Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Society's Decay

I stopped reading the article at the part about the pickle eating contest cause it made me hungry, but yeah. We're fucked. To me, society has no morals anymore. No one cares.

Well of course. Society is constantly decaying, just like standards in education are always declining, etc. ;)

Eh, society has always been one heaving mass of decay and perversion. It's just our modern world is a lot more honest about it.

ravage said:

Civilization is overrated. Bring on the cavemen!

What do you mean.. I thought it was a very good game!!

a shrunken model of Michelangelo's David with vodka streaming from its penis into crystal glasses.

Say what you want, the man has style.

Dark Fox said:

What do you mean.. I thought it was a very good game!!

Yes, if only real life could be like the game. :)

The first couple of things are just examples of wealth creating decadance, they're hardly about to cause the collapse of society. If fattys want to stuff food down their necks then let them, they'll be dead before you can say "heart disease". The other things are more serious, but there's not much you can do about it. Just because "democratic" western regimes are more friendly and forgiving to their populace than most, doesn't make them any less entrenched or corrupt. Americans have as much chance of ending the captialist/two-party dominance of their electoral system as Iraqis had of voting out Saddam Hussein.

Interesting...the examples started out a bit small, imo, but I can see his point. Although, there are tax credits available for education expenses. I think we're to a point where we're trapped in our own self-given image.

I believe that the world has gone down since man left paradise.

But I agree that this day and age are dominated by corporate culture. So I devide time in:

the yeare 0 till 500: dominated by whatever
the year 500 till 1900 dominated by the church
the year 1900 till 2500 dominated by corporations
the year 2500 till 2501 domintaed by love
The End.

If people would only see how fleeting notions of society and civilisation are, this would all suddenly seem so relative.

I mean, just look at world history. What's the longest any one way of life has honestly lasted? This article is about as ground-breaking as a pair of slippers.

I think the point of the article is that we should at least TRY to fix ourselves and not say "oh hey, its always like that, you can't do anything about it. Lets just vedge out and eat Cheetos". The problem with the world these days is acute apathy.

Uh, why was my post deleted? Or did I forget to actually post it or something? (Which would be really dumb. It's a shame my short-term memory sucks so much.)

Grimm said:

Uh, why was my post deleted? Or did I forget to actually post it or something? (Which would be really dumb. It's a shame my short-term memory sucks so much.)

Happens to me all the time too.

the_Danarchist said:

The problem with the world these days is acute apathy.

Don't forget boredom, apathy's dirty little sister.

Grimm said:

Or did I forget to actually post it or something?

Yeah, I do that too. Or sometimes I decide to close or hell a thread, and then forget to do it.

It tends to happen when I have lots of windows open.

yea society is fucked, alot of people dont care about anything anymore especialy the new generations.

Yep, there's the culprit. :P

If people would only see how fleeting notions of society and civilisation are, this would all suddenly seem so relative.

I mean, just look at world history. What's the longest any one way of life has honestly lasted? This article is about as ground-breaking as a pair of slippers.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. I mean, up until about 50 years ago, in America, physical and sexual abuse was ACCEPTED, for Chrissakes. Sure, there's a lot a new bullshit now, but in the end, it balances out. (At the least.)

I say society peaked in the 70's then started going downhil at about the time Disco came around. Hmmm...

society needs to hurry up and die already. i'd love to see culture dead too. no more fashion, trends, stupid girl magazines, racism, nationalism, religion, stupid pride. kill it all.

Grazza said:

Yeah, I do that too. Or sometimes I decide to clone or help a threat, and then forget to do it.

Wear a sweater.