Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NiGHTMARE

Merging two (or more) texture1s

A long time ago I decided to make a wad which contained virtually every single modified Doom (2) texture I've ever made. Today I finally got around to finishing it off, and needless to say the end result is rather large.

The problem is, there are so many textures in TEXTURE1 that Wintex screws up when I tried to add any more (it gives a "corrupt memory" error)! I got around this by creating a second TEXTURE1 in another wad and adding the rest of the textures to that.

Now I need to use something like XWE or DeePSea to merge the two TEXTURE1's together, but I have no idea whatsoever on how to do it. Therefore any advice would be more than appreciated :)

Very possible in DeePSea, and pretty straight forward.

F7 Merge-Import multiple files into a pwad.

Open one of the files as the target

Open a second as a lump file (all the lumps in that WAD get added to the lumps list, which may then be edited)

Save

Everything in the lumps list gets added to the target.

DeePSea automatically merges the texture and pnames lumps from the lump list with the target texture1 and pnames. From memory, any clashing names default to the ones in the lumps file rather than those in the original target (but if all your new textures have new, unique names then the only clashing names are the Doom(2) originals, which is fine).

I have never actually tried to open more than one lump wad with texture1 lumps in them, so I can't say if merging multiple texture1 and pnames lumps in one go is OK or not, but certainly merging 2 works fine.

Thanks Enjay! :) I'm using quite an old version of DeePSea, so fingers crossed this works. If not, I may have figured out another way...

Do you have some sort of issues withh me, or what, NiGHTMARE? My nifty message tracking says you read all of my PMs, but you never respond. Anyway, should you choose to actually write back, I sent out another one.

Tormentor667 said:

As far as I know, this also works with WinTex by joining two wads (main window -> deusf)

As I recall, this doesn't work correctly or maybe I should say accurately.

Tormentor667 said:

As far as I know, this also works with WinTex by joining two wads (main window -> deusf)

IIRC if there are entries in both wads with the same name, one of them gets overwritten by the other one.

Could also be done with Omgifol 0.2 using "merged = wad1 + wad2" (which automagically merges lumps and texture1 entries). It's not released though :P

Excellent, don't even respond. Maybe I'm on your ignore list or something. Well, sorry for spaaming this thread. I'm done now.