Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JangoFett

Doom Ports

Are there any Doom Ports which alow you to play a Doom game on one computer? If not is there anyway you can play over a "Null Modem"?

Even the real game allows to be played over a null modem. That is more OS/adapter reliant than exe reliant.
Legacy supports multiplayer split-screen on one machine, IIRC.

I only have 1 computer with the internet on it the other one we have I'm not allowed to use. So I was wondering if there was one where you can play those Split-screen types.

JangoFett said:

I only have 1 computer with the internet on it the other one we have I'm not allowed to use. So I was wondering if there was one where you can play those Split-screen types.

Umm...? Split screen? Get Doom64 and play N64 on your TV....

NiGHTMARE said:

Uh, you don't need to have network stuff to use the internet.

sure u do
need TCP/IP for dial up and all the stuff
u dont need a network card just a modem, it is considered networking hardware

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Thanks. Well, after playing that, my Doom sidescroller is under no threat at all.

Oh, you're making a DOOM sidescroller too? Tell me more. If you talked about it on some thread here, you can redirect me.

dr_st said:

Oh, you're making a DOOM sidescroller too? Tell me more. If you talked about it on some thread here, you can redirect me.

Well it's a mod using scripting, but it's shaping up pretty well. It's got 11 weapons, powerups, vintage ammo/health bar style hud, lots of hollow wall secrets in homage to the original sidescroller format and quite a lot of other stuff. There isn't that many concepts original to the genre, but a few. It's in testing soon, so release isn't years away.

EarthQuake said:

Wasn't there plans for a 2D Quake Sidescroller? Yes Quake.
Whatever happened to that?

It was finished.... if it was the one called Target quake. A quake3 variant was also released.