Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mivalekan

Doom...? The movie.....?

Indeed... all signs point to suckage.

I say this because as a fan of the game, I'd love to see a good movie based on the series, even though there's practically no chance of it happening. It's a disappointing situation that has happened more than few times in the past and the curse has yet to be lifted.

Aleaver said:

I think many have said it before..

DOOM Movie = Bad..

Nuff Said..

I agree, I personally don't want to see a movie based on Doom, it will suck just like those damn Tomb Raider movies. ~_~

I myself have long concluded that a doom movie would suck. I mean i do believe that the doom storyline can be turned into a good movie but the fact that this movie is going to be a pg-13 (meaning vertificate 12 over here) pretty much condemns it to the hall of shame im advance. :(

I suppose it can always be worse. They could have based it on the doom novels ( haven't read them but everyone says they suck ad having taken a brief glimpse of the storylin i think i agree)

monochrome said:

Mivalekan, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done

Die

TSTuke said:

I suppose it can always be worse. They could have based it on the doom novels ( haven't read them but everyone says they suck ad having taken a brief glimpse of the storylin i think i agree)

Hold your breath, the script has not been written yet. And for you, guys at id, I'd be very happy to write it ;)

Maybe we should start a petition as to having us here on the forums makea community script project. It would be for the good of the world to not see the inevitable Tom Cruise yell "Gosh Darn It!" as he shoots a nearby alien with a laser, causing it's head to melt into green ooze.

And as far as that PG-13 thing goes, It don't make sense. Plenty of movies are released each year packed to the brim and overflowing with gore, cursing, and scariness. What should they make Doom any different?

I trust nothing, I repeat nothing, that comes from a Mac gaming site.

Monochrome quit abusing that tag before I abuse you.

Doom the game is rated 15 here and I think aiming for a 15 rating for the movie would be fair enough.

pritch said:

Doom the game is rated 15 here and I think aiming for a 15 rating for the movie would be fair enough.

Are you sure? Remember that Doom looks rather cartoonish by todays standard, meaning that e.g. mutilated corpses don't look as disgusting as they would on film.

And a Doom movie without mutilated corpses is just not faithful enough to be a worthy film.

pritch said:

Monochrome quit abusing that tag...

Understood. Sorry sir. /me salutes
still, you could've at least left the other part, it was valid.

...before I abuse you.

[newproject]pritch[newpro... i better not. :)

Some group of people should just make the Doom movie out of the Doom III game using that style called... ____. Y'know, the same thing they used to make "Red vs. Blue". That'd be far better than some lameass PG-13 WB movie.

Doom the movie actually came out four years ago. It was some little G rated release that went straight to video.

Gokuma said:

Doom the movie actually came out four years ago. It was some little G rated release that went straight to video.

WAIT!
...what?
for some reason i think you're either:
a) lying
b) full of shit
c) refering to another movie with the name 'Doom'

/me checks ]IMDB. BRB :)

EDIT: I found this. It doesn't give any info, just that it exists. I guess I'll have to ]Google my way through this one. :)

Actually there was a movie titled Doom that I saw on HBO about 9 years ago. It was hard for me to follow (because I was so young), but I clearly remember zombies on a martian military base. I don't remember the actors speaking a whole lot because for most of the film the marine was alone walking through someplace that would belong in Alien.

I speaketh the truth! Since it was on HBO and since it was so gorey, I'm safe to assume this movie was R-rated.
I just wish I could see it again :(

If its based of the novel series, its doomed to suckage..

Not to mention the fact that a pg13 rating for the movie will not help at the very least.

How would anybody ever put the feel of Doom into a movie?

"Look! An Imp!"
*BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!* *BLAM!*
"Look! Another Imp!"
"Look! It's Jeff!"
"Hi, Jeff!"
*BLAM!*
"Hey! He's shooting at us!"
"We should shoot back."
"Right!"

Repeat it about two hundred more times and you'd have Doom: the Movie.

"... PG-13 ..."
IchFassEsNicht!
And we here in germany will get a heavily cut down USK-16 version...
Ever seen the german USK-16 of "From Dusk Till Dawn"?
*shrouders*

Twenty minutes into the film...

"Look! A Hell Knight!"
"It's not working!"
"Try the chaingun!"
"Yup, that got it."
"Behind you!"

More to come...

I Love Stupid Stuff said:

Twenty minutes into the film...

"Look! A Hell Knight!"
"It's not working!"
"Try the chaingun!"
"Yup, that got it."
"Behind you!"

More to come...

Would be fun to watch *g*
Do we get a Fragcounter?

"4 Marines versus Hellspawn in a slaughterfest that will
turn your TV !!RED!!"

Should we make any mention to the fact that once you're brutally torn apart by a Hell Knight you just respawn and continue on your way?