Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Disorder

They raped Larry

Leisure suit Larry. Rings a bell, doesn't it? Well, some dickheads thought it was time to do a sequel. So far so good. Then, I saw the first screenshot of the long awaited new Larry game called 'Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude'.

Larry goes 3D. The whole Larry feel seems to have disappeared. Such a shame. Thoughts, ideas, comments?

I played the first and part of the third. Thought they were rather dumb, albeit slightly funny at times.

Actually I am not all that concerned whether it is 3d or not. Lesiure Suit Larry's primary charm was not the graphics, but the moronic plot.

never played any of the games. mind directing me to a link?
are the games free now? is there a shareware? i am sure these are DOS/286 games

Isle said:

man wtf is he doing with that monkey......

Well, knowing Larry, sooner or later he'll be spanking it. :-)

Isle said:

man wtf is he doing with that monkey......

What I'd like to know is: why in'st he in his liesure suit? I mean, what the Hell...its in his name.

in soviet union, larry rapes you!

what is the whole game about anyways, getting laid from what i have seen. anyways they redid duke nukem in a side scroller 2 years ago. it was very good and fun to play, could have used a bit more and maybe some better quality here and there, but still good. it was better than most games done by amature companies and was very bug free.

Sephiroth said:

anyways they redid duke nukem in a side scroller 2 years ago. it was very good and fun to play, could have used a bit more and maybe some better quality here and there, but still good. it was better than most games done by amature companies and was very bug free.

I don't see what Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project has to do with good ol' babe humpin' Larry, but Manhattan Project rocks - one of the best games I've bought in recent years and for me, a rebirth of the sidescroller genre (loved sidescrollers as a kid).

Only tried the first and third Larry game - Leisure Suit Larry III was one of the first big games I ever got.
But heh, Adventure games has never been my cup of tea - I just hate puzzles that impede your progress until you happen to think the right thought or do the right thing by accident.

I couldn't care less how this game turns out - I already think they made too many Larry games and I was never a big fan of him. As soon as I got Wolf3d, Larry seemed to fade from excistence (not that he was overly prominent before Wolfie).

well i never played any of those games.

my question is, whats the deal with the cocktail and beer icons?
and WTF is he gonna do to that poor monkey?

Leisure Suit Larry, Heh. I was never a follower of those games, but they were classics in their own right. I loved Police Quest and Space Quest, Space Quest was insanely funny. Now that's a game they need to remake, I remember looking forward to 7. Then it got canned :(

Yeah - actually, DN:MP is a tremendously awesome game, if you like 2D (3D graphics, 2D gameplay) sidescrolling platforming shooters. IT harkens back to the original Duke Nukem (Duke Nukum, haw!) games in a big way, but it still keeps the style and flash of the third DN installment.

It's a very pretty game, right up there with Q3A, and it runs wicked-fast. Only needs a Geforce2 MX to run at full speed with everything turned up. The gameplay is great and on the whole it's just really good. Pick it up if you see it - it oughta be around five or ten bucks now.