunset sky textures pics, puts a lump in my throat, makin' me all EMOTIONAL and SHIT!(*sniker)

Imagine, Just Imagine seeing D2 "HELL on EARTH" ruined city maps off this engine.

I tell ya'll, If this title "MOVE" and "SOUND" anywhere near as great as it looks? id's DOOM3 has to look out for more than just VALVE's Half Life2.............

Go see, Then express your opionions,

Yea it's pretty good, the lighting is only really good on the terrain, you might want to notice that there's practically no shadows on any of the player models. The backgrounds are cool, but not as sharp as doom 3. The player models are pretty good, but not THAT good, especially at a distance it seems.

Like you said, this is offtopic. There's a forum for offtopic stuff. It's called "Everything Else" Anyways...

Yes Stalker does look pretty good, but only the environment, models and other stuff doesn't look very good. The game looks alot better than Half-Life 2, though. After seeing the beta of that (and no I don't think the final game will change the engine or the art radically) I no longer believe Half-Life 2 has anything on Doom3. I think even Max Payne 2 looks better and more convincing than HL2. I'm looking forward to exploring the landscapes in Stalker!

shaviro...i think that beta was full of shit or the guy that leaked it was...valve probaly has a lot more work done then what he wants us to think. :)

Stalker looks amazing, and it seems like it has an amazing feel to the environments as well. But I saw a couple of videos once with pretty crappy physics. Hopefully that'll still change. If so, I think it might become huge.

Zell - it's ridiculous to think valve has any more done on HL2 than the "anonymous leaker" wants us to think. I fully believe everything he says after having played around with the alpha, and you should too. It does not surprise me one bit that Valve is lying to their customers and fans once again.

Even if they've made more than they claim, the quality of the stuff they HAVE done already is pretty bad.

Shaviro said:

Even if they've made more than they claim, the quality of the stuff they HAVE done already is pretty bad.

I disagree after playing the Half-life 2 leak myself. I enjoyed it, although it was buggy. I didn't enjoy it as much as the Doom 3 leak, but it certainly wasn't bad, in my opinion.

It certainly wasn't very good.

Their engine is moderately impressive and the content is pretty decent but pure and simply, what pisses me off the most (and really turns me off to HL2 and all further Valve products) is that they simply lied to their fans. That's unforgivable, in my eyes.

[edit] Just so I'm not completely off topic in this thread, I'll note that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. does indeed look nice, but I'm really far more interested in Far Cry than Doom 3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., or Half-Life 2. Nothing touches Deus Ex 2, or my fantasies of Fallout 3 or System Shock 3, though. [/edit]

Far Cry is going to rule.

They hired two Portuguese dudes to work on it :D

spank said:

Far Cry is going to rule.

They hired two Portuguese dudes to work on it :D

Far Cry is going to rule, because Aardappel designed and implemented their scripting language.