Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ness

Need help with Camera work in Zdoom (DB)

Ok, So Im making a map in the effort to learn scripting. I've been reading the Zdoom.org tutorials, which have helped, but I've run into a problem with cameras.

What I want to do, is when the doomguy enters the room, the camera shifts to right infront of him.

BUT

When I set it all up (Camera, tags) It points to the first teleportation spot. I'm kinda confused.. check it out in my map!

Ness

MAP: http://members.shaw.ca/scottcc/junglez.zip

The camera is flagged to appear on easy medium and hard, but not in any game types. Make sure you flag it to appear in single/coop/multi as required.

Even once you flag the camera correctly, there is still a problem. The line tells the view to switch to a camera with a tid of 1. The teleport spot has a tid of 1 and the view is changing to it rather than the camera for some reason. It is probably defaulting to the most recently placed thing with a matching tid even though it isn't a camera. (The camera is thing 0, the teleport spot is thing 33 so is more recently placed.) Not sure if that is a Zdoom bug or not. Anyway, give the camera a unique tid and it works.

ok so I flagged it all, changed the tid of the camera.

No dice, still the same deal.

I'm REALLy confused!

everything (or every thing heh) is a camera in zdoom, the camera things are better to use though because you can change their pitch or have them pan or follow a specific thing etc

if you have multiple things with the same tag and try and switch to that as a camera then zdoom will use the most recently placed thing for the camera, so your cameras need to have a unique id. the dormant flag doesn't matter save for moving cameras that follow a path

Ness said:

Thank you so much Cyb! It worked out well :)

But I said almost the same thing. How come that didn't work? :-)

Cyb said:

everything (or every thing heh) is a camera in zdoom

Your mom is a camera in ZDoom...

I had problems with cameras a while back. I need to report the bug. I couldn't get some OPEN or ENTER scripts to change the view of the camera in a ZooM map, but I COULD get it to work in another map I just made, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

Nanami said:

I couldn't get some OPEN or ENTER scripts to change the view of the camera in a ZooM map, but I COULD get it to work in another map...

I remember ages ago having a problem getting hudmessage and a moving camera to co-exist in an open script. I got it sorted, and don't remember how, but I remember it was a PIA for a while.