Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Remilia Scarlet

Costumes!

To go along with the "What are you doing on Halloween" thread, I thought I'd start one concerning costumes.

I'm going as the 1978 version of the Kraftwerk robot:

http://kraftwerk.technopop.com.br/images/images/70years/maxi/pic24_70.jpg

I've got a red shirt, the same pants, a black belt, a black tie (with flashing LEDs in it, just like theirs! Made it myself), and my hair is usually combed in a way close to Ralf Hütter's anyway. So yeah, I'm a Kraftwerk robot.

What you all going to be dressing up as?

I had plans on stealing some pantyhouse, putting it on my head, then walking around looking for some really old kids (the kind that are really too old to be trick or treating, say 36), beat them down with my nail-studded-board, and stealing their candy bag. Afterwards, id sit on my porch munching away and passing the candy out to kids.

However, I grew lazy, beat off into a sock, ordered a pizza, and watched Friends instead.

after last year's accident with the black cloak, the sycthe and the old folks' home I doubt I'll be legally able to trick or treat ever again.

darknation said:

after last year's accident with the black cloak, the sycthe and the old folks' home I doubt I'll be legally able to trick or treat ever again.

(Insert acronym that symbolises laughter here)

The incident I had was similar (and similar to that incident I decribed in the What's your stupidity level thread). I dressed up in a black cloak with a black mask (which was really just a nice ski mask) to conceal my face, and just stood outside holding a boomerang made out and painted in the form of a scythe in one hand and a severed head in the other. Most of the little kids tended to stay away for some reason, but there were a couple of bratty kids. They laughed and made jokes. I just stood there motionless. They sprayed that silly string on me. I just stood there motionless. They even kicked my chins. I just stood there motionless, despite having no protection there (the years of soccer practice really helped here). It was at that point that they were convinced that I was just some kind of statue or mannequin, even to the point of believing that I had no face. Then they started to get a little scared and decided to get the candy from the porch behind me. As they left and once they turned their backs to me, I began to chase after them. I threw the scythe at them (it was big, slow, and relatively harmless). It passed in front of them by a few feet, and this really startled them. They all took off running. One of them even dropped their candy bag. After I caught the scythe, I grabbed the candy bag and went back inside.

Another incident involved my older sister. She would answer the door like usual and I would lurk nearby dressed up like Freddy Krueger; the green and red sweater, the claws, the face, everything. When she answered the door, I would jump out from behind and 'kill' her. She even had some kind of blood pack that she'd open as I stabbed her with the fake claws. She'd fall the the floor and I would then turn to the kids at the door, who usually take of running at this point. One of them actually soiled himself.

The kids sort of stopped coming to the house after that...

I was supposed to have gone to school today dressed as a ninja, as today was "Halloween Costume Spirit Day."I woke up a good 10 minutes ago, and that means I have no way of getting to school. I'm pissed! I told everyone I'd be at school as a ninja! This really blows.

I'm going to be the doomguy next year, and the year after that I'm going to wander around my local urban area as Gordon Freeman. Go me.

You could just say that you were in 'stealth mode' and that your camouflage makes you invisible. Who knows? There might actually be someone there gullible enough to buy it.

Ichor said:

You could just say that you were in 'stealth mode' and that your camouflage makes you invisible. Who knows? There might actually be someone there gullible enough to buy it.

There's a thought.

On the bright side, I am taking my 4 yr old sister out trick or treating, and I can ninja up the local neighborhood real good! Either that, or I'm sitting out on the lawn in my combat gear ready to repel any potential TP'ers. Either way it all ends up Ninja for Dunbar!

Anyone else ever think of being Doomguy for halloween?

Since I'm not going trick or treating, I'll just stay at home dressed up as myself.

<insert heh or wtf or internet forum laughing thingy, such as haha or lol, here>

Ichor said:

There's this tshirt 2 people in my school have that is army fatigues and says "Ha Ha. Now you can't see me."

Dunbar said:

Anyone else ever think of being Doomguy for halloween?

There was some guy on Newdoom that made himself Doom armor. It took him over a year, and I dont know if he ever finished it. Forget who it was.

Beautiful, Ichor. *steals idea* Where'd you get teh Freddy outfit from?

As said before, I'm probably gonna be too tired to do anythin', but who knows, the night is still young.

It was all in separate parts. The claws really were the only things that had to do with Freddy. The face was some kind of latex which was used for all sorts of ugly faces. The clothes were just your basic, everyday clothes that just happened to resemble Freddy's clothes (although they had to be torn up a bit and made a little dirtier to make it more realistic).

Only 6 PM here.

Somebody should manage the Doom 2 titlepic marine outfit. That is the ULTIMATE badass. :D Uh, minus the haircut, please.

Bloodshedder said:

I seem to recall a POTD from a few years back that was of someone dressed up like the Doomguy. With a rocket launcher.

AFAIK he looked very faggy. The outfit was frickin' vinyl. If you're gonna do a Doomguy costume you have to take liberties... don't emulate the sprite. Go more by a more traditional military look, if possible. The Doomguy ala the Doom 2 title/cover, for example, is a much better goal to go for if you want a Doomguy costume. Once again, please god no, not the haircut.

Ultraviolet said:

AFAIK he looked very faggy. The outfit was frickin' vinyl. If you're gonna do a Doomguy costume you have to take liberties... don't emulate the sprite. Go more by a more traditional military look, if possible. The Doomguy ala the Doom 2 title/cover, for example, is a much better goal to go for if you want a Doomguy costume. Once again, please god no, not the haircut.

I'm not going to be the Doom2 cover guy when I make my costume for next year. I'm going to be the serious, factual, 100% actual Doom marine, as seen in the game and on the cover of Ultimate Doom. I already know how I'm going to make the helmet/mask thing. I'm going to use a paintball mask I have as the base, and build off that. I also sort of have an idea of how to make the armor, but it's all in conceptual phases. Hell, I got a whole year to work on the damned thing(pun intended! Doom? hell?, work with me people)

And I have no idea how I'm going to be making Freeman's Hazard Suit for the halloween after. I mean, crap. That's some complicated shit.

Who would have known!

I had a cloakish Dee-Lee but my mommy put it away somewhere last night after the fireworks.

Incase for those who don't get what I am...

I am a Hobbit.

:D

You know, it hurts to walk to school and in school and from school and being chased by a car shooting BBs at me in bare feet, But it was fun and went with the costume. :D