Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

It's good to be BAD

Damn, I see someone put "DooM:Mercenaries" into the Archives. Whoever did this - great thanks. I've to admit I got scared when I saw a screen of my map in the /newstuff window. At first I thought someone stole my level... but eventually, why wolud someone steal a level this average?

Now, the subject of this post is, that after finishing the first episode of D:M, I learnt how to use and maintain more ACS scripts than before. So I'm starting a new project (again!)

In this project you will not be fighting demons as a regular UAC marine, no! You are the demon now. You are the dark lord Nilnah's Masterpiece! You have to prove, that inteligence is more valuable and deadly, than number and strength.

I've almost finished the first introductive map. It's called Nilnah's Thronekeep. Our marine, dead just a while ago and alive again now, wakes up in his prison cell... "Master awaits you slave..."
Soon he will have his first task to finish: Find and kill the leader of pink Demons...

How does it sound? I guess ,there were at least few projects, putting our hero on the other side of the conflict before. But, how does it feel? Do you think it's fairly original? Do you think I should recruit some mappers in order to increase the pace, and to keep my level highly detailed, or should it be a One-Man's-Work again?

I had no idea someone else had uploaded it anonymously. I would have been far kinder in my review if I had known that it was a work-in-progress that you hadn't intended to be uploaded.

Still, the textfile allows distribution - assuming that was your textfile...

Grazza said:

I had no idea someone else had uploaded it anonymously. I would have been far kinder in my review if I had known that it was a work-in-progress that you hadn't intended to be uploaded.

Doesn't the name 'mercdemo' imply that it is probably not the final version? ;-)

Graf-Zahl: Note my exact wording:

Grazza said:

a work-in-progress that you hadn't intended to be uploaded.

There's a world of difference between this and a deliberate partial/demo release.

Well, I would have done a thing or two to this porject, before uploading it to /newstuff... but It wouldn't change that much.

But what do you think about the "U-R-A-DEMON" Project?