Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

quake nazis

has anyone ever noticed, even in its hay day, the amount of racist people playing quake 2 and half-life?

they got more annoying than noobs, mainly in half-life. they often had screenames like, heil hitler, jewh8ter, KKKnigbeater, adolf and many many more.
they would often shout racist comments and slurrs durring the game.
in half life i would see people tagging swastikas all over the levels.

however this has me confused. why these 2 games? i mean come on i would kinda expect it in a WW II based game, but quake2 and half-life?
true i havnt played many online games but of those i have only quake II and half-life have this strange issue.
I mean i use Xbox live, and have seen nothing as such or atleast didn't catch it.
I know a few others on doomworld have said similar things
i havnt seen it that much sence.
i am also surprised it is not a common thing in Wolf: ET. however that is mostly due to the fact u can kick and mute people

Damn, that's crazy. I don't know... Really, why Quake-2 based games? That's just weird. Well, whatever, I think those bastards should be dragged out and shot (in real life), so it's a good thing (for them) that we can only know them by their game identities.

There was a Mr. Adolf Hitler on ZDaemon.

There's also a guy on ZDaemon who uses the handle Rebdoomer and says "I am Eric Harris".

Yea I agree of what a nuisence it is, all these shouting obscene racist stuff. However, using hitler or other figures like him for names, graphics etc is not racist at all, just depends on the intentions of the person. If I use nazi images and symbols in maps, its because of the fear they give in games; games are different. Im fascinated with the history and hitler's reich, doesnt mean i like what he stood for, for hells sake.
Lol, and the majority of doomers call ppl Jew/joo very often.

We probrably shouldnt get upset by the player terminology this late in the game, but it pisses me of occasionaly.

Draconio said:

There's also a guy on ZDaemon who uses the handle Rebdoomer and says "I am Eric Harris".

Heh...well that was Harris's username (in case you didn't know).

Anyway, we have racists in this community like Wavelength, and um...well I guess that's all. There were some fucked up nationalist people around here though, like Woolie Wool who hated all non-Americans, The Widow Maker, who hated all Americans, and dr_st who was your typical Israelite.

yea i agree that useing nazi and such stuff in games isn't always an atempt at racism. however u got to wonder in non-WWII related games, like half-life, why someone is tagging swastikas.

though there are a number of swasktika shaped doom levels these are for the most part a refernce for wolf3d. same with ROTT, because it was to be the new wolf3d

however this has me confused. why these 2 games?

Half-Life (well, Counter-Strike) can be downloaded, therefore is playable all around the world, to more nazi-ish countries.

I know a guy that plays Quake 2 that spouts a lot of racial slurs, but says it's his exercise of Freedom of Speech, not for the sake of being racist.

Coopersville said:

Half-Life (well, Counter-Strike) can be downloaded, therefore is playable all around the world, to more nazi-ish countries.

the states have more nazis than anyone else right now

at least i think.

either way, i've found enough playing counter-strike to start my own reich.

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...well that was Harris's username (in case you didn't know).

Yes, I did know that. I was just mentioning because it's potentially offensive (although I'm not personally bothered by it).

yea i would say america nranks fairly high on the amount of 'nazis' we have. but hell we are a huge country, founded on slavery and manifest desteny. so it a way the 'nazis' kinda won in early america.
anyways i am just wierded out by the fact it is these to games. i mean i would thing it would be more common in all others as well

Coopersville said:

Well Doom is pretty international. Sure, most of the people in the community are from the US or Canada, but there are people from all over the world here, with about 3 or 4 people from Germany. Still, I agree with the statement that there are more nazi-like people in America.

It's what we do, man.

ravage said:

Hey, there was a guy called Adolph on #youfailit some time ago.

There was? Who was it?

It's probably just people trying to look big and bad, especially if they're trying to compensate if they are just little kids if you know what i mean. I've encountered people going under the nick of bin laden or something similar a few times for example.

Why quake and half life in particular is beyond me. It might have something to do with the fact that they are popular games anyway and attract a wide audience.

Heh. So it's proven. Playing Quake and Half Life makes you racist! :P

well I haven't noticed anything anyway, most likely because I don't play anything over the 'net...

Well, I think before anyone drags anyone else into the streets and shoots them, I think they should look very closely at themselves before they denouce anybody. Being self righteous and accusing your detractors of all sorts of bad traits so as to justify your "righteous" smiting of them only feeds the cycle of injustice that all moral law seeks to undo. That is of course if we aspire to actually being civilized humans. If we merely aspire to being barbarians with a shallow veneer of civility, well then I suppose such "hate mongering" propaganda is simply expected. In short, I think Quake2 and Half-Life are wonderful games and I think anyone who makes any statement that these games are anything more than the joyous and harmless games that they are are simply Anti-FPS and are Hitler loving Nazis.

I am Dylan Klebold.

Igor9 said:

Hipocritical self righteous pacivistic bullshit stuff.

Dude, when you consider that you're on a forum community that exists primarily of people who play a game of such violent content as DooM, you realize this is a pretty stupid fucking place to be throwing around pacifism. Besides, most of us aren't racist, hell we even got a fag here, we're just pissing about the fact that these people are taking whatever beliefs they have too far by being consistantly annoying with it. Damn it.

monochrome: Speak for yourself. Just because we play a violent game doesn't imply that we tend to have a violent nature at all. I'd say there are a lot of very peacefully inclined people here, including some total pacifists - possibly a higher proportion than in the population as a whole, but it's hard to say for sure.

And moderate your language. "hell we even got a fag here". FFS.

Heh, you make a thread about Nazis in gaming and you get more than one gamer reacting heatedly in a genuinely fascistoid manner against the imagined Nazis... more than half of which are just assholes fucking around on the internet (i.e., trouble fishers.)

the_Danarchist said:

There were some fucked up nationalist people around here though, like Woolie Wool who hated all non-Americans, The Widow Maker, who hated all Americans, and dr_st who was your typical Israelite.

Hmm.