Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mlin

Can someone record Doom 2 lv07-006 in TASMBF?

I have discovered that by converting TASMBF LMP files to text and editing it, I can modify game demos. You have to manually change all the times though, which can be a tedious process.

However, I am willing to do it.

Can someone please record Doom 2 Level 7, 6 sec in TASMBF so that I can insert it into Mr. Sedlic's 16:17 demo?

* myk slaps mlin around a bit with a large trout

What's wrong with the real demo?

Oh, there's a demos forum now... you know.

And... why are you doing this?

Heh, I'm tempted to newproject this.

mlin said:

Doom 2 Level 7, 6 sec ... insert it into Mr. Sedlic's 16:17 demo?

Bad idea. It would desync since the player would start map08 with the wrong stats.

Not if you finish Level 7 with more ammo/health than what Sedlic has at the start of Level 8. Get the rocket launcher and the megasphere, and you should be fine.

Oh, and the real demo isn't fast enough. I'd like to compile a Doom 10th anniversary version.

No, that isn't how it works. Doom has a Random Number Generator status value that changes all the time. Even if the demo exited with the same or higher stats than Sedlo, the value of the Random Number Generator would be different than in the original demo, which would cause the monsters in the subsequent levels to behave differently and thus the demo would go out of sync.