Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

November

Lizardcommando said:

I thought that was coming out earlier next year. Like around March or April or something...

Yeah.

Nanami said:

Bwahaha, I share DA's birthday.

You get the first half, since its your brithday I'll take the seconds! :D

Wait a nanosecond...

This Wednesday Guy Fawkes will share his perch on bonfires with a man who, his critics say, poses as great a danger as the 17th-century conspirator once did.

Anti-war campaigners will prop grinning effigies of George Bush on to pyres around the country, hoping to stoke up opposition to his state visit to Britain this month.

The gesture is an apt one, for the US president can expect pyrotechnics when he arrives on November 19. Protesters angered by the invitation hope it will backfire on the government; George Galloway MP has described it as "sheer political madness".

thought that was coming out earlier next year. Like around March or April or something...

Gah I've been lied too! Blasphemers! They'll die!!!

Joe Doom said:

Heh. My birthday is November 6. wonder why there's almost alway more people born in November...

Justin said:

anybody born in november is a love child because it means their mom and dad well...ummm...did something bad on Valintine's Day.

Hehe that's my friend's outlook on it, word for word. :P

How is reproduction bad (well, except on the whole global overpopulation scale)?

Today I looked out the window mid-afternoon, and I did percieve a most overwhelmingly grey pastiche of that summertime hedonistic paradise in which I have been living for the past few months. And I remembered, the weather is one of the things I love about this country. November rocks.

And as a side note: Aaaw man, this is fucking mingin'! I applied Henna to my hair earlier on for the first time, and I just picked out this lump of green shit from behind my ear. And every post I have made tonight has been whilst wearing a tinfoil hat with a towel wrapped around my head. This is truly mingin'...

Mithrandir said:

Today I looked out the window mid-afternoon, and I did percieve a most overwhelmingly grey pastiche of that summertime hedonistic paradise in which I have been living for the past few months. And I remembered, the weather is one of the things I love about this country. November rocks.

Yeah, the sky rules. :) I love gazing at the sky, its quite the awe inspiring.

Mithrandir said:

Agreed...

Grimm said:

-------------------------------------------------------
Hmm, the anniversary of the Zelda 64 release.
-------------------------------------------------------

I got to play that game for 30 minutes before I got punished until Christmas. Son of a bitch.

wtf, why?

I got up off my ass and walked to the window to look outside today (don't laugh, I am off the computer sometimes), and beheld quite a gloomy spectacle.
Everywhere there was rainwater, as it had rained last night and part of the day today (bleh), and of course on top of that there was lots and lots of mud. I glanced up the sky, which was the color of steel, a silvery-gray type color. The clouds were moving slowly, and I didn't see the sun, nor any hint of blue in the sky. Silhouetted against the sky were trees, missing their leaves of course. They appeared to be straining at the sky, as if to tear open the thick mass of cloud and let the blueness and the sun pour down upon the earth.
Yeah, today was a pretty depressing day.

You shoulda seen yesterday. Completely gray (no sky at all), foggy, and quite dark. Adding the brown and muddy orange colors of the trees, and you have one insanely dreary day.

Grimm said:

You shoulda seen yesterday. Completely gray (no sky at all), foggy, and quite dark. Adding the brown and muddy orange colors of the trees, and you have one insanely dreary day.

Get a better graphics card.

Meh, its worse here. Its like 20 degrees outside and sunny. Worse yet, the son is on the horizon half the time, so driving is a bitch. All you see is glare and you cant see your speedometer because its dark compared to everything else. So anyway, the sky is perfectly clear and pale blue. No clouds. If there were clouds it would surely start snowing. Fuckign clouds...never there when you need 'em.

It finally got under 80 here today. I was going to get my coat when I walked to class but I figured it didn't matter. It was windy, but it wasn't cold.

November 11 is the day the armistece was signed at to end World War I. Now it's a good little holiday to remember all those guys who sacrificed their lives in WWI. They always talk about sacrificing their lives for freedom and such but that was more WWII. WWI was all about imperialism and alliances and fun silliness like that.

November has a habit of being very cold here and full of homework so I've never really liked it.

Heh...now I finaly know who Guy Fawkes is. Anyone who tries to blow up a major landmark using gunpowder is cool in my book. Now he's there with great anarchists and revolutionaries like Aaron Burr and the guy who started the Kansas revolution (something Brown).

I figured it was John Brown, but I couldn't remember. I hate generic names like that. :P

WWI was all about imperialism and alliances and fun silliness like that.

Not for the people fighting it. And those who were left alive to remember it afterwards don't sustain grandeuristic notions of'the good fight'; for them rememberance is more concerned with the suffering of them and their comrades, and the hope that It won't happen again.

Mithrandir said:

Not for the people fighting it. And those who were left alive to remember it afterwards don't sustain grandeuristic notions of'the good fight'; for them rememberance is more concerned with the suffering of them and their comrades, and the hope that It won't happen again.

True. However, the people who fight in wars aren't the ones who start them, and aren't the ones who can stop them.

When I tried to push a "the United States isn't even close to united" argument, one of my dad's buddies countered with the notion that, in the battlefield, everyone's the same regardless of race, creed, or origins. I agreed: every last one of them was a human sacrifice for a rich white guy.

IMJack said:

. . . the people who fight in wars aren't the ones who start them, and aren't the ones who can stop them.

I like that quote. Very true.

World War I was a horrible, horrible war. It's a shame no one even gives a damn any more.

Nanami said:

It finally got under 80 here today. I was going to get my coat when I walked to class but I figured it didn't matter. It was windy, but it wasn't cold.

Heh, I only wear a coat out if it drops below 35ish.

heh, the coolness of november puts me in a killing mood. no joke, the drabness of the environment puts me in a quake 1 mood. (btw, quake 1 and it's soundtrack are fucking AWESOME stoned).

but yeah, novermber feels like quake.